Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

Joe Johnston + G.I. Joe-looking Hydra enemies (no Nazis) + Watered down patriotism = I'm not falling for it.

Everything looked so fake and lame. I got a Crystal Skull vibe throughout the entire thing. Stark struck me as looking flat out wrong. The way Cap moves looks strange to me, his leaps and hitting people seem too fake and CGied. I don't like his costume, it looks too comic con fanboy, and the lack of any real vehicles, or aircraft and all the technology with the submarine makes it feel more like it takes place in 2044 not 1944. It felt like I was watching the X-Men jet fly by rather then something from WW2.

Nothing about that trailer said period piece aside from the haircuts.

And did you guys catch that scene where Tommy Lee Jones is driving the jeep through some tunnel with Rogers in the back, something about it felt really lame to me, they were trying to make it feel epic and its like this 100 year old man driving like he stands a chance if they get into trouble.

I've watched the trailer 5 times. It still excites me. I get a wash of emotion/chills when he's being put into the super soldier chamber and he asks 'why me?' ... Just hitting all the right notes. I'm predicting this will be the best Superhero movie since Iron man I.

Deckard I think you are a true skeptic.

As far as KOTCS comparisons are concerned.... that movie looked FAR worse.

Deckard I think you are a true skeptic.

As far as KOTCS comparisons are concerned.... that movie looked FAR worse.

Really? without knowing the horrible things that waited for us I can safely say this trailer is a billion times more epic.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-J2fo5alMVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also they are in that giant warehouse and Cap is jumping and leaping around, looks like his legs maybe CGI'd just like Indy's were when he runs across the crates in Area 51.

Really. They CGi'ed Indy's legs.... :rotfl

Really? without knowing the horrible things that waited for us I can safely say this trailer is a billion times more epic.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-J2fo5alMVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also they are in that giant warehouse and Cap is jumping and leaping around, looks like his legs maybe CGI'd just like Indy's were when he runs across the crates in Area 51.

DUDE... you ARE NOT SERIOUS right?! That Indy trailer is UTTER GARBAGE.
1:45 long and the first 35 seconds is footage from the original trilogy. Then there's a 20 second shot of a car door with indy's shadow on it. Then 30 seconds of the terribly dumb action sequence in teh GIGANTIC warehouse (at least in Cap its a hangar bay and there are ARMIES fighting each other)... and dont even get me started on the fake ass driving along the cliff....

The CAP trailer blows it out of the water not just in content but editing, story concept and music/effects. You can't even MAKE SENSE of the KOTCS trailer... what's the story about?!?! The Cap trailer sets up SOOO much character development.

Sorry BUT YOU ARE WRONG.

Wife and I agree, final Thor trailer > 1st Full Cap trailer.

But i've seen great trailers = crappy movies so a trailer really means nothing nowadays.

At the end of the day.....I'm still extremely happy to finally have an IM, Cap, Thor and Avengers movie in my lifetime!

Wife and I agree, final Thor trailer > 1st Full Cap trailer.

But i've seen great trailers = crappy movies so a trailer really means nothing nowadays.

At the end of the day.....I'm still extremely happy to finally have an IM, Cap, Thor and Avengers movie in my lifetime!

The tone of the Thor movie seems a little disjointed from the trailer tho. Is it norse epic or fish-out-of-water comedy? I dont get that schitzophrenic feel from the Cap trailer. Just pure story legend.

DUDE... you ARE NOT SERIOUS right?! That Indy trailer is UTTER GARBAGE.
1:45 long and the first 35 seconds is footage from the original trilogy. Then there's a 20 second shot of a car door with indy's shadow on it. Then 30 seconds of the terribly dumb action sequence in teh GIGANTIC warehouse (at least in Cap its a hangar bay and there are ARMIES fighting each other)... and dont even get me started on the fake ass driving along the cliff....

The CAP trailer blows it out of the water not just in content but editing, story concept and music/effects. You can't even MAKE SENSE of the KOTCS trailer... what's the story about?!?! The Cap trailer sets up SOOO much character development.

Sorry BUT YOU ARE WRONG.

Uh... thats because its the teaser trailer cheif. Remember Cap's 30 seconds at the Superbowl, well they gave Indy a little more time for his teaser then that because he's an epic hero thats already a cinema icon that was returning to the screen after more then 10 years.

Heres the second "story" trailer to compare to this Cap one. I won't comment on the laughably retarded wrong statement.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gQT5k8qsI34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And Im not defending KotCS I lit my DVD copy on fire, but how can I be "WRONG" about getting a similar vibe? :lol

An actual example of someone being "wrong" would be you assuring everyone that that Barnes had a removable hair piece.

Last edited:

The tone of the Thor movie seems a little disjointed from the trailer tho. Is it norse epic or fish-out-of-water comedy? I dont get that schitzophrenic feel from the Cap trailer. Just pure story legend.

I think it's an epic fish-out-of-water norse comedy :lol

Very well put together trailer.

HOWEVER...

Joe Johnston + G.I. Joe-looking Hydra enemies (no Nazis) + Watered down patriotism = I'm not falling for it.

Enthusiasm and expectations continue to be properly tempered.

:lecture you put it very well...dont forget Globalism

I really hope this movie comes out awesome just so I can see how many of you backpedal and how many of you refuse to admit it was good. :lol

:lol I thought the same thing. Looks more like he bit his lip than got punched.

who thinks young howard stark looks PIMP? lol this is a must see for me along with THOR.

Back