Brandon Routh Superman figure from SooSooToys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some already went to work on this and looks pretty good! Sad thing is, Jaxon has time to make a custom cape for a figure that just released and send it to someone right away, yet he has tons of outstanding orders for regular folks he has yet to fulfill.

Some already went to work on this and looks pretty good! Sad thing is, Jaxon has time to make a custom cape for a figure that just released and send it to someone right away, yet he has tons of outstanding orders for regular folks he has yet to fulfill.

I dont have any social media ,anyone able to tell me what this guy did and which body he used if he went that way
cheers

I dont have any social media ,anyone able to tell me what this guy did and which body he used if he went that way
cheers
He doesn’t say. Just says “body modification and repainted by me”

A lot of these custom artists never go into detail like if they’re trade secrets. They want you to pay for their services rather than tell you what they did. Like one guy was asked what he did to mod a Civil War Cap and all he said was “I moved around the foam” :LOL:

Last edited:

A lot of these custom artists never go into detail like if they’re trade secrets. They want you to pay for their services rather than tell you what they did. Like one guy was asked what he did to mod a Civil War cap and all he said was “I moved around the foam” :LOL:
lol oh okay ,un helpful but understandable i suppose lol

could you post the picture so i can enlarge it and get a better look at it cheers

A lot of these custom artists never go into detail like if they’re trade secrets. They want you to pay for their services rather than tell you what they did. Like one guy was asked what he did to mod a Civil War cap and all he said was “I moved around the foam” :LOL:
In the FB group SOOSOO Fans, he does say what bodies he used - the TTM 20, + BvS and Knightmare Batman. As for what parts and what went where, he doesn't say.

In the FB group SOOSOO Fans, he does say what bodies he used - the TTM 20, + BvS and Knightmare Batman. As for what parts and what went where, he doesn't say.
@LIBBY1957DOG there’s your answer

@AssassinHood thank you. Now that it’s been said, the upper body is definitely the TTM20 and the legs are potentially BvS Batman. However, from the pic, the legs look slimmer than the BvS Batman so they could be from the JL Batman (regular suit, not armored) as that body has slightly thinner legs than the BvS Batman.

@LIBBY1957DOG there’s your answer

@AssassinHood thank you. Odd that he freely says in the Facebook group but tends to be tight lipped on his own IG page when it comes to the mods. Now that it’s been said, the upper body is definitely the TTM20 and the legs are potentially BvS Batman. However, from the pic, the legs look slimmer than the BvS Batman so they could be from the JL Batman (regular suit, not armored) as that body has slightly thinner legs than the BvS Batman.
That sounds likely tbh. Great detective work! I do think JL Batman has slimmer thighs (he's slimmer in general, no?). I wonder where the Knightmare suit plays in to it all.

I'm more curious in the painting process and what paint he used. Some sort of fabric paint? Dye?

That sounds likely tbh. Great detective work! I do think JL Batman has slimmer thighs (he's slimmer in general, no?). I wonder where the Knightmare suit plays in to it all.

I'm more curious in the painting process and what paint he used. Some sort of fabric paint? Dye?
Ahh I didn’t catch the nightmare Batman part. That is probably the arms I assume as it has fuller biceps than the TTM20.

As for painting the suit. You can use thinned fabric paint, though I think customizers tend to use thinned acrylics. I use thinned Angelus leather paint as it has a deeper pigment, doesn’t clump up and is pretty resistant to wear

Last edited:
Ahh I didn’t catch the nightmare Batman part. That is probably the arms I assume as it has fuller biceps than the TTM20.

As for painting the suit. You can use thinned fabric paint, though I think customizers tend to use thinned acrylics. I use thinned Angelus leather paint as it has a deeper pigment, doesn’t clump up and is pretty resistant to wear
I didn't think acrylics would work on fabric, that's really cool.

Do you seal your leather paint afterwards with anything or just paint and that's that?

I didn't think acrylics would work on fabric, that's really cool.

Do you seal your leather paint afterwards with anything or just paint and that's that?
No, I would only seal it if I was actually using it on leather/pleather b/c if not, it will probably peel off. But using it on fabric, it will just soak into it. Sort of like dying the fabric since you really thin it down, but you don’t have dip the whole thing pontentially messing up parts like say the S symbol on this one. More control which is why I prefer to go that route, though it’s a little more tedious and time consuming.

As for regular acrylics, it works just fine if you take your time with the proper paint consistency. It’s what I used when repainting my MoS Superman suit and fixing the pretty universal glue stain at the collar on the BvS Superman suit b/c at the time I wasn’t aware of the Angelus paints yet.

I’m sure there are other methods, but this is what works for me.

Last edited:
Here is another body swap from FB.
They used a Hot Toys Superman body and boots with a custom cape.
1667634124178.jpeg

1667634313065.jpeg

1667634335849.jpeg

Maybe he knew this would get him more future work so he made it a priority.

Back