Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 3 (May 6, 2016)

Ha, I *knew* the opening ship rescue in TWS was reminiscent of Batroc stealing the explosive tanker and trying to ram it into Manhattan during John Byrne's 1980 run. :rock Awesome to see them acknowledge it.

Ha, I *knew* the opening ship rescue in TWS was reminiscent of Batroc stealing the explosive tanker and trying to ram it into Manhattan during John Byrne's 1980 run. :rock Awesome to see them acknowledge it.
So you're saying that a comic book movie not only stayed true to the theme of the book but actually used elements from the comic book, was an amazing movie and made tons of money?

Thats not possible.

So you're saying that a comic book movie not only stayed true to the theme of the book but actually used elements from the comic book, was an amazing movie and made tons of money?

Thats not possible.

(с) DC / Warner Bros.

I have a hard time believing that a "Death of Cap" story would work for the next film. We've basically seen two Cap movies now where he makes a heart tugging "sacrifice play" at the end. To end a third movie with people weepy (in and out of the film) over Cap's fate might be a bit much.

I think a "bit much" might sell VERY well and be PERFECT.

The Death of Captain America was one of those comic story-lines that hit nation-wide news. Comic fans went bonkers and if the Winter Soldier storyline didn't solidify Brubaker's Captain America run, his "Death of Cap" storyline definitely did.

I personally think it's the way to go and a good way of reintroducing "The Red Skull" ("possessing" a character, allowing them to cast a new guy as the villain since Weaving has been vocal about not playing Skull again) to later be part of the rumored "villain team-up" with Thanos for Avengers 3. Of course, Cap won't REALLY die....but it'd be great to make the audience think he does.

Every Cap movie I complain about some big cast or storyline announcement and then it turns out awesome. So fine, bring on "The Death of Cap." :lol

Well appearing in a Russo Bros film will definitely increase the chance of him finally having a badass costume on screen.
:lol for sure.
Hell, maybe he'd even become an interesting character all of a sudden...

I'm all for Hawkeye (though in all honesty, I would prefer Widow to return to Cap 3 because I adored her in TWS and I think she works so well with Cap and his solo universe).

I just hope Bucky and Sam don't get sidelined. Especially Bucky, who really needs to have focus after being such a "ghost" in TWS.

I think Scarletts pregnancy will prevent her from having a big role or role in this film at all. I would be so happy if Sharon Carter was the female lead and love interest in this movie.

I think Hawkeye would be a great character to flesh out more in this film since it looks like he will have a better role in Avengers 2 as well.

But I agree, hopefully Bucky doesn't get sidelined... really want him to have a big role in upcoming MCU movies and take over the Cap mantle when Evans wants out.

And just because...
tumblr_n9hpbqhRI51qmgx74o1_500.png

:love :love

Well I don't really see Marvel ending solo Captain America films at only three but they could still do a cool Chris Evans send off. Maybe have him "die" like in the comics, then get replaced by Bucky or Falcon, then after one or two solo movies with one of them they can do a soft reboot of the Steve Rogers character after he gets "resurrected" (recap his origin in the opening credits) but have him played by a different actor.

Interesting that they're considering getting a little wild after the success of GOTG. And lol over the Russo Bros appreciation of all the Hail Hydra memes. :lol

"I think when people learn the title of Cap 3, they’ll understand that Marvel is continuing to take really big swings," Joe Russo told me. "[That title] is coming soon. Shortly. Very, very soon."

What would be a "swing for fences" title? Captain America: Civil War? The Death of Captain America? Captain America: Secret Wars? :panic:

Civil War would make sense as a big time title, except it would seem weird to make that a Cap movie and not an Avengers one, or just a general Marvel Studios one. Only one title really makes sense to me, considering this is gonna be a Cap movie.

g46835e33.jpg

Death of Captain America? Civil War? Avengers Dissasembled?

Death of Cap would make much more sense AFTER Avengers 3. Also Civil War would be better off with an established secret identity character (perhaps Netflix developed Daredevil) taking the place of the unavailable Spiderman.

I could see a civil war movie with Cap vs. IM. Maybe US gov disavows Cap... makes Bucky Cap and he fights Steve Rogers and his group (Banner, Black Widow, Falcon, Thor). Iron Man has War Machine, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision.

Back