[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

Inside of the mask will not be painted. Andy made mention of that pretty early in Production as to avoid paint rub on the face. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I am well aware of that.. :) but i got some case where the paint transferred/got sticky to another surface that is in contact during long period. So just making sure that this will be safe if I put the mask on for a long period. Having the inside of the mask unpainted will definitely reduce that possibility, I am sure.

Ok here goes...
3341354a8f63d0fd72543a81bb49bd62.jpg
c7e1c4792e88c586eafab2f43dbaa6d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wonderful!!

Yes, I am well aware of that.. :) but i got some case where the paint transferred/got sticky to another surface that is in contact during long period. So just making sure that this will be safe if I put the mask on for a long period. Having the inside of the mask unpainted will definitely reduce that possibility, I am sure.

Wonderful!!
That looks spot on, great work.
Thank you. I have to admit I do think it looks better
And this is the result of people producing constructive criticism to achieve perfection!

I think it turned out great Andy and I'm glad I could help [emoji4]

Thanks to these guys for pointing it out now we can say we really do have the perfect Hannibal Mask! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji95][emoji95] [emoji817]

And this is the result of people producing constructive criticism to achieve perfection!

I think it turned out great Andy and I'm glad I could help [emoji4]

Thanks to these guys for pointing it out now we can say we really do have the perfect Hannibal Mask! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji95][emoji95] [emoji817]

Exactly. Constructive criticism caused me to make several changes right off the built. This just pushes that inch further and it's awesome.

Here are the two photos I think that showcase we got this right.... screenshot followed by my mask. I didn't get the angle perfect but, damn, it looks just right, I think.

2jvNPwz.jpg

7pD7d1w.jpg

Exactly. Constructive criticism caused me to make several changes right off the built. This just pushes that inch further and it's awesome.

Here are the two photos I think that showcase we got this right.... screenshot followed by my mask. I didn't get the angle perfect but, damn, it looks just right, I think.

2jvNPwz.jpg

7pD7d1w.jpg
Yeah man you did it! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I did not think there were two holes at the nostrils, but was told that there were. Thank you for those images because that's exactly how I thought they were; not actual holes.

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

All currently produced masks are updated with the proper nostrils.
80db49652c63c843cfdabc8df29b9977.jpg

Proper Nostrils. :rock

Thanks so much guys and Andy for your efforts to make this an UNDISPUTABLE film-accurate mask.

With this we can basically have a museum piece. Can't wait to get mine.

Proper Nostrils. :rock

Thanks so much guys and Andy for your efforts to make this an UNDISPUTABLE film-accurate mask.

With this we can basically have a museum piece. Can't wait to get mine.
No problem! I love the collaboration.

Still taking orders, folks, in case you were interested. Let me know if you have any questions.

Amazing update Andy! It's great to see someone take constructive feedback and be able to create something this amazing. This is a prime example of how this can be a wonderful community at times.

Well...first of all I apologize about the terrible quality of these photos as they do this figure no justice. I received this figure this morning and loved everything about this Hannibal Lecter besides the fact that he looked pretty bad when trying to pose him seated in the chair, which at first was a terrible disappointment as this is the only way I want to pose this figure...until I figured out that by bending the legs far in and pointing the shoes downward that now he sits on the chair very nicely. From the side one can see how his arms do not touch on one side, however in person this is not noticeable at all and I am happy. :)It is not perfect but this figure still looks pretty phenomenal. I cannot wait until I receive the straight jacket version. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3040.jpg
    IMG_3040.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3042.jpg
    IMG_3042.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Looks good, yeah, I've seen a few pics and videos with his posed like that. It works. I may try to pose him leaning forward on the chair.

Looks good, yeah, I've seen a few pics and videos with his posed like that. It works. I may try to pose him leaning forward on the chair.

Yes...so far I've only messed around with this figure for about 20 minutes or so...but I will try and get him more leaning forward on the chair as this is how he looked in the movie. This is going to look incredible once I get him in a decent display stand.

Also...I may look into getting a face repaint to give him more life. I saw a post on a member who repainted their's and it looked incredible...however they said to not even pm them to ask if they will do a repaint on someone else's...anyone know of any good artists on this forum that I could get in touch with in order to have a decent face repaint? Thanks in advance.

JUst placed an order. :) I hope I am not too late on placing this order as this mask looks really great.

EDIT: Just got word from DoggieDocDesigns and my order went through. :cool:

I am glad I decided to start collecting 1/6 scale figures again...I almost forgot how much fun all of this is. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on those who are getting doggies mask. Andy does amazing work and this looks to be the most accurate ever. If it were not for my real fiberglass and metal beautiful Robbie mask is have got one too. Simply can’t be stuck with the horrible thing BW gave us.

Modding the Chair for the Prison White Uniform. Was tired of having my Lecter on the edge of his chair so decided to do something about it.

Since there really is no way of taking it apart without ruining the paint job I decided to go through the bottom. I took Dremel to the bottom of the legs and bored out a hole that allowed me to get to the screw holding the chair together. I then cut down the post. Then widen the hole to the legs so they would fit flush. This mod will eliminate the silver part of the chair all together. The tricky part was putting the screw back in with the “floating” plastic washer that is in the base. I elected for a longer screw of the same girth to make it easier to put back together. Once screwed back together the chair retains all its original movement. I then popped out all the castors and again used my dremel to widen the holes so every castor now sits flush. You can either glue these in place but I only dremeled out enough for them to fit flush so they still turn and are tight enough as a friction joint that they don’t fall out. Finally I took a piece of a wooden dowel rod, rounded the end with some sand paper and painted it black to fit into the hole I made to get to the screw. After doing all the mods it lowered the chair just shy of an inch which now allows my Hannibal to sit with his back fully against the chair and with only a slight dip of his toes his feet touch the ground. I might add some ankle extensions to give him the little extra length for his feet to be completely flush, but as for now I’m finally happy with this set up.

Pretty easy mod if you take your time. The screw post part was the only time I started cussing Blitzway. Best part the only mod point seen is at the very bottom of the chair which can be hidden with a dowel rod if so inclined.

Take care - Jase

e12aec3579bdfe1a4954e44602192b4f.jpg
f81e6379fac0b27839076d029e0c9052.jpg
7f5eb570e0e1888856d884a3e11fbf01.jpg
3c8ec6d9b121b6f6139265aeb7f5cda5.jpg
d393df0c4cad551a24aaad350eccb253.jpg
0792034c784255a5728b0a4e49559b36.jpg
7774ee0682b557703772608cede24bf3.jpg
258567cd026c382e7a2322e7136484af.jpg
ec193b600f793a2ab31df8b77966fbec.jpg
825f2ef702d6e206c916c823e9bb5c47.jpg
f3cd4c6ea23e331301c49f8c1f8d451a.jpg