**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8ad893f2-b355-4eaf-8bb0-cde504f2c6e1_text.gif

Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader, Please don't screw up Vader!

Yeah I'm wondering how Vader is going to be treated in this series, i reckon a good way to go about it would be like Rogue One - only show so much but ooze with quality.

Yeah, Inquisitor chick looks soooo intimidating without her helmet. And that shouting voice was so scary. Sent shivers down my spine!! :panic:

Maybe all the Imperials just walk around Coruscant with them. Can't wait to see all the rando Stormtroopers having convos in the corner helmetless...

Better yet, can't wait to see all the scenes with Anakin. Vader walking around without his helmet. Gotta know its Hayden under that bucket... :slap

Trailer looks, good, but looks can be deceiving... As the great Obi-Wan once said, "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them". I do NOT trust this show or anything Disney!! :lol

Like the teaser, this new trailer didn't get me interested in the Kenobi show either. It's come to something when, as a Star Wars fan, you don't care about a Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

This might be the first Star Wars thing I skip.

I don't want to know what Obi-Wan was up to on Tatooine, I'd rather imagine that myself.

The thing that bothers me is that each new entry tries to do something new, but it doesn't tie in to OT or directly conflicts with it. Rogue One added U-Wings, but why did we not see any of those in the OT? Same with Death Troopers. Those would've been pretty handy to have in the OT. Why are there a bunch of Inquisitors in this new series, but they don't show up at all in the OT? It really seems to water down Vader to have a bunch of other red lighsaber wielding people out there.

I can ignore the videogames and animated stuff easily enough, but the live action stuff makes it much harder for my brain to handwave away as 'not canon'.

I would've been interested in Obi-Wan and his personal journey, a more introspective look at him and him dealing with the failing of the Jedi, but this seems to have a lot more action shoe-horned into it just for entertainment purposes.

This might be the first Star Wars thing I skip.

I don't want to know what Obi-Wan was up to on Tatooine, I'd rather imagine that myself.

The thing that bothers me is that each new entry tries to do something new, but it doesn't tie in to OT or directly conflicts with it. Rogue One added U-Wings, but why did we not see any of those in the OT? Same with Death Troopers. Those would've been pretty handy to have in the OT. Why are there a bunch of Inquisitors in this new series, but they don't show up at all in the OT? It really seems to water down Vader to have a bunch of other red lighsaber wielding people out there.

I can ignore the videogames and animated stuff easily enough, but the live action stuff makes it much harder for my brain to handwave away as 'not canon'.

I would've been interested in Obi-Wan and his personal journey, a more introspective look at him and him dealing with the failing of the Jedi, but this seems to have a lot more action shoe-horned into it just for entertainment purposes.
I'll be frank - it's just about money. Pretty clear across the board that just content is enough for Disney/Lucasfilm, not whether it is good or not. In a galaxy far, far away, Star Wars was good enough solely as movies.

Season cliffhanger... they meet, sabers ignite.... TO BE CONTINUED...
I'm thinking Vader will be chasing him down in space, about to get a targeting lock on him and Obi-Wan gets on his radio and says "You know Anakin, I was implying I had the MORAL high ground - I didn't mean I had a strategic advantage in combat". Vader will be like "Wait, WHAT?" and in that moment of hesitation Obi-Wan jumps to hyperspace. THE END.

Last edited:
I still think this is going to be excellent. Ewan is such a presence as Obi-Wan, it just feels very well done. So what if the inquisitors didn't translate perfectly from their animated versions? They went for practical effects and low CGI, similar to Bane in BoBF...which I also thought was fine.

If Obi-Wan, Vader, and Owen are cool in this series then I'll consider it a win. I'm already assuming that the Inquisitors will be lame so if that holds true no big as long as we get one or more awesome Vader/Kenobi moments.
Rupert Friend is the Grand Inquisitor and I really liked him in Homeland, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that character. However all bets are off with respect to the others. :lol

I actually look forward to this tbh. This could either suck or be good. I like the way the inquisitor girl seems to be relentless in catching obiwan. So maybe she will actually be the bad guy and not be a person whom is conflicted and the show is actually about her redemption.

Ok, i wanted a figure of Purge Trooper since Fallen Order. This might be the chance ...

Back