Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I would love to see that too.

Finally old man!

:lol

I easily place this movie above TWS and Avengers, and I love those 2!

Wow, that's high praise indeed coming from you. Obviously it blows away the first Avengers film but I'd have to see it a second (or third) time to decide if it really surpasses TWS in terms of quality. It certainly had a higher degree of difficulty, that's for sure. With regards to "classic Cap moments from the comics that I've always wanted to see on screen" CW had some major ones and I won't bore anyone with the specific comic issues that they referenced. That final Cap/Stark fight was just incredible.

Black Panther and Zemo had very nice overlapping arcs what with them both being sideline players during the tragedy that killed their respective loved ones and then handling it in parallel ways before diverging at the very end.

I can't help but smile just thinking about Ant-Man and Spider-Man in that airport battle. Such perfect additions to a really great brawl. Usually even after one showing a nitpick or two will stick with me but at the moment nothing is coming to mind. I can't believe that Captain America, MY favorite superhero now has arguably the greatest trilogy (TFA/TWS/CW) in the history of the genre. And it won't get stupid until after they James Bond him out at the earliest because Evans said he's done making solo Cap films. We finally got a three and out without a Superman III, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, or TDKR. :clap

My favorite line is still Spidey's reaction to Giant-man......"Holy ****!" :lol

:lol

I would love to see that too.

Nice! :rock

My guess is that Panther's ring and Bucky's arm are made of vibranium. Not sure of the huge importance or why they reflect, as we see Cap and Panther go at it and his suit is vibranium too.

But if it magnetizes, it makes sense as we see Bucky catch the shield several time with ease and always with his arm.
But Bucky's arm wouldn't have been destroyed by Iron man if it was vibranium since Caps shield has no problem whatsoever taking IM's repulsors.

The ring was definitely doing something to Bucky.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe I was expecting a little more from this one but I left feeling underwhelmed. There were certain moments that I enjoyed - the airport battle, the final battle and Ant-man's scenes - but I just wasn't feeling this one. I believe part of the problem, for me, is that I've been desensitized to these "epic" superhero battles. Before Marvel movies exploded into theaters, the occasional superhero movie was akin to a "treat" intermixed with the regular slew of comedies, dramas, action flicks, etc. in theaters. And like treats, having too many removes the uniqueness and the subsequent pleasure associated with them. Heck, I got tired of Transformers after the sequel!

'Captain America: Civil War' conquers box office again with $72.6M

The A-list money team-up of George Clooney andJulia Roberts couldn't foil the monster duo of Captain America and Iron Man.The superhero blockbuster Captain America: Civil War conquered all at the box office for a second weekend in a row, pulling in $72.6 million and running its domestic total to $295.9 million.

Globally, Civil War zoomed past $940 million, making it the third consecutive Disney release this year (after Zootopia and The Jungle Book) to surpass $800 million. It also helped the Marvel Cinematic Universe to reach a combined $10 billion in eight years from 13 movies.

If Thor 3 is only 75% the quality of CW it will be a win for Thor fans.

It could be if they use Hulk well :lol

Is it bad that my favorite thing out of Thor is Loki and not Thor himself? I liked the first movie when he was out of his element, but after that, there's just been something, I guess for lack of other words, boring about Thor himself.

I still haven't seen this ****er. Anyone I'd normally go to the cinema with went to see it while on a surfing trip that I skipped. I've never gone to the cinema alone before, just seems weird.

I still haven't seen this ****er. Anyone I'd normally go to the cinema with went to see it while on a surfing trip that I skipped. I've never gone to the cinema alone before, just seems weird.

Do it once and you'll never look back. With a 2 year old and friends that all have kids/families I go to the movies whenever the opportunity arises. It actually feels great to eliminate the hassle of coordinating a group.

Do it once and you'll never look back. With a 2 year old and friends that all have kids/families I go to the movies whenever the opportunity arises. It actually feels great to eliminate the hassle of coordinating a group.

Same here.

Unless you are a guy who likes to talk during movie scenes.

Back