Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum , if you look at it that way then yes they are gimmicks but at the time they were fresh and yes it was not a for gone conclusion that they would return.

It's kind of like we'll we know the hero is will win so why bother with the movie , cause it's the journey that memorable.

My point exactly.....why DC introduced this in BvS is frustrating as hell. They preset the stage to advance their storyline showcasing death as temporary therefore their heroes peril is pointless because they'll be back. I don't want this in Marvel....

yeah, I think its important to know though that this isn't comic books, its movies. So time, in some sense, is moving much faster. So I say seize the day man, don't be afraid to kill off our beloved characters.We will never get to know these characters for as long as we did in comics. Of course there is reboots and what not but 2 hour films are a much different medium then reading 50 years worth of tiny issues of comic books.
But that comes back to my point. I don't think Disney wants to have the avengers vs thanos...starring Anthony Mackie and Don Cheadle as the main characters. I like all the actors involved...but the heart of these films really comes from the two mainstayers. I don't think a transition to the others would be as rewarding on the big screen.

Take Hawkeye. People want him to be killed off. I get that but I'd much rather that he was just written better. More chip on his shoulder and more smart ass. More confrontational. I'd much rather that they get Hawkeye right and give him justice rather than kill him off. Comic movies won't be the huge successes they are now, forever, but if there is a plan for these films after thanos...start taking their lives then.

Like negan on walking dead, if he's the ultimate bad than he's got to be the one to take some characters out. Let him be the doomsday. There is supposed to be infinity war part 1 and 2 are? Kill someone at the end of part 1. But we just had quicksilver die (it didn't bother me either) I don't think we need to have a main character die (I'd live with Hawkeye but for someone who was one of the best avengers ever in the comics it would suck he never reached that level of awesone) just yet. I want them around to face, whom I consider, to be the Sauron of the avengers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My point exactly.....why DC introduced this in BvS is frustrating as hell. They preset the stage to advance their storyline showcasing death as temporary therefore their heroes peril is pointless because they'll be back. I don't want this in Marvel....
I see your point , but for me it was nice to see that story line brought to life on the big screen and it was emotional. I hoping marvel can at least come close to that .

hmm yeah kind of but it was a bit emotional and he is such an iconic character (and everyone knows him as all powerful) to watch him actually die was something. Of course I hate the shot of the coffin at the end. but if it was just moved to after the credits it would have been better. I really don't think anyone thought he would actually die anyway. But charcters like Sam Jackson and Falcon, yeah they are more believable to die, to have them come back would be bad.

Adding to the BVS ending. They made his real big and operatic, at least to me that's how it seemed. Like people in that world would talk about that moment forever. people would have paintings of Batman passing down Supermans body wonderwoman and Lois in there text books :rotfl

But that comes back to my point. I don't think Disney wants to have the avengers vs thanos...starring Anthony Mackie and Don Cheadle as the main characters. I like all the actors involved...but the heart of these films really comes from the two mainstayers. I don't think a transition to the others would be as rewarding on the big screen.

Take Hawkeye. People want him to be killed off. I get that but I'd much rather that he was just written better. More chip on his shoulder and more smart ass. More confrontational. I'd much rather that they get Hawkeye right and give him justice rather than kill him off. Comic movies won't be the huge successes they are now, forever, but if there is a plan for these films after thanos...start taking their lives then.

Like negan on walking dead, if he's the ultimate bad than he's got to be the one to take some characters out. Let him be the doomsday. There is supposed to be infinity war part 1 and 2 are? Kill someone at the end of part 1. But we just had quicksilver die (it didn't bother me either) I don't think we need to have a main character die (I'd live with Hawkeye but for someone who was one of the best avengers ever in the comics it would suck he never reached that level of awesone) just yet. I want them around to face, whom I consider, to be the Sauron of the avengers.

Hawkeye did die in the comics as well as Ant man, but because they we second tier characters there death was not handled in the same way as caps was.

Considering caps return story arch was not all that in my opinion I would not be in favor of him dieing, but bucky and rhody oh its open season on them. They are canon fodder. Even happy died in the comic.

If not in this movie then at least when Thanos shows up or else nobody is going to take him seriously . His revel was been so botched up so far that I consider him a big let down from his comic counter part.

I am interested to see what they do with baron zemo, dud earn the thunderbolts in the comic hope to at least have him do something remotely devious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hear pretty meh things about Zemo..but he might be set up as a bigger villain down the road. Not sure how true that is if it all. But it has lowered my expectations in regards to him so I'm not disappointed.

Technically...the whole marvel universe was killed off by deadpool and by the punisher. And they were all zombies lol.

So deaths in comics are a waste of time. In the movies I'd be sad to see them go. Cap should probably be killed by Thanos. Rbj seems like he'd call it quits after so that's one way you'd right off those characters. Vision will be killed by then since thanos needs his crystal. And new avengers can happen after...if anybody still cares.

The only death and resurrection that would make sense in MCU is Thor, he could die during Ragnarok, then fight his way through Hel and come back to the living, and it won't feel out of place. With Cap or anyone else it would feel kind of cheap to die and come back later, but I guess they could always use one of the infinity stones to resurrect him or something.

If Steve does die in CW, someone will only take his place until he's resurrected, Steve will still be Cap for the Thanos fight. (unless Chris Evans really doesn't want to come back, but that's a whole other thing.)

And remember, Avengers doesn't need to assemble unless there is a real reason to do so. Steve maybe dies in CW, Thor probably dies in Ragnarok, Iron man is viewed as a villain after CW.. the Avengers dissembles after CW. Then you get a whole bunch of solo movies where Avengers no longer exist. Then when Thanos is about to show up, there's a reason for the Avengers to assemble again, and this time with new powerhouse like Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange etc. Thor fights his way through Hel and is back, they use one of the stones to resurrect Steve so he's back, and Tony sort of redeem himself along the way, so the old band is back together with new members and meet up with the GotG to fight Thanos.

---

Last edited:
Pretty much. Though I wonder if they will have a new avengers stage--as they seemed to hint to at the end if AoU. Black Panther can be a bigger part of the team...he usually is when you have someone like Thanos or Ultron threatening the planet.

I do think Marvel is setting things up for a very emotional passing of the torch moment..whether some characters are killed or some of them just give up and let someone else step in. It's eventually coming. But no sense in rushing it now if we know they'll just be back imo.

Every interview with Feige and the movie announcements beyond Infinity Wars lead me to think the Avengers will likely lose the original 6 in death or something.

Right now it's great because they have so many pivotal arcs to take from. But after ultron, and civil war, ragnarok, infinity war. Possibly planet hulk. Idk where they go from there. The best material is coming out in a very quick pace.

image.jpeg

Every interview with Feige and the movie announcements beyond Infinity Wars lead me to think the Avengers will likely lose the original 6 in death or something.

maybe this particular franchise needs to die at some point

Back