**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was not better than BOBF. It manages to look even cheaper, it's poorly made and it wastes the talents of all the folks who were in the films. It has even more WTF moments and features new cast members who are either ill-prepared or badly directed or both.

It's right at the level of TROS. I'll never watch again.

I'll give Andor a go with low expectations, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up as done with SW as I am with Marvel. So sad and so insane that something that managed to go on so well for so many years ends up withering away in a vapid cloud of soulless agenda. RiP SW.

I'm actually thinking of skipping Andor, it's unbelievable how far Star Wars and Marvel content has fallen. If it weren't for Mandalorian season 3 on the horizon I would be out for sure.

So was this better or worse than Book of Boba Fett? Discount the Mando episodes as those don't count.
Kenobi has moments of greatness however overall it looked like a cheap fan film. It should have been a solid 2 hour film. Ewan deserved better.

Boba on the other hand gave us weeks of fun banter - hitting levels of 🤣 we can only dream of reaching again.

I gave up on that (Children's story) Book of Boba Fett in the middle of an episode and never picked it up again. Kenobi, I finished. Overall, I felt it was less than the sum of it's parts. McGregor's performance was about the best part of it in my opinion. There were certainly subplots and characters I could've done without. Despite running the risk of another Star Wars show set on Tatooine, I do think they could have adapted the Kenobi novel and it would have been satisfying without rewriting canon. That's just my two cents.

I gave up on that (Children's story) Book of Boba Fett in the middle of an episode and never picked it up again. Kenobi, I finished. Overall, I felt it was less than the sum of it's parts. McGregor's performance was about the best part of it in my opinion. There were certainly subplots and characters I could've done without. Despite running the risk of another Star Wars show set on Tatooine, I do think they could have adapted the Kenobi novel and it would have been satisfying without rewriting canon. That's just my two cents.
The best part of the show is the Darth Vader Hot Toys figure.

I could have done without any face-to-face confrontation with Vader. That and the whole kid Leia plot is the rewriting of history that was kind of unnecessary.

I still can't bring myself to watch this show. These YouTube videos are way more entertaining... :lol

I’ve long come to the conclusion Star Wars is dumb and, like Lucas said, for children. Vader made so many dumb choices in the original trilogy, and was beyond dumb in the prequels. We rolled with it.

This is the same guy who never found “Ben” Kenobi on the very planet he grew up on who watched over Luke SKYWALKER who lived with his stepbrother. Like, all it would take is Vader getting nostalgic to visit his mother’s home one day and everything would’ve fallen apart.

I hope that BOBF Season 2 pays homage to the movie Speed by having a bomb on Drash's Vespa set to explode if she goes slower than 5 mph. "Get out of the way, get out of the way!" (Tatooine residents casually gather their things and step out of her way, lol)

Impossible to accomplish when her vespa's top speed is 4mph. Those scenes were already sped up. She can always get more cybernetic implants from that guy when she blows up.

I just watched the 2.5 hour edit. It is indeed much better. I think Reva had a better arc there too. The editor did add some classic SW music there too but I felt it they were a bit overbearing at times (very soft dialog vs very loud music). I think if you are to watch this series, the 2.5h edit is the way to go.

298501057_5862519930446354_8599010580918769532_n.png

Ah Jaysus. Child Leia signing autographs.

Thank god
Even though I found Obi-Wan enjoyable, I tend to agree. There just isn't that much story to squeeze out of the time frame knowing that he's on Tatooine watching Luke. That's essentially why the Leia thing was drawn out multiple episodes. If it had been a two hour movie, that could've been a quick rescue getting him off Tatooine and for the Vader confrontation. Confrontation should've been singular as the climax of the story without the half-fight in the middle. Ehhh, at the end of the day that last battle was pretty fun and we get a great HT Vader out of it so not all is lost.

Back