**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like 99.9% sure there's going to be lava. :lol
I think of this now whenever DV and Obi-Wan are mentioned together:

Vader_Obi-Wan Lava Lamp_2.jpg

Like this Kenobi show, a story that doesn't need to be told. Just more Disney + space filler. At least Andor probably won't directly contradict the original trilogy.
There are things in it that did need to be told IMO, stuff which - prior to seeing ROTS in 2005 - I assumed would be covered by the PT movies themselves.

Somewhere in that incoherent post there is the answer to my question.
You see it all as "hate" towards a character.
Like pulling teeth...
No I do not lol. I just told you but I guess you don’t want to listen. It’s ok to criticize a character for sucking but just hating a character because they are a woman a different race or just being there is silly. I said I don’t get the hate for her when she’s not as bad as some of the other characters like the st cast. I don’t know what you aren’t getting. It’s really not that hard to understand

The Owen Lars/Obi-Wan stuff.

I wouldn't quarrel with those interactions. But the Reva/Inquisitor stuff is garbage, the Leia stuff is kinda ridiculous, and we all know the Vader/Kenobi confrontations never happened. I don't think the few good parts warrant the sum.

It's solidified for me now, this show is garbage. Its worst crime being that it's BORING! How have they made this show so dull? Even a Vader and Obi-Wan showdown was anti-climactic and dull. The one good bit, Vader burning Obi-Wan, shows how far he's fallen, and I really enjoyed how that played out for the short time that it did, wasn't expecting it... but then he turns stupid. No longer can he use the force to stop a robot slowly carry Obi-Wan away (whilst 4 stormtroopers hilariously miss every shot), yet yeeted people left and right all over the place on the way there. Some flames literally put up a force wall. He wasn't even able to quell the flames, I half expected him to walk through them like 'you think small fires can stop me? ***** please!'.

What is this show? What's the point of it? It adds nothing of interest. I wanted to like it so much and I felt annoyed after the first episode that I didn't. I tend to just love and enjoy things without wanting or meaning to be critical. But then I realised slowly, but now definitively, that I shouldn't feel bad about not liking it.... because it literally offers nothing. Strip back the Star Wars fan nerd eyes of seeing Obi-Wan again and for a showdown with Vader, and actually looking at it objectively as if I had no emotional attachment to the characters or lore, and it's just ******* bad. The dialogue, the acting, the story, the editing, the writing, the production value, the lack of sincerity. It all feels like Disney has hired exactly everyone they wanted to let into the club just because they could, instead of asking what there is that these people are actually offering.

And then I stop and think am I now doing what old twonks were doing when I was a young kid adoring the prequels? And the answer is no. I love Rogue One and Madalorian, I'm not against new changes in Star Wars. And as much as I can vaguely understand why people dislike the prequels at the time at least in these films you can see heart and sincerity, and exploring new lore etc. What does this show offer? Hardly anything, unless you like 10 year old sassy idiots powerslide and outrun an old bassist and almost die falling off the roof.

Bring on Ando. That will be the show I looked forward to the least that turns out to be a sleeper hit, and that will be epic. Ando, being a better show than Obi-Wan and Book of Boba.

they are following the same formula with old luke - shaken, brittle old jedi who lost their confidence and is spending their day doing boring chores to pass their time. By now they should know that fans are tired looking at this formula.

fans wanna see the eager, confident obi wan that were seen in eps 2 and 3! Picked up where they left off, just use to his jedi power again. Make no sense for him to look all scared when hes faced with a few stormys.
Probably one of the reasons this show isn't grabbing me. It's OK. Some good/great moments.

But just can't see Obi this broken down. IMO it makes no sense. Obi had been around a lot of government intrigue, lost the love of his life (who he couldn't have had anyway) and still did his duty. Obi-Wan had killed plenty. Lost Qui-Gon, lost Anakin.

But, he would have had time to ponder the "mysteries of the Force" e.g. something larger than himself. In that Yoda had flat out said the prophecy could have been misread, so that ultimately Anakin WILL balance the Force, in the form of Luke and Leia? So Obi had hope. A task, a duty. In his solitude, wouldn't he have sat around thinking about that conversation with Yoda and Mace Windu? Also Yoda taught him to commune with Qui-Gon, so he didn't bother all this time? Or Qui-Gon, is like, *leave a message at the tone*? :pfft:

I thought Obi-Wan would be sneaking around Tatooine, occasionally lending a quiet helping hand, and the denizens in this backwater by default wouldn't tell any authority figure anyway. Like the citizens of Navarro. And how do you "lose Jedi power" - this BS showed up in Mando too - if it's something you innately have? So what if Obi didn't use it often - he had been fully trained and used it for years. :pfft:(Like, if Rey has power along with broom boy - WTF)

Obi's depression IMO is overkill. But, whatever, it's OK, and Ewan IMO is stellar. Inquisitors are a snooze fest.:sleep
But I bet I end up getting an Obi-Wan fig anyway:p

I wouldn't quarrel with those interactions. But the Reva/Inquisitor stuff is garbage, the Leia stuff is kinda ridiculous, and we all know the Vader/Kenobi confrontations never happened. I don't think the few good parts warrant the sum.
Haven't seen the 3rd episode yet but yeah I fear that most of the Leia stuff is silly. I liked all her scenes before the kidnapping however, particularly the scene with Bail. Stuff like that, were it to have been contained in a better overall context, could have added emotion to the later destruction of Alderaan that was never really there before.

Last edited:
I’m not sure this needed to be made.
This Kenobi is too different from the prequels.ie bold and confident and certainly not like the version Guinness played of a serene and confident Jedi master.
The reasoning for any changes of personality haven’t been put forth in the script or verbalized. Some forum members have theorized PTSD or voluntarily closing one’s self off from the living Force as explanations but those are guesses.
Poor screen writing on this series.
Why the hell did Vader helplessly just watch the droid rescue Kenobi from the fire?! He couldn’t throw his ignited saber like a boomerang at it or force crush it as Luke did in Mando? No Force pushing the flames aside and walking through?
Stupid.

I liked seeing the Inquisitor base and the way they are snapping at each other now that the Grand Inquisitor is gone.

Obi better go through a force training montage real quick to gear up for round 2 with Anakin.

It's solidified for me now, this show is garbage. Its worst crime being that it's BORING! How have they made this show so dull? Even a Vader and Obi-Wan showdown was anti-climactic and dull. The one good bit, Vader burning Obi-Wan, shows how far he's fallen, and I really enjoyed how that played out for the short time that it did, wasn't expecting it... but then he turns stupid. No longer can he use the force to stop a robot slowly carry Obi-Wan away (whilst 4 stormtroopers hilariously miss every shot), yet yeeted people left and right all over the place on the way there. Some flames literally put up a force wall. He wasn't even able to quell the flames, I half expected him to walk through them like 'you think small fires can stop me? ***** please!'.

What is this show? What's the point of it? It adds nothing of interest. I wanted to like it so much and I felt annoyed after the first episode that I didn't. I tend to just love and enjoy things without wanting or meaning to be critical. But then I realised slowly, but now definitively, that I shouldn't feel bad about not liking it.... because it literally offers nothing. Strip back the Star Wars fan nerd eyes of seeing Obi-Wan again and for a showdown with Vader, and actually looking at it objectively as if I had no emotional attachment to the characters or lore, and it's just ******* bad. The dialogue, the acting, the story, the editing, the writing, the production value, the lack of sincerity. It all feels like Disney has hired exactly everyone they wanted to let into the club just because they could, instead of asking what there is that these people are actually offering.

And then I stop and think am I now doing what old twonks were doing when I was a young kid adoring the prequels? And the answer is no. I love Rogue One and Madalorian, I'm not against new changes in Star Wars. And as much as I can vaguely understand why people dislike the prequels at the time at least in these films you can see heart and sincerity, and exploring new lore etc. What does this show offer? Hardly anything, unless you like 10 year old sassy idiots powerslide and outrun an old bassist and almost die falling off the roof.

Bring on Ando. That will be the show I looked forward to the least that turns out to be a sleeper hit, and that will be epic. Ando, being a better show than Obi-Wan and Book of Boba.
Well IMO it's filler. Not necessarily a BAD thing, getting to spend more time with a loved character (except Boba, maybe). So far I'll give credit for coming up with something that works, considering any series like this is gonna be constrained by the PT and OT.

Because of that constraint - and even how Obi appears in Rebels - basically this is a series where you end up where you start, by default. Too bad the villains - except Vader - are so uninteresting. Wasted opportunity.

Forget pushing the flames aside and walking through, I felt like he should have walked through like a horror film villain.

How they didn't make this series a cat-and-mouse horror, Michael Myers-eqsue show of Vader hunting Obi-Wan down is beyond me. Cut the protection of Leia and Luke in such a direct way and have it personal, Vader and Obi-Wan. So much they could have done with this.

Someday soon, all this crap that has been raced out during a pandemic to prop up streaming services will be looked upon as trash -- the trash of 'quantity' to pull people into streaming habits.

Already, Netflix announced it will be focusing on quality with the money going to fewer projects.
If you agree that Mando S1/S2 are better than the PT and ST then your entire statement is null and void lol

I’m not sure this needed to be made.
This Kenobi is too different from the prequels.ie bold and confident and certainly not like the version Guinness played of a serene and confident Jedi master.
The reasoning for any changes of personality haven’t been put forth in the script or verbalized. Some forum members have theorized PTSD or voluntarily closing one’s self off from the living Force as explanations but those are guesses.

When they're trying to put across that he's out of practice in the force and the fact he hid his lightsaber in the desert that does suggest closing himself off from the force - problem is what happened to the training Yoda said he had for him at the end of ROTS? And can he be closed off from the force and yet still think he can talk to Qui-Gon?

Back