**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean Tatooine is barely in Episode III, barely in Episode VI, and not in Episode V at all. It is the home planet of Anakin and Luke Skywalker, so it's got to feature pretty prominently. When it does feature, it serves the story - discovery of the chosen one, Anakin returning to liberate his mother and experiencing the dark side, Luke starts his journey with Obi-Wan, Luke rescues Han from Jabba the Hutt.

If the main issue you have is that certain characters relate to Darth Vader, well, that's kind of the point. It's the rise and fall and rise again of Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one. His children and former master would always be destined to be part of the story. Apart from that, 90%+ of the characters are independent of him (as independent as you can be from what is initially a general in the Grand Army of the Republic and then the second in command of the ruling power of the galaxy).

Granted, making C-3PO and R2-D2 parts of Anakin's life and giving Chewbacca a prior relationship with Yoda may seem a tad unnecessary, but it's really quite a small, trivial issue that really doesn't do anything to the overall story at all. The galaxy is still shown to be plenty big and diverse enough in other ways through the countless other characters, species, vehicles, clans, planets, ships, tribes, armies, cultures, technologies etc. present in the OT, PT, the Clone Wars, Rebels etc.

I guess those things you raised just don't register for me or bother me in the way they appear to bother you 🤷‍♂️

Ultimately, these are brief summaries of episodes not yet aired. We will see.

I also don't see any retcons?

Darth Vader wasn't always a part of Lucasfilm's plans for an Episode III follow-up about a disgraced Obi-Wan Kenobi living in exile amongst the shifting dunes of Tatooine. But the idea of bringing the dreaded Sith Lord back into the galactic fold was wholeheartedly supported by The Mandalorian director Deborah Chow, who ended up helming all six episodes of the hotly-anticipated Obi-Wan limited series (premiering on Disney+ at the end of May).

Once the tantalizing allure of Vader's return started to take hold, the Disney-owned production banner known for cranking out Star Wars content had to contend with the difficult question of whether an encounter between former student and master might cheapen their eventual Death Star duel. "Would introducing Vader to a story about Obi-Wan’s exile detract from their fateful meeting on the Death Star in 1977’s Star Wars, when Vader strikes down his old friend?" posits Vanity Fair in a new article on the franchise's bright future on the small screen. "Or could a previously unknown encounter actually enhance that moment?"

As explained by Obi-Wan executive producer and Lucasfilm production executive Michelle Rejwan, the good folks behind the long-running sci-fi property are always engaging in "these what-if conversations 24/7." She continued: “It’s fun to, in your head, peruse the Star Wars toy store. ‘Oh, we could have this character, or feature that ship.’ But at the end of the day, we really need to keep it pure about why."

If you really wanted to stage a lightsaber mulligan between Obi-Wan and his corrupted student, however, there is enough wiggle room in Vader's Episode IV dialogue to imply that their Revenge of the Sith battle on Mustafar may not have been their most recent encounter.

For Chow — who, in addition to sitting in the director's chair, also occupies the dual roles of showrunner and executive producer — there was no point in telling this story without an acknowledgment of the brotherly bond Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor) once shared with Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). The sudden and tragic dissolution of their loving relationship sits at the heart of the main character's state of bitter regret 10 years after the fall of the Jedi Order.

“Across the prequels, through the original trilogy, there’s a love-story dynamic with these two that goes through the whole thing,” Chow added. “I felt like it was quite hard to not [include] the person who left Kenobi in such anguish in the series ... I don’t think he [Obi-Wan] ever will not care about him [Anakin]. What’s special about that relationship is that they loved each other."

“This is a character that has come to define my life in so many ways,” Christensen said of Vader. “I was originally hired to play a very specific portion of this person’s life. Most of my work was with Anakin. And now I get to come back and explore the character of Darth Vader ... A lot of my conversations with Deborah were about wanting to convey this feeling of strength, but also coupled with imprisonment. There is this power and vulnerability, and I think that’s an interesting space to explore."

I mean Tatooine is barely in Episode III, barely in Episode VI, and not in Episode V at all. It is the home planet of Anakin and Luke Skywalker, so it's got to feature pretty prominently. When it does feature, it serves the story - discovery of the chosen one, Anakin returning to liberate his mother and experiencing the dark side, Luke starts his journey with Obi-Wan, Luke rescues Han from Jabba the Hutt.

If the main issue you have is that certain characters relate to Darth Vader, well, that's kind of the point. It's the rise and fall and rise again of Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one. His children and former master would always be destined to be part of the story. Apart from that, 90%+ of the characters are independent of him (as independent as you can be from what is initially a general in the Grand Army of the Republic and then the second in command of the ruling power of the galaxy).

Granted, making C-3PO and R2-D2 parts of Anakin's life and giving Chewbacca a prior relationship with Yoda may seem a tad unnecessary, but it's really quite a small, trivial issue that really doesn't do anything to the overall story at all. The galaxy is still shown to be plenty big and diverse enough in other ways through the countless other characters, species, vehicles, clans, planets, ships, tribes, armies, cultures, technologies etc. present in the OT, PT, the Clone Wars, Rebels etc.

I guess those things you raised just don't register for me or bother me in the way they appear to bother you 🤷‍♂️

Ultimately, these are brief summaries of episodes not yet aired. We will see.

I also don't see any retcons?
Even if everything you just wrote was correct at those plot points being a non issue that spoiler still points to Bail being an imbecile and weakling.

Even if everything you just wrote was correct at those plot points being a non issue that spoiler still points to Bail being an imbecile and weakling.
His wife was probably banking on adoption not panning out because she knew he'd be ****** dad.

I hope he travels in the show like Mando did, that was one thing I liked about Mandalorian , he would go to other planets so the scenery and setting would change each episode

I went on the site and read the rest of the "supposed" episode plots (ep2-4, & ep5. Already read ep1).

If any truth/accuracy to these, Oh boy.... :slap But it definitely sounds like something the Mouse would do.

If Disney was still doing a Legends line, a line that was NOT cannon, this would sound pretty great. But the fact this is official cannon and takes place between EpIII & IV, it's dumb as crap..

Poor George.... :monkey2 At least if he was gone he wouldn't have to see the desecration of the universe he created.

The leaks/rumours aren't terrible, the show hopefully won't be BoBF tier. They don't sound amazing or exciting either. Just meh.
No matter. It's not me they need to win over, it's the fans that still watch this stuff they need to convince.
Perhaps it'll all be very well executed and well made/directed but with a so so story and that will be enough to keep fans on board with Disney Star Wars.

I had a thought on one of the main rumors that seems very likely real.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I had a thought on one of the main rumors that seems very likely real.

Spoiler Spoiler:

See, that's exactly the problem. When individuals/fans start "reinterpreting things" or rationalizing them to fit the narrative, the original works get lost. It's one thing when the original creator is gone. It's another when they are alive and well. But it's not like Lucas would ever come out and call BS. I'm sure he most likely legally can't.

Fans shouldn't have to defend this. Disney isn't doing this to honor Lucas' legacy of the original OT. It's simply to appease fans with nostalgia to make lots of $$$$$$. I think most people/fans that have watched ANH know full well the original intentions and meanings behind certain scenes and dialogue. It just proves that if Lucas isn't the one behind these new chapters, then they shouldn't be revisited.

Look at Amazon's new LOTR series. You find writers who decide they're perfectly capable of newly interpreting something to fit todays ideals that will make sense. And then exclaim that it was always meant to be taken that way...

Another example when the Russo's stated Cap was always worthy and could've lifted Mjolnir in AOU.. But he chose not to. That's utter and complete BS. They had nothing to do with that movie. Change the past to fit your story for today.

But... the story hasn't changed

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back