Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit underwhelming, as a standard FPS it would be acceptable. However this just doesn't look like a COD game? I mean 2025? Un-manned tanks that look like crabs with mini-guns on their backs? :lol:

I probably will cave and buy it but I won't be rushing out unless a 21st century zombie mode is 100% confirmed.

So judging on the fact no one's posted in this thread for months, I guess no one's getting the collector's editions they announced today...let alone the game? :lol

Ill be playing halo 4 in november no intrest in black ops 2 it will be the same shat with outdated graphics engine. Next call of duty I get will be infinaty wards on the next gen consoles.

No thanks....I'm not really a fan of COD going futuristic...Feels like they're running out of ideas for this franchise...Has COD reached its peak...Lets hope not.

From what I've seen, it looks rather good. Doesn't seem too futuristic ... no worse than Ghost Recon. I like the idea of a war building for decades. My understanding is that the story starts in the 80s with Alex Mason, then continues in the future with David Mason. Cool concept. Also good that they've gone to so much trouble to actually use realistic tech (as opposed to the cloaking, etc. from Ghost Recon, which seems a bit far-fetched).

Interested to see what they do with the Zombies ...

Nuketown_Zombies_-_Black_Ops_2.jpg

I wasn't that big a fan of Nuketown specifically ... but blending zombies with multiplayer would be a cool development.

I don't always buy these right when they come out, but I actually might this time.

SnakeDoc

Meh, FPS' are gonna be slowly fading out of people's interests. They've outstayed their welcome on this gen of consoles. It's the time of Action/adventure games again.

Cod, Halo, MOH, Battlefield... Whatever. They are all the same with a different coat of color.

Last edited:
Hardened and care package (collectors edition) up for pre order!

I don't think CoD is dead really. Sales are still sky high. I just think they need to give it a break for a couple years and rebuild it. The engine is a relic. I can tell Activision is terrified in making any real changes at risk of costing them a cent, but if they don't want CoD to join Tony Hawk, they need to. Its a franchise that just feels old when you play it and that's because under the new textures and colors, it is the same old game.

BO had some good ideas, but the engine is beyond broken and MW3 was such an embarrassing rehash, I was never able to fully enjoy it. For the first time in years, I'm going to pass on the new CoD.

The thing that bothers me with Call of Duty is all the damn map packs they come out with. $15 bucks for what 3 or 4 maps? That just bothers me. I guess coming from the PC where call of duty map packs were free. At least in COD2 and the first modern warfare. They just need to slow down on maps and game releases every year. Maybe just release one game every two years? That being said I will still pick this up, because my buddies love playing zombies and it's actually pretty fun to play with people you know.

I don't think CoD is dead really. Sales are still sky high. I just think they need to give it a break for a couple years and rebuild it. The engine is a relic. I can tell Activision is terrified in making any real changes at risk of costing them a cent, but if they don't want CoD to join Tony Hawk, they need to. Its a franchise that just feels old when you play it and that's because under the new textures and colors, it is the same old game.

BO had some good ideas, but the engine is beyond broken and MW3 was such an embarrassing rehash, I was never able to fully enjoy it. For the first time in years, I'm going to pass on the new CoD.

Yeah, I've bought every CoD since COD2.

Gonna pass though. An easy decision. FarCry and ACIII here I come! :yess:

I've played every COD since the first one back on PC, and while the franchise isn't the be-all-and-end-all, I still enjoy playing them, so I'll grab Black Ops 2 eventually. Probably wait for a bargain first though, depending on just how my finances happen to be at the time.

the new Hitman is the game I'm most hanging out for right now.

Is there a release of Black Ops 1 that includes all the DLC? Like a GOTY edition or something? I never downloaded any of it, and might be better off trading in my original copy and just buying a new one with the DLC included.

SnakeDoc

Looking forward to this. I know a lot of people say they hate COD & COD's dead blah blah but you just know it'll be the or very close to being the best selling game.
I never quite understood the hate for MW3, I struggled with it a bit at 1st but then it just grew & grew on me. I really enjoyed the Elite maps & Face Off 3v3. I think my love for the game helps that I'm pretty good at it ;) the 1st MW will always be my favourite though

so who will be playing this game here ?
I am playing the campaign on pc for amazing graphics but I will have a ps3 copy day one to play online.

some of they new weapons and features are really cool.
to super pumped for it but it will be fun to play.

I am getting pumped for MW4

Looking forward to this. I know a lot of people say they hate COD & COD's dead blah blah but you just know it'll be the or very close to being the best selling game.
I never quite understood the hate for MW3, I struggled with it a bit at 1st but then it just grew & grew on me. I really enjoyed the Elite maps & Face Off 3v3. I think my love for the game helps that I'm pretty good at it ;) the 1st MW will always be my favourite though

no matter what evryone says call of duty has changed the fps multiplayer world. halo is fun online but it dosent come even close to the call of duty MW series and this tuesday coming up it will get put in the shadows by call of duty black ops 2. I hated black ops 1 hope this one is better.

Haven't been keeping up with this one at all really. The trailers and general look of the game hasn't got me excited tbh. Still, I'll be playing day one no doubt. It is COD after all.

Back