[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The detail drop-off on the Ghostbusters sculpts was a little easier to take because the outfits and accessories are such an eye grabbing part of the figures. With this guy the sculpt feels way more important especially on the more basic white version and it's coming up short.

Luckily my brother cancelled his PO cause this looks shocking! Debating on cancelling my Godfather statue if this is the quality they are now putting out. :slap

Ghostbusters had some QC issue's but the drop of quality wasn't bad at all and overall was really happy with the set. But this just wow shocking! I still see people arguing it's lighting at this point it you can't even argue that.... it looks like the knock off :slap

Last edited:
Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

Man that review sucks....

Maybe take it out of the box?
LOL

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I didnt PO him, mainly because I am done with PO in general.....

I really want to support BW, but this looks like something I will pick
Up down the road on discount....

I had the 1/12 gurney version in my collection, and I think with the mask on it will fit the bill.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Somehow, the kneejerk reactions always surprise me.

It shouldn't ... because they happen every time ... but they still do.

Fickle.

I think it's just people that didn't really want it anyway, they just pre-order to get that validation. Then cancel afterwards, leaving their retailer to foot the bill ... nice work, folks.

Well, I am one of those who really wants it, and even with the disappointing paintjob, the figure has stellar sculpt. That's why I'm keeping it.
I know it will cost more to do a repaint, but look at the awesome result of it on this awesome sculpt:

48414738_2183177588668731_2344971226432143360_n.jpg

I think it's just people that didn't really want it anyway, they just pre-order to get that validation. Then cancel afterwards, leaving their retailer to foot the bill ... nice work, folks.

That seems like a wierd thought, I think that's just your imagination. I think it's just as everyone says it is. Also, in a large number of cases (the majority of sites that I have ever seen) it's a non refundable deposit; so the retailer can either cancel the order with the supplier or keep the deposit money and still get it in\sell it.

Sticking w the dolly dollie, getting it for $240 shipped. Also reserving judgement until I see a hi-res video review, don't trust bad lighting and lens distortion, half of these pics seem to have an upright melon head. First Durden pics were just as bad. Anyway the dolly dollie w mask is what I want to display.

IF in hand I'm disappointed, I will consider a repaint because the sculpt is excellent but can't blame anyone for being bummed about HAVING to do a repaint.

48246057_10155675071106010_5060608309581578240_n.jpg48380580_10155675107461010_299763986839109632_n.jpg

Thank you to Phreakshow and SwedishHeat. Uploaded 2 more pics here.
The paint details are there but subtle. It's definitely better then threezero paint, but there is only so much you can capture with a camera phone.
Dark eyebags, skin texture, and hint of stubble is there but you need to really look. No bald spot painted in. Eyes do sparkle but to get that evil look you do need some lighting. Doesn't help that he is in all-white clothes. Makes it look a little bland, Blue jumpsuit would give it more visual flair.

Repaint will definitely make it better (doesn't it always?). I guess the chair being too high is the biggest fault of this. I'm fine with the price point as its a niche license and they did issue out a killer sculpt. Was expecting Threezero Daenerys level of bland, turned out way better.

To those who have this already, is the head and neck along the lines of a Hot Toys figure where head and neck are one piece attached to the body by a ball joint or is it something else?

Wondering if I could grab a head parted out and use it on my custom or if you need the body it comes with.

To those who have this already, is the head and neck along the lines of a Hot Toys figure where head and neck are one piece attached to the body by a ball joint or is it something else?

Wondering if I could grab a head parted out and use it on my custom or if you need the body it comes with.

Didn't pull it out the head, but should be just a standard ball joint.

The feet not touching while on the chair is really a fail on their part. Its funny, its semi-acknowledged even in the instruction manual. Reading it to see if there was a way to lower the chair, which I don't think you can. The picture in the booklet has him in a position that his feet is touching the ground but you see he is in a semi weird half squat position in order to achieve it. Suppose if the wheels were pulled off, it that would fix the problem.

Didn't pull it out the head, but should be just a standard ball joint.

The feet not touching while on the chair is really a fail on their part. Its funny, its semi-acknowledged even in the instruction manual. Reading it to see if there was a way to lower the chair, which I don't think you can. The picture in the booklet has him in a position that his feet is touching the ground but you see he is in a semi weird half squat position in order to achieve it. Suppose if the wheels were pulled off, it that would fix the problem.

Hmmm. That's super weird about the chair.
How about the magnetic hands.. does it have pretty good articulation in the shoulder area? can you rotate the hands in the plug area?

I was initially intrigued by the chair and white outfit, fingers crossed, as he seemed like a mad genius... but the realization of that proto leaves a lot to be desired.

The dolly version does seem like the better option now.

Back