**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even in silly photoshops, I hate seeing that cackling witch that ruined Lucasfilm.

I can't believe there's never been a single mainstream news outlet that had the balls to write a piece on Kennedy and expose her for being the woman who destroyed Star Wars. In 10, 15, 20 years it'll just be common knowledge, but in current year, people are still too afraid to actually say what everyone already knows is true.

Except for angry youtubers, of course, but they don't count cause they're not "journalists."

We can look back now in hindsight and see that George wasn't really the magical visionary we once thought he was. He had a LOT of help. He was also clearly making up everything as he went along. And he also blacklisted his ex-wife for cheating on him, despite the fact that her editing is arguably one of the key factors that made Star Wars a success.

I just wonder if future generations will be able to see what a disaster this woman was to this once beloved franchise, or if she's so powerful she'll continue to control the narrative forever.

Even in silly photoshops, I hate seeing that cackling witch that ruined Lucasfilm.

I can't believe there's never been a single mainstream news outlet that had the balls to write a piece on Kennedy and expose her for being the woman who destroyed Star Wars. In 10, 15, 20 years it'll just be common knowledge, but in current year, people are still too afraid to actually say what everyone already knows is true.

Except for angry youtubers, of course, but they don't count cause they're not "journalists."

We can look back now in hindsight and see that George wasn't really the magical visionary we once thought he was. He had a LOT of help. He was also clearly making up everything as he went along. And he also blacklisted his ex-wife for cheating on him, despite the fact that her editing is arguably one of the key factors that made Star Wars a success.

I just wonder if future generations will be able to see what a disaster this woman was to this once beloved franchise, or if she's so powerful she'll continue to control the narrative forever.
That Variety article that came out today was uncharacteristically revealing. Lucasfilm got soooo lucky with baby Yoda, and the article reveals essentially that both Kennedy and Filoni were against that entire idea, but Favreau pushed it. I guess you can say that she was the one who tapped Favreau, so you got to give her kudos for that, but that's literally been the only good things she's done. If Mando hadn't hit, Star Wars would be in serious trouble as an IP right now.

The problem is not that the leaks come off “woke” sounding it’s that it just seems like a boring and generic hide and seek plot.

Shrugs shoulder and goes back to watching Old Republic cinematics in 8K.

So IF these totally awesome plot rumors are true, that means that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sounds pretty good so far!

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif

Reading it is a bit different from seeing it actually happen though.
So IF these totally awesome plot rumors are true, that means that

Spoiler Spoiler:
Kids, and humans, can suppress traumatic events pretty easily though. Not that I had a traumatic childhood but I don't really remember much from when I was 10 years old that I haven't had constant exposure to since.

Plus he only asks Obi-Wan "what is it?" before he holds it himself and activates it, and lightsabers all look pretty unique for the most part.

Absolutely

Spoiler Spoiler:

Reading it is a bit different from seeing it actually happen though.

Kids, and humans, can suppress traumatic events pretty easily though. Not that I had a traumatic childhood but I don't really remember much from when I was 10 years old that I haven't had constant exposure to since.

Plus he only asks Obi-Wan "what is it?" before he holds it himself and activates it, and lightsabers all look pretty unique for the most part.

Exactly, he says "what is it" when Obi-Wan is clutching something small, oscure and metal in his hands. Something not necessarily immediately recognisable as a Lightsaber to someone who;

Is not a Jedi
Doesn't regularly see Lightsabers
Was born in a time when the Jedi and Lightsabers were no longer commonplace and spread throughout the galaxy

You guys can justify this lazy nostalgia bait any way you want, if that's your "certain point of view."

Unfortunately for me, the vast endless possibilities of the Star Wars universe were pretty much ruined when George decided that Darth Vader built C-3PO and was also R2's owner and co-pilot and that Chewbacca was old pals with Yoda and pretty much everything revolved around the planet Tattooine, previously thought of as "the planet furthest from the bright center of the universe."

Favreau proved that you can tap into the potential of that big universe outside of the same 6 characters that are all directly related to Darth Vader.

Unfortunately, whoever is in charge of this schlock lacks that vision and creativity, so we just end up with more endless retcons and references.

Back