**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abyss Water Tentacle just 6 years after ROTJ. Willow morphing Sorceress just 5 years after. We were surprisingly close to CG SW even back in the 80's, lol.

Oooh, don't forget the very first CGI character in Young Sherlock Holmes in 1985 -- the stain-glass Knight -- only 2 years after Jedi.

Not his best work.
Yeah, it's hard to picture that being incorporated into the OT. I say that because JW said he specifically requested to compose Obi-Wan's theme since he was the one main character that he didn't get to do one for and I just don't picture that what we got is what he would have done back in the day.

Yeah, it's hard to picture that being incorporated into the OT. I say that because JW said he specifically requested to compose Obi-Wan's theme since he was the one main character that he didn't get to do one for and I just don't picture that what we got is what he would have done back in the day.

It'd be interesting to learn what his approach was. The line we've all heard is he asked to do it because he never wrote any theme for Obi-Wan in all of his work. The question is, did he compose this theme to be one to represent the character from Episode 1 through Episode 6, or did he specifically craft only for his journey in this series.

In the context of this series, I think it's a great theme, but I agree, if it were meant to represent the hero of the PT and the sage of the OT as well, the sound isn't as fitting for those other stages of his life.

That's nepotism!!!
At least she gave a decent enough performance and had a small part.

Compared to this horrendous actor getting an entire Mando episode named after his character solely because his dad was in Ant-Man.

bobby-cannavale-and-his-son-jake-cannavale-broadway-opening-night-DHC0A1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep from RO to Kenobi Disney has continued to give Vader his most awesome moments since 1980. After the OT Lucas gave Vader a "cute" little nickname (Ani), "NOOOO!" etc., while Disney gave him a throne, a throne!

Yep. Again since 1980 Star Wars has always been give and take. Sure people can call out the TV quality feel for a number of scenes or the average music. But Obi-Wan also has:

1. Better acting than the OT and PT

2. Better writing than the PT

3. Better visual effects than the OT and PT

4. Ruthless Vader in his prime that we always wanted to see in the PT but never did

5. A greater focus on Legacy characters than what we got in the ST

6. A great tone befitting of the "Dark Times."

If you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater then go ahead but if you do that for all SW then all you're left with is theatrical SW and ESB.
1. Nope
2. Hell to the no
3. Not really no, scene composition is just not that good in OWK
4. Hmm, I see where you're coming from there
5. Maybe, but it's more ham-fisted than Harry Sullivan
6. Well they're certainly trying

(Disclaimer: the above are just my opinions and not meant to taken as facts)

Back