Brandon Routh Superman figure from SooSooToys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you. Soosoo toys needs to stop using those garbage ass bodies. They can make their own if they have to, if hot toys can make their own bodies so can soosoo toys. Some of their head sculpts (like this one) look really good but then they use what is the worst 1/6 scale body in this hobby for their figures.

I know a body swap is possible but I’m too lazy to do that. Their black suit daredevil had the same trash body and I really wish I did a body swap instead of selling it but oh well.
The Daredevil body isn't the same as this one. That body was a KO of the HT Bane body. Still wrong for Charlie Cox DD but not the same as the one used here for Superman. The one used here (and Omni-Man) is the Worldbox AT027 with an applied ab piece.

the body's not the best by any metric but can be balanced out to look more pleasing .well to my eyes at least lol
with just a little padding to give him that sort of dad bod that he sort of had in the show lol

the likeness also seems to be on point

I thought so too until I saw Waruna's recent 1/4 scale sculpt of Superman Returns Routh and that thing is incredible.
WW Superman Returns Sculpt.jpg

Swapped it with TTM20 and glued pieces of foam on the shoulders and...wings? Lats? Anyway, had to make him look a bit more “girthy”.

95286A59-9849-44DE-ABEB-DA1DAF44D24A.jpeg

In terms of articulation, it’s MUCH better. And I like that it has a slimmer neck because the neck on the stock body was too wide.

Still a work in progress. his torso is slightly shorter and I don’t know what to do about that. But for now I feel it’s a little better than before.

Not satisfied with the TTM20, I said screw it and stripped JL Batman and used that body instead.

EA45E887-BFFC-4C96-B0E8-8FABE0C10A00.jpeg

This is way better IMO.

Used the neck/chest rubber/silicone add on from TTM20 with foam glued to the wings.

This Superman figure cost me more than MSRP.

Soosootoys failed this figure in the body department....

And boots.

But the outfit and portrait are pretty good.

So I pretty much bought this figure just for the outfit and HS.

Yay.

Still need to tweak some things however. I think his ankles could use JUST A WEE BIT extra length (longer pegs) and his head is held onto rolled up foam...I just can’t find a longer neck connector that I’m sure is somewhere in my basement.

So, I’m 90% there.

I’m leaning on skipping a review on this...

It was a joke, but I actually think that shows how close they are :LOL:

But hey, we’re all different, see different and like what we like :duff

Last edited:
It was a joke, but I actually think that shows how close they are :LOL:

But hey, we’re all different, see different and like what we like :duff
I think the main issue is that Routh has quite a boyish quality to him in SR, he was pretty young. This sculpt has emphasised some features to be more masculine than he actually was. The jaw is larger and the eyes smaller, so it has a look of him but ultimately, for me anyway, falls short. Not to take away from the artist, he does amazing work, I actually have his 1/6 Routh in my collection and I think it's more accurate to the look of Routh at the time Superman Returns came out.

I think the main issue is that Routh has quite a boyish quality to him in SR, he was pretty young. This sculpt has emphasised some features to be more masculine than he actually was. The jaw is larger and the eyes smaller, so it has a look of him but ultimately, for me anyway, falls short. Not to take away from the artist, he does amazing work, I actually have his 1/6 Routh in my collection and I think it's more accurate to the look of Routh at the time Superman Returns came out.
No worries. Not asking you to justify not liking the sculpt. I like it the most, you don't and that a-ok (y)

For what it's worth, I also have each 1/6 version that Waruna has made and feel this 1/4 version is the better likeness. But again, we all see things differently, so no big deal if we don't agree about the likeness of his latest version.

No worries. Not asking you to justify not liking the sculpt. I like it the most, you don't and that a-ok (y)
I'm sure you weren't asking me to justify my opinion on the sculpt but I was offerering a critique on what I think are it's main areas where it doesn't achieve it's goal. It's not really a case of liking or disliking it, the question is does it look like the subject, I think it doesn't, If you see Routh more power to you.

I stand by my comment.
XyDEZQl.jpg
I'm with you there - I don't think it looks anything like Routh, and the SooSoo Toys one is definitely a better likeness.
It would be a fantastic comic headsculpt though as the quality is top notch.

Got him today, my first Soo Soo figure and I need to say I'm very much impressed, very clean work. Nothing is wonky, everything is on point. Also body looks fine in person, he doesn't photograph well tho. Hugeass figure. Absolutely in love. Kinda worried about boots, Idk how they'll age.

Got him today, my first Soo Soo figure and I need to say I'm very much impressed, very clean work. Nothing is wonky, everything is on point. Also body looks fine in person, he doesn't photograph well tho. Hugeass figure. Absolutely in love. Kinda worried about boots, Idk how they'll age.
Are the boots pleather? Never really heard this specifically addressed and have always been a bit worried/ curios.

Well… that is certainly a downer. I don’t know why companiens continue to cling to this medium. Universally hated by collectors. Some many proven, better options. In this case a split cut molded boot would have been much better. Oh, well… I guess I’ll see it in hand shortly.

The boots are easily the worst part of this figure. Someone needs to make a better option, but in the mean time I’m going to use a pair of MoS boots as they look pretty good with him. Hopefully Tony Mei releases a cape for him as well.

Back