BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: I messaged Giant toy and they said 1-2 weeks for Geralt.
We can only wish it was to come out then! I’d be happy if they just told us the exact month it is coming. I’m happy to wait as long as it takes but just knowing when would be nice

We can only wish it was to come out then! I’d be happy if they just told us the exact month it is coming. I’m happy to wait as long as it takes but just knowing when would be nice
Isnt the general consensus September at this stage? I've pre ordered this from an Australian retailer. They too didnt have a clear date for him most of the times I'd asked. So far they seem to think it will be September though.

I'm not exactly holding my breath however. I suppose for those of us who have waited this long since P.O it isnt going to make that much of a difference now. It would be nice to finally have him in hand but I think SooSoo will be releasing their one in September too so I can see myself having their one well before Buzztoys arrives.

I'm pretty happy with the SooSoo version, I think the suit looks darn cool and the hair is honestly not as bad as everyone seems to think it is. I've always believed it's all about how you pose your figures. If you plan to leave him in a museum pose or just genuinely not that good at posing them realistically (as I've noticed a big number of collectors are) - not that theres anything wrong with that. But a good pose can make any figure shine! Especially if you find a pose that works well within the figures limitations and allows you to tuck away or hide any areas you dont particularly like.

I have several figures that I consider somewhat sub par posed in such a way that their positive attributes are at the forefront. Making the negatives near on invisible unless you start scanning every inch of the figure to find them.

This hobby is as much about the owners creativity as it is the artists who produce them.

Let's hope we see Geralt arrive in the near future! Heck at this point I really dont mind which one arrives first, I'd just love to get my MT Toys Geralt a buddy on the shelf!

Isnt the general consensus September at this stage?
The problem with this one was that the general consensus was December 2022. Then it was “promised” for February 2023. Which turned into April. Then June. Now September. So even if that was the consensus, it doesn’t mean it’ll happen.

If LIM wasn’t attached to this project in a small way I would have cancelled already but I’m sticking with it, for now, out of loyal to them. That said, it’s getting to a stage beyond concerning since this brand has never released anything otherwise.

The problem with this one was that the general consensus was December 2022. Then it was “promised” for February 2023. Which turned into April. Then June. Now September. So even if that was the consensus, it doesn’t mean it’ll happen.

If LIM wasn’t attached to this project in a small way I would have cancelled already but I’m sticking with it, for now, out of loyal to them. That said, it’s getting to a stage beyond concerning since this brand has never released anything otherwise.
I wouldnt say its concerning in any way. Especially if you ordered through a reputable company. I mean...you'll get your money back 🤷‍♂️ so theres nothing to stress over. Unless ofcourse you pre ordered via ebay or something stupid like that.

I kind of believe theres no point in stressing about things like this as in my experience it just means you'll suffer twice 🤷‍♂️😉

It will arrive when it arrives, if you've waited this long then any longer wont change anything. If anything it will be that much more exciting when it finally ships out! I'd say when this figure arrives it will cause a massive buzz (excuse the pun) with all the delays it's been through. We will have lots of people talking about it, reviewing it, scrutinizing every details just to find something to complain about 😂😏 (as a large number of collectors seem to have a fetish for) way I see it is, all figures have good and bad attributes. The way you choose to deal with them is up to you.

I do agree that Buzztoys will most likely fade into obscurity after this release as their time management has cause too much negative p.r even if this figure came out as a solid 10/10 I doubt people will want to pre order their products again not knowing how long theyll have to wait for their next piece.

All that being said. Just worry less about when you'll get it and try to enjoy the anticipation of how it will turn out. I often find myself fantasizing about the displays I'll be doing for this figure or photo ideas etc. After all it's the only S1 Cavill Witcher we will get so it's already a grail in that aspect.

Threezero is teasing witcher stuff at the moment so I'm fairly certain they may have acquired the license for the netflix show. So we may see some 1/6 figures from them in the near future!

Just remember if you've waited this long, any longer is all the same dude. 😉😊

Agreed. I had actually planned to cancel when the February date slipped, & got busy with other unexpected life stuff & managed to forget about it until the season 3 promos were everywhere. Now it's supposedly coming in September, so I'll give it until then & decide if I'd rather have something that's actually out if it still isn't.

I get that patience & positivity are admirable qualities, but it's also okay to be deflated when the 4th or 5th "this is it, guys, get excited" slips by & nothing happens. I don't understand the willingness to normalize just happily waiting indefinitely, but I'm definitely not wired that way. Patience takes work for some of us. 😂

I do get that endless negativity can be wearisome, & I really endeavor not to be a source of it, but I also tend to feel the same way about the "It's been years, but everything is wonderful & waiting is almost as good as having the thing you ordered & you should just enjoy the daydreaming and JPEGs from 2021" sorts of posts, too. If that works for some people, more power to them, but just I'm too old & cranky for waiting to be the fun part. LOL I prefer a happy medium of good natured, world weary exasperation.

I really hope this thing is great, & something adjacent to worth the wait for everyone, but somebody needs to push Geralt through a portal already.

The problem to me is a) no legit updates or explanation from company b) no evidence this company IS reputable or that it can pull this off.

This is their first figure. People keep saying "oh but the parent company" or something. But the whole point of a new company/sister company is to insulate the parent company from liability ... so if buzztoys messed this up, parent company will say "that wasn't us."

Just my thoughts. I don't like to be negative either, but it is ridiculous to not even get an explanation for the seriously long delays.

The problem to me is a) no legit updates or explanation from company b) no evidence this company IS reputable or that it can pull this off.

This is their first figure. People keep saying "oh but the parent company" or something. But the whole point of a new company/sister company is to insulate the parent company from liability ... so if buzztoys messed this up, parent company will say "that wasn't us."

Just my thoughts. I don't like to be negative either, but it is ridiculous to not even get an explanation for the seriously long delays.

Starting out in that biz surely has to be brutal, so I do sympathize, but yeah, not having any previous track record is always going to come with a lot of valid skepticism, hopeful as most of it it may be. With somebody like Lim or Master Team, it's not like the waiting is more fun, but they've earned quite a bit of good faith by putting out great figures. I might have 20% more grey hair when stuff arrives, but it's going to be spectacular. Maybe this guy will stride onto my shelf & be a show stealer. If so, that could smooth the path a little for whatever their next project may be, assuming it's not another Netflix Witcher character, in my case, at least. If they wanted to crib from another streaming service & do the Rocinante crew from The Expanse, or something, I'd be down for that. For now, there's no rep, & no warm & fuzzies from the last cool thing, so it's on them to knock our socks off. Hopefully we have a verdict before season 4, at least.

Should be ready for release in a few days, so I'm guessing invoices will start going out this week or the next. Saw some new pics too the swords are diecast now and look very slick.
Thank you for keeping in touch with us here and updating when you can, despite the negativity. You are very much appreciated in this community!

Back