1/6 Threezero - The Witcher - Geralt (Season 3) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange how when isolated I think they got most of his features right, like his nose, his lips and chin but when you put it all together it just looks strange, I think the eyes and the long face are the main culprits.
Sculpt aside I agree with @SigitoSutasmano it's very nice to see a licensed figure bellow $200 in a market that's currently going insane with pricing.

It's strange how when isolated I think they got most of his features right, like his nose, his lips and chin but when you put it all together it just looks strange, I think the eyes and the long face are the main culprits.
Sculpt aside I agree with @SigitoSutasmano it's very nice to see a licensed figure bellow $200 in a market that's currently going insane with pricing.

I said this in the other thread:

I ALMOST could be swayed to believe they had stipulations in place to make a Witcher figure, not a Henry Cavill as Geralt figure. So they tip-toed around it. Because 3Z is honestly capable of some pretty snazzy sculpts.

But in reality it's just a C- grade sculpt. It reminds me of a KO one you'd find on eBay.

I said this in the other thread:

I ALMOST could be swayed to believe they had stipulations in place to make a Witcher figure, not a Henry Cavill as Geralt figure. So they tip-toed around it. Because 3Z is honestly capable of some pretty snazzy sculpts.

But in reality it's just a C- grade sculpt. It reminds me of a KO one you'd find on eBay.
I think it's clearly meant to be Cavill and Threezero simply missed the mark.
They have a good foundation with the sculpt and in my opinion it does things better than both Buzztoys and Soosoo's sculpts but it being an official product with a licensed likeness just means people will be even more critical of it.
For what is worth I don't think any of them 100% capture Henry's likeness but at least with Buzz and Soosoo you can say they are stylized sculpts trying to tip-toe around the rights and likeness Threezero actually acquired.

I think it's clearly meant to be Cavill and Threezero simply missed the mark.
They have a good foundation with the sculpt and in my opinion it does things better than both Buzztoys and Soosoo's sculpts but it being an official product with a licensed likeness just means people will be even more critical of it.
For what is worth I don't think any of them 100% capture Henry's likeness but at least with Buzz and Soosoo you can say they are stylized sculpts trying to tip-toe around the rights and likeness Threezero actually acquired.
I agree 100%
This being a licensed product, It doesn't make sense to tip-toe around with the likeness, they're trying to sell the product not make you not want to buy it lol.

They didn't write henry cavill in the description... Maybe they weren't able to obtain the right for likness from him.

They didn't write henry cavill in the description... Maybe they weren't able to obtain the right for likness from him.
But it's clearly Henry, they don't need to write his name down, says Season 3 where he is playing the character. If that was a case they would do a random face like Hot Toys did with the Flash Affleck Batman. I think the sculpt isn't bad, paint is bad. Flat and cartoonish. Eyes definitely need a biggest modification.

But it's clearly Henry, they don't need to write his name down, says Season 3 where he is playing the character. If that was a case they would do a random face like Hot Toys did with the Flash Affleck Batman. I think the sculpt isn't bad, paint is bad. Flat and cartoonish. Eyes definitely need a biggest modification.
Even the body proportion are wrong like the buzztoys one... I prefer the much muscolar soosoo...
I found out in threezero website they don't write the actor name even in stranger things or the walking dead figures.
I think they can improve this because they do pretty nice work like stranger things or walking dead.

Even the body proportion are wrong like the buzztoys one... I prefer the much muscolar soosoo...
I found out in threezero website they don't write the actor name even in stranger things or the walking dead figures.
I think they can improve this because they do pretty nice work like stranger things or walking dead.
Agreed, from these three I think Soo Soo one looks the best, while sculpt doesn't look greatest either, overall proportions look most accurate. I absolutely love Buzztoys version as well but his body definitely should be thicker. Threezero figure has a lot of potential and I hope they'll improve at least the paint and his eyes. Outfit looks great imo.

Eh I think the likeness is strong enough, it's just a very soft sculpt for some reason. But I couldn't even get through the third season so this is an easy pass for me.

I'll get it because Henry as geralt was great. Plus this had to be my favorite outfit between the three he wore in the series. I'll at least own all three outfits in figure form.

This figure looks mediocre, and that seems to be par for the course for Threezero. And that is such a disappointment. I remember when they announced Tyrion and although it wasn't the best looking 1/6 figure in the world at the time it looked good, specially for a new line. I had hope that with time they would develop their abilities and one day reach the "HT level". But it really seems that they didn't evolve their craft. Their figures are always stuck on "good enough", they never wow. It's a bummer that the company is either incapable of getting better or simple satisfied with their output.

Back