Bib Fortuna Priority Pre-Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Bid as a must have...What is Jabba without his lacky?? If you order Jabba I cant see how you could not order Bid.He may only be a secoundary character in the films, but he is very much apart of Jabba and the whole enviroment.IMO anyways.

carbo-fation said:
I wouldn't be too sure about it! Remember how Kit turned out? So you never knoe.

That's why I said "may"... :D

Kit's popularity didn't surprise me all that much to be honest. He's a fan-favorite Jedi character. He was also an early entry in the series (before we knew just how much money we'd be forking over to SSC!!)

This is why I think Bib may be underwhelming:

1) Many people consider the Hasbro Bib Fortuna to be a good figure already.

2) With Jabba and his setup costing so much and Leia Boushh on the horizon, that will be a lot of money coming around the same time...people may forgo the exclusive staff and try to save money by getting the regular edition at other retailers.

3) Without Jabba and his throne, Bib is a lackluster (dare I say BORING) background character whereas Kit is a JEDI (although his poseability apparently sucks...hopefully I'll find out today when the Kit my friend Mark is loaning me for review purposes arrives)

4) The Inclusive program may have lulled some into a lazier state of mind. We haven't had a SW PPO since Vader, and both Maul and Jabba were Inclusives. People may have gotten used to strolling in and ordering at their convenience.

Don't get me wrong...Bib looks incredible and kudos to Sideshow for making him so early in the line. But I just don't expect record sell-outs.

King Darkness said:
I see Bid as a must have...What is Jabba without his lacky?? If you order Jabba I cant see how you could not order Bid.He may only be a secoundary character in the films, but he is very much apart of Jabba and the whole enviroment.IMO anyways.

I had thought the same way, but I took one of SSC's shots of Bib and Jabba together, Photoshopped Bib out of the picture, and honestly it's still an impressive display (and IMO less cluttered).

2146_press08-001a.jpg

Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's why I said "may"... :D

3) Without Jabba and his throne, Bib is a lackluster (dare I say BORING) background character whereas Kit is a JEDI (although his poseability apparently sucks...hopefully I'll find out today when the Kit my friend Mark is loaning me for review purposes arrives)

This I agree with 100%..If I wasn't getting Jabba and throne, i would have no need for a Bib....

King Darkness said:
This I agree with 100%..If I wasn't getting Jabba and throne, i would have no need for a Bib....

Yeah, that's the only reason I'd get him. But I'm spending nearly $400 after shipping on Jabba and his expansions. Throwing another $55-60 in the mix is too much for me (and I suspect quite a few other collectors)...especially in light of Leia Boushh next week, which is drawing a better reaction than Bib.

Still, I guess we'll find out a few hours from now. :cool:

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I had thought the same way, but I took one of SSC's shots of Bib and Jabba together, Photoshopped Bib out of the picture, and honestly it's still an impressive display (and IMO less cluttered).

2146_press08-001a.jpg

Yeah I dont think, by any stretch of the imagination, you NEED Bid in the enviroment...Without him it cant look less impresive,theres not much that can distract from the awesomeness of it..But I do think he adds a little extra to the enviroment as a whole.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Yeah, that's the only reason I'd get him. But I'm spending nearly $400 after shipping on Jabba and his expansions. Throwing another $55-60 in the mix is too much for me (and I suspect quite a few other collectors)...especially in light of Leia Boushh next week, which is drawing a better reaction than Bib.

Still, I guess we'll find out a few hours from now. :cool:

Once payment time comes, I will make the ultimate dicision , but for now I will be ordering him.Its hard to say what all will be shipping at that time.Sideshow tends to want to ship alot of expensive things all at the same tme.

King Darkness said:
Yeah I dont think, by any stretch of the imagination, you NEED Bid in the enviroment...Without him it cant look less impresive,theres not much that can distract from the awesomeness of it..But I do think he adds a little extra to the enviroment as a whole.

Now that I look at the pic a little more, what makes me like it more without Bib is that Bib interrupts the "flow" of the display. Without Bib, it gently slopes upward along Jabba's form from left to right (sorta like those Cingular "signal bar" commercials). If you put Bib near the tail as the original pic had, it ruins the slope by starting out tall then sharply dropping into the original slope.

To me, that makes it look visually jarring and cluttered.

Wow...I really need to get a life... :lol :D :lol

King Darkness said:
Once payment time comes, I will make the ultimate dicision , but for now I will be ordering him.Its hard to say what all will be shipping at that time.Sideshow tends to want to ship alot of expensive things all at the same tme.

But it typically seems as though those expensive items are from various lines, so strictly SW collectors probably won't get hammered as bad.

I agree with not knowing what ships when. I'm fully expecting Jabba to experience AT LEAST ONE delay if not more.

King Darkness said:
I think we both do :lol ..

Well, I think the fact that we belong to a board with "Freaks" in the name was pretty much a dead giveaway (not to mentioned you and I have effectively hijacked this thread into a two-member conversation!!!)

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Well, I think the fact that we belong to a board with "Freaks" in the name was pretty much a dead giveaway (not to mentioned you and I have effectively hijacked this thread into a two-member conversation!!!)

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well, if no one else wants to chime in, its hardly our fault for the hyjack:lol Maybe the conversation was to far gone for any one to chime in though:D

Sith lord.. you know you are going to pre-order bib.. it a mind game.. he's trying to talk the rest of us out of it!!! :D :D :D :emperor

creature4000 said:
Sith lord.. you know you are going to pre-order bib.. it a mind game.. he's trying to talk the rest of us out of it!!! :D :D :D :emperor

LOL!! :lol

Nope, I really am passing on Bib. Leia...I might order her but that remains to be seen.

Money is still rather tight for my wife and I, so I've been limiting my pre-orders. In fact, I cancelled my Exclusive Edition Qui-Gon last week. I want to make sure I keep October thru February as open as possible because of Jabba and his expansion sets as well as the holidays (guess I should buy something for other people...:monkey2 )

Sith Lord 0498 said:
(guess I should buy something for other people...:monkey2 )

You must set priorities Sith Lord....other people should be buying you Sideshow stuff, not the other way around:lol

King Darkness said:
You must set priorities Sith Lord....other people should be buying you Sideshow stuff, not the other way around:lol

Y'know, that's exactly what I tried telling my wife!!!

Needless to say, the rest of the evening was very quiet... :D

Bib is a must have for me to complete the scene... but Leia I am passing on. There is only one Leia that belongs with Jabba and its not this one.

I'll be getting Bib. I didn't order Jabba, his throne room environment and creature pack to pass up Bib Fortuna.

I was wondering, how did Bib meet his demise in Jedi? In the expanded universe is it explained what happened to him? Are we left to assume he died when Jabba's sail barge blew up?

I will most definately be there, but since this is my first time I have a couple quick questions.

1: How hard is it to get onto the site when it starts?

2: How fast do these things usually sell out?

NSFolsom said:
I'll be getting Bib. I didn't order Jabba, his throne room environment and creature pack to pass up Bib Fortuna.

I was wondering, how did Bib meet his demise in Jedi? In the expanded universe is it explained what happened to him? Are we left to assume he died when Jabba's sail barge blew up?

Geek alert: He escaped on Jabba's personal skiff, went back to the palace to raid it and ended up getting his brain taken out by the B'omarr monks (the spider/brain in a jar things) and put in a spider walker/brain jar. He did eventually get a new twi-lek body and continued his evilness in the galaxy. That's all I know.

Back