Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, makes sense now! Cheers for the reminder, mate. :duff
:duff

I was actually wondering the exact same thing a few days ago. It's the only thing that made sense in my mind. I'm sure the Russos thought of it because they've said when they make their movies they want them to be "Honest Trailers proof".

I thought it was kinda interesting that Civil War would make very little sense had you not seen the previous movies. Maybe a nit-pick considering, by box office totals, clearly EVERYONE has seen the previous movies. But Civil War seemed more like Episode 5 of a TV series, in that they really didn't introduce any of the characters, it was just assumed that you knew who all of them were.

It just started making me think about how the line between movies and TV shows is being blurred, considering most of TV has transitioned into a more serialized nature. And now the MCU has become serialized, like Captain America 3 isn't a sequel to Captain America 2, it's a continuation of the story after Avengers 2 and Ant-Man.

I guess the same could be said about Iron Man 3, as that dealt with the fallout of Avengers, but Iron Man 3 was much more standalone and didn't involve a bunch of other characters.

I feel like, in ten years, Phases 1, 2 and 3 will be re-released in a new media format with subtitles, Iron Man will be Episode 1, The Incredible Hulk will be Episode 2, Avengers Episode 6, etc.

I thought it was kinda interesting that Civil War would make very little sense had you not seen the previous movies. Maybe a nit-pick considering, by box office totals, clearly EVERYONE has seen the previous movies. But Civil War seemed more like Episode 5 of a TV series, in that they really didn't introduce any of the characters, it was just assumed that you knew who all of them were.

It just started making me think about how the line between movies and TV shows is being blurred, considering most of TV has transitioned into a more serialized nature. And now the MCU has become serialized, like Captain America 3 isn't a sequel to Captain America 2, it's a continuation of the story after Avengers 2 and Ant-Man.

I guess the same could be said about Iron Man 3, as that dealt with the fallout of Avengers, but Iron Man 3 was much more standalone and didn't involve a bunch of other characters.

I feel like, in ten years, Phases 1, 2 and 3 will be re-released in a new media format with subtitles, Iron Man will be Episode 1, The Incredible Hulk will be Episode 2, Avengers Episode 6, etc.
It just seems like whichever way Marvel goes about it someone thinks it isn't sensical--I don't mean this towards you SwedishHeat but since you brought this point up it reminds me of when people thought it was moronic that other avengers weren't in Iron Man 3 or Thor 2. Like why would they not band together or at least someone on the Avengers come along and assist with these catastrophes. And on the flip side for Civil War people feel like it was too many characters and more of an Avengers sequel rather than a Captain America movie.

I guess they could have had another avengers film before infinity wars and call that Avengers Civil War and that way Captain America 3 could have been about Cap/Falcon trying to save Bucky from T'Challa and governments. And have at end on some sour note (like War Machine still getting jacked up somehow) that would lead to the fallout in an Avengers Civil War movie. If you change enough pieces you can do it that way but I like that they balanced it all in one film.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here ya go Jye
image.jpeg

When Bucky was fighting Black Widow (BW) & strangling her, BW said something along the lines of "You can at least recognise me?".
I wonder if this is a hint or easter egg to BW & Winter Soldier's romance in the comics?
In the comics, BW & Bucky hooked up when they were both training under the red room programme. They got back together when Bucky became Captain America after Steve's death & continued to date quite awhile till BW got her brain wipe by another winter soldier.
620dd7407497637adf1c92e43d078a6a.jpg

When Bucky was fighting Black Widow (BW) & strangling her, BW said something along the lines of "You can at least recognise me?".
I wonder if this is a hint or easter egg to BW & Winter Soldier's romance in the comics?
In the comics, BW & Bucky hooked up when they were both training under the red room programme. They got back together when Bucky became Captain America after Steve's death & continued to date quite awhile till BW got her brain wipe by another winter soldier.
View attachment 264416

I was thinking it was a reference to the comics as well.

I've seen it twice so far, it is such an awesome movie!

Well that's always been the core problem that continously pops up in the MCU, why they don't just team up in every movie.

very poor continuity problem to me- world in danger VERY WORLDWIDE KNOWN yet leave it up to 2 or 3 heroes where are the rest? The "away" on other worlds/areas of earth excuse lame- they haven't developed a way to communicate ??

Yeah, I found it pretty odd too... but I guess the character went back to what we'd expect from him by the end of the film.

Ending was a cop out with Stark and the entire film's events vanquished by a "I'm sorry" note- LOL

View attachment 264416

I just took it as a reference to their fight in Winter Soldier.

Back