**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I found Obi-Wan enjoyable, I tend to agree. There just isn't that much story to squeeze out of the time frame knowing that he's on Tatooine watching Luke. That's essentially why the Leia thing was drawn out multiple episodes. If it had been a two hour movie, that could've been a quick rescue getting him off Tatooine and for the Vader confrontation. Confrontation should've been singular as the climax of the story without the half-fight in the middle. Ehhh, at the end of the day that last battle was pretty fun and we get a great HT Vader out of it so not all is lost.
Since you put it that way, I'm less cool with a 45 year old man stalking a 10 year old boy. No wonder owen didnt like him.

Disney's latest promotional reel came out today, the "behind the scenes" Obi Wan thing.

With every series, it becomes less and less about any actual behind the scenes process, and more just about manufacturing "emotion" that the audience is supposed to feel.

Remember the old "Making Of" specials from the 80s back on PBS? They were amazing. They showed us how the ILM wizards created all those wonderful shots. These Disney versions are just more calculated propaganda that delivers a cue every few minutes to indicate that the viewer is supposed to "feel" something.

Slow motion back-lit shots of Ewan McGregor watching Episode II with tears in his eyes. Footage of Ewan and Hayden hugging about eight times. That's garbage. People FEEL things about the original movies cause they meant stuff to us when we were kids. Disney can try and try and try to force us to feel something for their gross, sterile content, but it's never going to be the same.

We only get glimpses at the cool stuff in this hour-long snoozefest. Glimpses of Hayden in a full body "burned up" Anakin suit, which is only on screen for a few seconds. Why not take a few minutes to show that suit being designed and fabricated? No, it's way more important to show Deborah Chow awkwardly trying to look "awed" as she watches footage of Return of the Jedi for the millionth time.

And if you somehow managed to stand that, the explosion of cringe as the Celebration footage plays before the credits is too much. Watching grown adults sobbing like children cause the two actors from that movie they hated 20 years ago are now on a stage in front of them is nauseating.

Last edited:
Disney's latest promotional reel came out today, the "behind the scenes" Obi Wan thing.

With every series, it becomes less and less about any actual behind the scenes process, and more just about manufacturing "emotion" that the audience is supposed to feel.

Remember the old "Making Of" specials from the 80s back on PBS? They were amazing. They showed us how the ILM wizards created all those wonderful shots. These Disney versions are just more calculated propaganda that delivers a cue every few minutes to indicate that the viewer is supposed to "feel" something.

Slow motion back-lit shots of Ewan McGregor watching Episode II with tears in his eyes. Footage of Ewan and Hayden hugging about eight times. That's garbage. People FEEL things about the original movies cause they meant stuff to us when we were kids. Disney can try and try and try to force us to feel something for their gross, sterile content, but it's never going to be the same.

We only get glimpses at the cool stuff in this hour-long snoozefest. Glimpses of Hayden in a full body "burned up" Anakin suit, which is only on screen for a few seconds. Why not take a few minutes to show that suit being designed and fabricated? No, it's way more important to show Deborah Chow awkwardly trying to look "awed" as she watches footage of Return of the Jedi for the millionth time.

And if you somehow managed to stand that, the explosion of cringe as the Celebration footage plays before the credits is too much. Watching grown adults sobbing like children cause the two actors from that movie they hated 20 years ago are now on a stage in front of them is nauseating.
I want 300 hours of BTS stuff like the LotR. Gold standard.

Last edited:
I rewatched the third episode of the first season of Mando again, and I cannot fathom how the person who directed that terrific, engaging piece of SW entertainment is the same one who bought us this utter unwatchable crapfest that was Kenobi. Biggest disappointment of Disney+ SW.

I rewatched the third episode of the first season of Mando again, and I cannot fathom how the person who directed that terrific, engaging piece of SW entertainment is the same one who bought us this utter unwatchable crapfest that was Kenobi. Biggest disappointment of Disney+ SW.
Mando was Favreau's and Filoni's baby though so they were likely heavily involved in the writing and production. Kenobi had a more independent production and different writers.

I could have done without any face-to-face confrontation with Vader. That and the whole kid Leia plot is the rewriting of history that was kind of unnecessary.
I agree, Kenobi saw what Vader had become, how evil he was now, he saw him use the force to snap the necks of children. Pretty much tells Qui Gon one of them will die during their confrontation. Then he beats him, has a chance to kill him and walks away. ( I know he couldn't kill him because of continuity). This is where this scene made no sense and should've ended differently or not have happened at all. Kenobi had the chance to kill Vader right then and there, instead he leaves him and then years later he and Yoda try to convince Luke, that he has to kill Vader.

The fight should have ended with either Vader or Kenobi thinking the other had died. Hence the part when Tarkin tells Vader that he's sure Kenobi died a long time ago.

It's not so much the direction as it is the total lack of quality writing

32d30480ac5c2b35ec26cc943fcb16dbfe3a613d.gif
ad7cb5797fae342d0746d3d48db644330e42929b.gif

Hey guys....remember "Reva?"

Was that the world record for the least time it took for a "controversial" character that ignited fan outrage to be completely forgotten as if they never existed?

Hey guys....remember "Reva?"

Was that the world record for the least time it took for a "controversial" character that ignited fan outrage to be completely forgotten as if they never existed?
She and DJ could start a club. Remember DJ?

The prop makers got the colouring right yet the OWK production team couldn't be bothered to...

Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 2 Is Officially… Probably Not Happening

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy shared some disappointing news regarding the future of Obi-Wan Kenobi at Saturday’s Star Wars Celebration in London.
https://tvline.com/?post_type=pmc_l...-wan-kenobi-season-2-update-kathleen-kennedy/
Season 2 of the Disney+ series starring Ewan McGregor “is not an active development,” Kennedy told our sister site Variety, before adding, “But I never say never, because there’s always the possibility. That show was so well-received and [director] Deborah Chow did such a spectacular job. Ewan McGregor really wants to do another.

“Everybody’s all hands on deck with what we’re doing right now, as you can see by what we showed everybody [at the Celebration],” Kennedy continued. “We’ll turn our attention to that again maybe down the road.”

So much for any chance of redemption for this "well received show".

Back