Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fired off a quick message to Blitzway. They said the car doesn't have a wheel lock mechanism and helpfully advised me to place the car on a flat surface.. Thanks blitzway!

My Batmobile has the wheel chock screwed in, I'd settle for nothing less.

Reviewing the Blitzway site and see they updated this information:

Product Size : Approximately L 1160mm W 450mm H 500mm
Product Weight : Approximately 38 Kg (including Package)
Dimension (Shipping Box) : Approximately L 1450mm x W 690mm x H 630mm (Dimension and weight could be changed later.)
UPC : 8809321479050
Release : Apr, 2019

Wow, that's a 5-foot box.

Shipping costs are going to be nuts.

I can't quite decide which base I would like better under Ecto, either the red brick from the firehouse, or a shiny black tile...

Also, looking at that dirty chrome on the movie car, I wonder if any collector will be brave enough to weather up their Ecto to be more accurate? I usually don't hesitate to weather up my figures, but I think this is one time where I'll wait and see someone else try it first. :D

ghost_busters_4.jpg

12231853445_e0f794e2a3_b33.jpg

I can't quite decide which base I would like better under Ecto, either the red brick from the firehouse, or a shiny black tile...

Also, looking at that dirty chrome on the movie car, I wonder if any collector will be brave enough to weather up their Ecto to be more accurate? I usually don't hesitate to weather up my figures, but I think this is one time where I'll wait and see someone else try it first. :D

View attachment 448419

View attachment 448423

To be fair, it's near statistically impossible to find a spotless car unless it's kept in a museum. Weathering would make the model more grounded. Pun intended I guess.

I don't have any issue making mods to figures, but in this case, i would be inclined to leave well alone. Such is the exceptional cost and rarity of this piece, any mods would potentially harm it's future value.

I'm not worried about the future value since I'll never sell it, but agree that it should look just as good with or without weathering. I guess for me it might depend on what the car looks like in hand. If it comes off looking extra "plasticky" like a Barbie car then I might want to add that extra detail to compensate and give it some added realism. But hopefully that won't be required.

It's the Team's flagship car, it being cleaned and washed often makes sense. Just pretend they washed and waxed it recently lol.

lol! the very idea!.. washing.. the ecto 1?

The crew who modded the original car for the movie did the bare minimum just to get it running and for it to stay running until filming was over. they wouldn't have polished any chrome, which is plain to tell just by looking at it.. and from what they said when it was restored, there were underlying rust issues that were "probably present on the car when they first got it".

I won't be touching mine though, firstly, I can pretend the paint job looks brand spanking new because it was the day Ray re-sprayed it before setting out on their first call.. and who knows the "chrome" might age a bit. I have hot wheels cars where the plastic chrome has aged and looks more like real chrome over time.

speaking of mods though, I have noticed a few decals that can be made here and there. not many. but here is what my OCD sense noticed.

I found this gallery of Ecto 1 photos (bear in mind some are showing the car after it was restored and there is a few goofs with the roof rack)

https://www.lucasfrancisstudio.com/lfs/photos?album=17&gallery=295&nggpage=5

on this page you can see some decals on top of the grille strobes which aren't on the model. and also decals next to them as well. I never even noticed them in the film, but they are there if you look closely.

then you have the Force 4 XL stickers on the front and back lights.

lol! the very idea!.. washing.. the ecto 1?

The crew who modded the original car for the movie did the bare minimum just to get it running and for it to stay running until filming was over. they wouldn't have polished any chrome, which is plain to tell just by looking at it.. and from what they said when it was restored, there were underlying rust issues that were "probably present on the car when they first got it".

I won't be touching mine though, firstly, I can pretend the paint job looks brand spanking new because it was the day Ray re-sprayed it before setting out on their first call.. and who knows the "chrome" might age a bit. I have hot wheels cars where the plastic chrome has aged and looks more like real chrome over time.

:lol perfect

here's another decal.. remember the ERTL Ecto 1? remember it had this writing on the side, near the ladder? I was trying to find out if this writing can be seen, in the film, and its there, but its impossible to read. if you look at the car before restoration, sadly the writing is not legible. but something clearly was there. It didn't make a return when they restored the car, and its not on any other Ecto 1 model.

How ERTL were able to get this detail, when the rest of the model makes so many glaring mistakes is beyond me. even though the writing is too large on the model, it still there. but is the wording accurate?

Back