1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's well known that Justin loves the figures he reviews most of the time.
But as long as he does point out the flaws and explains why they don't bother him, it's ok for me. It's his personal opinion. And I can decide whether I agree with him or not.

By the way his comparison video is also up, which I think it's quite objective.

IW and concept really put it to shame. Horrible (and embarrassing) that the best compliment ppl can give is that it's better than the two yr old CW cap lmao

avengers-endgame-movie-screencaps.com-14287.jpg
More comparisons
68812530_663686730801902_4021348462402529460_n.jpg

@jmann I have the feeling that you are taking this "desaster" personal. If your standard is the total movie accuracy, this figure doesn't meet it. We already get that. This is not a figure for you. Get another one.
You can keep posting comparison pictures here the next few years weekly and Hot Toys won't change anything.

This figure is a huge embarrassment for Hot Toys. The last figure of Cap should be more detailed and different from others. The old figures inaccuracies should be fixed. But Hot Toys just released the same figure with a new, and very bad designed, chest armor.

On th other hand, our mistake is much bigger. If we continue to buy any product of Hot Toys with ignoring any big and unacceptable faults, they do not care about us.

@jmann I have the feeling that you are taking this "desaster" personal. If your standard is the total movie accuracy, this figure doesn't meet it. We already get that. This is not a figure for you. Get another one.
You can keep posting comparison pictures here the next few years weekly and Hot Toys won't change anything.
This is a discussion board and I'm simply sharing my dislike. With the same passion I would share for my like of a figure if I did. I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Don't like it? Your problem. Maybe try not taking other opinions personal. What you have a "feeling" about is completely irrelevant to me :wink1:. I wouldn't get down your throat if you fervently disliked something, so get off mine.

The star is the most notable error. It is too small and the darker blue around it is not dark enough nor is it in the correct fabric. HT really should have a look at this and alter for the regular release. They aren't a stranger to changing figures before release.

MoS Superman reduced the bulkiness
BvS Batman fixed the flabby looking suit
Han solo sculpt was changed

I'm sure there were others.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Found this bad ass custom while browsing Insta
67416044_390998501519293_316487201867832608_n.jpg
69237368_133445224675606_9049075291447449993_n.jpg

IW cap really is the perfect mold for them to build on

This is a discussion board and I'm simply sharing my dislike. With the same passion I would share for my like of a figure if I did. I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Don't like it? Your problem. Maybe try not taking other opinions personal. What you have a "feeling" about is completely irrelevant to me :wink1:. I wouldn't get down your throat if you fervently disliked something, so get off mine.

I was expecting that "this is my opinion" :wink1:

"Discussion" means both parties bring new aspects and argumentations into a dialog. You are just repeating the same things over and over again without bringing us any further. Have you sent any of your comparisons to Hot Toys?
I never had a problem with people having a different opinion than mine. Read my post again.

I was expecting that "this is my opinion" :wink1:

"Discussion" means both parties bring new aspects and argumentations into a dialog. You are just repeating the same things over and over again without bringing us any further. Have you sent any of your comparisons to Hot Toys?
I never had a problem with people having a different opinion than mine. Read my post again.

Discussion means everyone shares their opinion good or bad. You not liking it or tired of me "repeating myself" means absolutely nothing to me. You don't like it, your best bet is to keep it moving as I don't give two tosses on your thoughts of my posting. As the way I share my feelings won't change. Either that or get used to it. You won't dictate how I share my love or disdain for a fig. And im sure as hell not obliged to bring you anything further than how I feel about it. As many times as I like. Come back at me when I actually do something wrong, maybe your post will suddenly carry some weight. Otherwise keep it moving.

So it's basically take it or piss off? I thought this is a discussion board? lol
Don't worry, if it's the way you think, I'm done anyway.

So it's basically take it or piss off? I thought this is a discussion board? lol
Don't worry, if it's the way you think, I'm done anyway.

Damn right it is a discussion board, a great one at that:clap. Openly discuss till your heart's content about how much you love or hate the fig. Rant on and on and feel free to share as much as you like. Or as little. That's the beauty of this place. Just don't @ me complaining about my sharing. Good talk:goodpost:

I find the buckles to be the worst on the Endgame figure. They really just sort of threw a couple of grossly under-sized buckles on there. Here's hoping the regular edition will have that fixed. I can live with the chest piece...heck I'll live with the buckles too but really hope the get fixed!

I find the buckles to be the worst on the Endgame figure. They really just sort of threw a couple of grossly under-sized buckles on there. Here's hoping the regular edition will have that fixed. I can live with the chest piece...heck I'll live with the buckles too but really hope the get fixed!

If you look at the Prototype, it's much, much better.
70644457_2388742298061819_4753473944114167808_n.jpg

So true. Even the broken shield is correct there. Don't know what happened with the D23 edition. Really hope that the regular version will be more like the prototype!

That's my hope as well. Hoping the D23 version was just a rush job to have something at the event.

Does anyone have a prototype pic of behind the shield from any of the recent shows? You never know, the straps could still be mounted in the wrong place and they used a quick fix to place it in the proper position... super glue or whatever. Anyways I emailed Sideshow today asking for them to cancel my 3 pre-orders for this guy and refund my NRD in the form of store-credit if they're not willing to refund directly. I'll pull the trigger again after the final pics come out...

But honestly I'm not expecting much to be changed. Am sure they invested alot in the tooling and equipment for these Endgame armor parts and shield, etc. and not enough people are complaining. Production could also be happening right now as we speak. Reputable reviewers are supposed to use their platforms to get Hot Toys' attention but it doesn't help when people like Justin continuously defend it and try to convince people 'it's not so bad' by comparing it to older figures (which doesn't even make sense IMO. Of course its going to look better overall when compared to older figures but that doesn't mean I'm going to overlook the finer details and give them a free pass :cuckoo:)

I wish you were still hungry Howard. Sleeping on those factory floors and seeking perfection in every single detail. I truly hope another company comes along and wakes you up by taking the crown. Movie MASTERPIECE Series? This ain't no masterpiece by a long shot. People are making better looking customs without expensive equipment or a dedicated design/R&D team. Ridiculous.

I've seen a few reviews that say the head is not pin-headed, it is.
The helmeted head with a detachable face, like the CW and Concept are smaller/narrower than the AOU/TWS helmeted head.
I've compared these heads and there is a difference.

The reason the Concept Cap looks fine with that helmeted head with removeable face is that it has a smaller physique, so it matches the head.
On my CW cap, if you use the helmeted head with detachable face, if youre going for a dynamic pose, it can look ok.
But if you are going for just a heroic pose, he also looks pinheaded, that's why I have an AOU head on mine.
This is the reason why some people think Battling Cap has a better physique than Regular CW Cap. The body is the same, the difference is battling has the bigger AOU/TWS helmeted head and CW cap has the narrower helmeted head with detachable face.

So this figure with the helmeted head with detachable face is definitely pinheaded. It would look better if it uses an AOU/TWS head.

I've seen a few reviews that say the head is not pin-headed, it is.
The helmeted head with a detachable face, like the CW and Concept are smaller/narrower than the AOU/TWS helmeted head.
I've compared these heads and there is a difference.

The reason the Concept Cap looks fine with that helmeted head with removeable face is that it has a smaller physique, so it matches the head.
On my CW cap, if you use the helmeted head with detachable face, if youre going for a dynamic pose, it can look ok.
But if you are going for just a heroic pose, he also looks pinheaded, that's why I have an AOU head on mine.
This is the reason why some people think Battling Cap has a better physique than Regular CW Cap. The body is the same, the difference is battling has the bigger AOU/TWS helmeted head and CW cap has the narrower helmeted head with detachable face.

So this figure with the helmeted head with detachable face is definitely pinheaded. It would look better if it uses an AOU/TWS head.

Agree with you at 100%

Back