[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Whatcha making?

Improving my Lecter custom, right now I have the SW Ourworld head on an HT Narrow Shoulder TT with the SW Ourworld jumpsuit. As you see, the body is too tall and bulky, the sleeves end up too short and overall he looks taller than Hopkins. I'm thinking a Sideshow Pro body from the early days would do best, it was shorter, Slim TT's go for crazy money now.

Hannibal.jpg

I'm also keeping my eyes out for a Blitzway mouth shut head to upgrade to as well.

Yeah, I’m torn. On one hand, Hopkins is Mark Hamill height so a padded slim seems appropriate but I feel it might diminish his shelf presence. I thought about using an extra Ourworld Lecter pant legs to make longer sleeves for one jumpsuit rather than customize the body.

The size reduction wouldn't really hurt it's presence, Lecter in his most classic costume, looking like Hopkins, stand outs regardless. Even ignoring the sleeves, I look at my custom now and think he looks too tall, it actually hurts his shelf presence when so many other pieces around him look spot on.

Improving my Lecter custom, right now I have the SW Ourworld head on an HT Narrow Shoulder TT with the SW Ourworld jumpsuit. As you see, the body is too tall and bulky, the sleeves end up too short and overall he looks taller than Hopkins. I'm thinking a Sideshow Pro body from the early days would do best, it was shorter, Slim TT's go for crazy money now.

View attachment 439498

I'm also keeping my eyes out for a Blitzway mouth shut head to upgrade to as well.
This is the look I'm going for as well. I'm still waiting to get that Our World version in the mail before I know what I need to work on. I have the first Our World figure as well. I'll be swapping the head on to the 2.0 for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is indeed a difference. Thanks for the pics. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts about the proper body/height, Ray.

Yeah that's pretty crappy, it explains all the differences of opinions and that you guys aren't crazy lol

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

Are they selling heads only?How much?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Are they selling heads only?How much?

Places like Toy Anxiety part these figures out. TA sold the head for $70.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Why I always miss those moments? At first it was did Moore, now that one...Is there some system how to catch right moment?

I was on the lookout for this one, so I was checking constantly once I knew American retailers got them in.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Guys I just picked up a second Blitzway Hannibal Strait Jacket version. So I will be using the body, padded suit, and the head sculpt as well as the shoes from it to complete my Blue Jumpsuit version. With that said I will be parting out the other items. Like the Gurney with straps, white t-shirt, Orange jump, Strait Jacket, wire cage mask, famous half mask, sign post, Blitzway stand, and even the box. I’ll have these up in my eBay store this week. If interested let me know if your needing anything for your customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 439498

Isn't the height on the SW figure about right? It's about 11.5 inches. Since he's standing still the articulation isn't the issue it's the build. He (Hopkins) filled out that jumpsuit pretty well. The shoulders are rounder and the torso is a bit "doughy." The fat suit on the figure goes down to the thighs and in real life they looked more baggy. The padding fills it in to much.

Back