**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say there's only 5 good Star Wars movies:

Star Wars (re-titled A New Hope)
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One

And only 3 of those that I would be able to watch all the way through.
I agree. although I have more hate for AOTC and PM than should be allowed because of my age , and the age I was when seeing them.

People felt let down as adults seeing the ST, imagine my disgust at seeing the PT after decades of waiting for anything SW…then Yippee and fart jokes…..

Then you age a little more, and become forgiving and understand that nothing can do what SW could did for that 7 year old….and you begin to accept, warts and all, everything new….understanding its just entertainment.

Rogue One is a blast
Solo is a fun trip
Mando is a great weekly tribute
So the ST doesn't seem so awful, mostly a try hard typical corporate films.
Boba, is just another fun serial.

but you still cannot forgive AOTC…..
ever.

Based on the mildly cringe and cheap looking last trailer along with the latest leaks, it's likely we're going to see something similar in format and feel to "The Bad Batch". That show wasted the potential of it's title and characters and threw it's focus on the new strong female protagonist and her journey, pushing the namesake characters to the side to the point of being underdeveloped charatures. This will likely be the latest bait-and-switch in a line of them.

And if so, the saddest one of all. Not since Luke was emasculated, humiliated and had his importance to the saga pushed aside in TLJ have we been teased with legacy characters who likely will end up with the same fate.

I want so badly to be wrong.

Even if this is good there'll be people that hate on it just to hate on it, because they don't want to like it.

Even if this is good there'll be people that hate on it just to hate on it, because they don't want to like it.

This type of statement is generally untrue. If it is good people will like it. See The Mandalorian for reference. People that want to defend poor content and/or agenda driven content say stuff like this. Like the old tired and pathetic "no one hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans" bit.

87CE6EC2-D81F-4CBD-8C30-4F4D4901099B.gif

This type of statement is generally untrue. If it is good people will like it. See The Mandalorian for reference. People that want to defend poor content and/or agenda driven content say stuff like this. Like the old tired and pathetic "no one hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans" bit.
It's not though, if you don't like something and have your reasons for liking it then fair enough, who cares? But it seems like a lot of people are deadset on hating this even though it's not out yet, their opinion on it is already soured and I doubt there's much the show can do to change their minds :dunno.

People such as Critical Drinker come to mind, even if something is good as soon as there's a woman (even more so when its a POC) on screen doing more than shining the male leads boots it's automatically garbage, pandering and shoving a message down your throat. He's more or less already branded Thor Love and Thunder as a failer unless Jane Thor dies... to serve Thor... she's not even allowed to be an interesting character in her own right.

There are plenty of contrarians out there that just love to hate things. Plenty of people that hate on The Mandalorain too or just wont give it a chance, or they hate "Baby Yoda" just because it's popular and well recieved.

After these rumours, people fear a bait and switch. The new Inquisitor was a heavy presence in the trailers, which in a lot of people's minds confirms the rumours.
We're promised a Kenobi show but it might be more a Reva show.
That's bound to upset people. And this is Ewan's Obi-Wan. Beloved by fans.
With a poor track record over the last few years, a lot of fans have little faith in this series now.
If the rumours end up true, no matter how well its executed, a lot of people will write this show off.
Many fans are at the end of their patience with Disney Star Wars.
The Mandalorian won a lot of good will back after the devisive horror of the ST. BoBF ripped that good will away.
I'm coming to realise just how much damage BoBF has done to my own interest in Star Wars going forward.
Honestly, I think I'm done. I cancelled my D+ subscription. I won't be watching Kenobi. I no longer have any plans to watch Ashoka or season 3 of Mando.
I still have the PT, OT, TCW, Mando season 1 & 2 to rewatch and enjoy, but I'm done with new shows from Disney. I just have apathy towards Star Wars now.
I had to do the same with Trek. But there's a huge amount of brilliant Trek to enjoy, TOS all the way through to ENT.
I'm sure there'll be plenty of figure releases from the PT, OT and TCW to collect.
Having said all that, I genuinely hope this series is as great and loved as The Mandalorian. The fandom needs it to be.

Said NO ONE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap

I hope your comment was a joke.... :dunno

If not, you should be banned for life from posting in any Star Wars thread..... :rotfl
I'm being sarcastic...But going from how crap TBOB was, it wouldn't surprise me what they do with Vader

Crapping on the Prequels? GOOD
Crapping on Disney-era content? BAD

Make believe Mando S1/S2 was a commercial jet airliner full of happy SW fans on their way to SW Celebration and BOBF was a perfectly fired and very successful anti aircraft missile lol

Reading back through this thread, this strikes me as one of the most true - and one of the saddest - comments I have ever seen posted in these forums.

Yup, that's..... that is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Back