Media Red Dead Redemption 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chargersfan57

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Game Wire: Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming"

Red-Dead-Redemption-2-544827.jpg

"Red Dead Redemption 2 is now in production, according to latest rumours.

New reports claim Rockstar are developing a sequel to Red Dead Redemption which will be exclusively on the Xbox One and PS4.

An insider has allegedly revealed the game will have a focus on integrated co-op.

Take-Two Interactive's Strauss Zelnick has already confirmed Red Dead will be a 'permanent franchise' so a new announcements for the next-gen consoles seems inevitable for the popular title."

Game Wire: Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming, Xbox Live Christmas shutdown, PS4 logo mystery | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this yet...

Last edited:
I'm aware on how much the first game was praised, but I never gotten around playing it because I was spoiled by the main character's fate. I guess that shouldn't stop me though.

Oddly, I never finished it, either. I came pretty close, but held it off for the longest time. The news of RDR 2 is awesome, but it would be equally incredible if the original game was given a current-gen remake in HD :drool.

Oddly, I never finished it, either. I came pretty close, but held it off for the longest time. The news of RDR 2 is awesome, but it would be equally incredible if the original game was given a current-gen remake in HD :drool.

That would be an insta-buy for me, especially after how much care was put in the current gen GTA port.

RDR was one of the best games I ever played. I definitely suggest you guys finish it regardless of if you know the ending or not.

The only part that worries me about this new game is the "will have a focus on integrated co-op"...

RDR was one of the best games I ever played. I definitely suggest you guys finish it regardless of if you know the ending or not.

The only part that worries me about this new game is the "will have a focus on integrated co-op"...

Oh, believe me, I do plan on finishing it. But, I'll have to start a new save file from scratch, because my Fat 80 GB PS3 (which I used to play RDR) got YLOD... :slap. And I made so much progress in the game, too.

I've experienced a bit of integrated co-op with AC Unity, and I didn't like it one bit.

Thought you had one ?

Not yet, I'll have to get one soon enough.

I'll wait for something official before I get excited. Not that I doubt the validity of the stuff, but because I don't feel like getting excited with nothing to show for it for a couple of years.

I loved the first one but never finished it. I spent too much time wandering around and not playing the storyline til I got burnt out on it.

The same thing happened to me, although I did make it very far in the game. There's so much to do in Sandbox titles, it's easy to get lost in them. I'm feeling incredibly overwhelmed by AC Unity at the moment :lol.

I'll wait for something official before I get excited. Not that I doubt the validity of the stuff, but because I don't feel like getting excited with nothing to show for it for a couple of years.

A couple of years is right. I'd love a HD release of RDR before then :pray:.

Whether there's speculation or official news of a sequel, It's great to hear mention of it. Definitely one of the best games ever and I still play it. I would absolutely recommend anyone to play it. Having played GTA on the One, I can only imagine the possibilities for Red Dead. Hopefully co-op in story mode would be added to the sequel.:)

Take-Two Interactive's Strauss Zelnick has already confirmed Red Dead will be a 'permanent franchise' so a new announcements for the next-gen consoles seems inevitable for the popular title."

This quote was from an investor conference call back in May.

So, whether it was a CEO just getting the people hyped up to buy more stock or actually an indication that Rockstar was actually working on a game, is really anyone's guess.

Writing an article titled "Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming" is the same as me writing an article titled "Star Wars Episode 8 is coming". Of course, it is. That's a given. But we know nothing about it, except it's going to happen.

It probably won't be a sequel to the first game. Rockstar might treat it like GTA, and release RDR 2 with a new main character in a different setting.

I'll definitely pick this up if it's true, loved RDR and Undead Nightmare. I'm not too keen on a focus on co-op though. I felt that was one of Dead Space 3's major downsides. All these locations I couldn't go to because I needed another person.

^:lecture

I haven't played Dead Space 3, but I hate how some games try to force co-op to complete certain side-missions. I'd like for there to be a clear separation between a single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer/co-op.

Back