Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

HD trailer
I think it looks awesome, and it was cool to see Howard Stark.
I wonder when we will see Sam Jackson? I can see the other Howling Commandos, but no Fury?
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-J3HfllvXWE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

It looks really good! i can't wait to see it now.

I hate to swallow my words but I will swallow this gladly. Initially I was very worried with the direction of this movie from the 30 second spot but now that I have seen the full trailer, I think we got a winner on our hands!!!

The Howard Stark scene made it all the more cooler. Turns out the apple wasn't very far from the three after all.

The HYDRA stuff seems a little too modern GI JOE, but it is a comic book world after all. Everything else looks amazing! And since Hitler is mentioned by name, I can't see this shying away from Nazi's. It makes sense to me. While the regular (real world) military is going up against the Nazi's, the suped-up Cap is created to lead them against the clandestine, technologically advanced HYDA.

The HYDRA stuff seems a little too modern GI JOE, but it is a comic book world after all. Everything else looks amazing! And since Hitler is mentioned by name, I can't see this shying away from Nazi's. It makes sense to me. While the regular (real world) military is going up against the Nazi's, the suped-up Cap is created to lead them against the clandestine, technologically advanced HYDA.

I agree that it is definitely doable to make Hydra a main focus instead of the Nazi's, but I would prefer it to happen in movie after Cap is created. Kinda like in Ultimates where Cap and crew discovered the Nazi's were aliens on a mission. Have Cap going up against some Nazis and stumble upon Hydra as a subset, or ally, or whatever.

Still skeptical. I just have no faith in Johnston. The script will have to be bloody brilliant to overcome his weak, bland storytelling.

I agree that it is definitely doable to make Hydra a main focus instead of the Nazi's, but I would prefer it to happen in movie after Cap is created. Kinda like in Ultimates where Cap and crew discovered the Nazi's were aliens on a mission. Have Cap going up against some Nazis and stumble upon Hydra as a subset, or ally, or whatever.

I think that is what happens.
If you watch the trailer Steve Rogers is asking the guy in the sub who he is and he replies "The first of many"

I hope so, but if that's the case I dunno why they didn't just come out and say it instead of that BS about there being Nazis in the movie, they are just going to be called Hydra instead.

:lol

<object width='442' height='375' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' id='ep'><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='https://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/teamcoco_432x243_embed.swf?context=teamcoco_embed_offsite&videoId=246870' /><param name='bgcolor' 'value='#000000' /><embed src='https://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/teamcoco_432x243_embed.swf?context=teamcoco_embed_offsite&videoId=246870' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' bgcolor='#000000' allowfullscreen='true' allowscriptaccess='always' width='442' height='375'></embed></object>

Very well put together trailer.

HOWEVER...

Joe Johnston + G.I. Joe-looking Hydra enemies (no Nazis) + Watered down patriotism = I'm not falling for it.

Enthusiasm and expectations continue to be properly tempered.

Looks okay but not as exciting as the Thor trailer. I think the character will come into his own in the Avengers movie but for alot of international audiences he won't be as relevant as say Thor.

Back