**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
College isn't cheap. I've read actors/actresses can make bags of cash at conventions.
She's selling out!

J/K I think it's adorable.

Looks fun for the kid. Those adults though, queueing up for a 10 year old's signature :slap I walked past Femi Taylor because I thought getting her autograph was lame.

Yeah I'd feel pretty weird about it (and I'm not an autograph hunter anyway) but at the same time it must be a big deal to a 10 year old that adults would actually like to get her signature.

Yeah I'd feel pretty weird about it (and I'm not an autograph hunter anyway) but at the same time it must be a big deal to a 10 year old that adults would actually like to get her signature.
As someone who has enjoyed meeting a number of SW celebs (mostly at autograph tables) I can say that the fun isn't so much getting them to sign a piece of paper but rather the experience of interacting with them. Now I know that some people have horror stories where they meet someone having a bad day or moment and it becomes a "don't meet your heroes" situation but fortunately that's never been the case for me and some really fun moments have come out of those meetings.

Sharing memories about SW Topps trading cards with Mark Hamill, hearing which Boba Fett stuntman did what stunt at the Sarlacc Pit from Dickey Beer, having Anthony Daniels spontaneously say "such a desolate place this is" in his 3PO voice, geeking out with Ray Park about how much we both love GI Joe's Snake Eyes, lol. Stuff like that that over a decade later in some of these cases sticks with me to this day. And often times it's the second or third tier stars that are the most chatty because they have shorter lines of people and don't need to rush.

Hell I don't think I ever would have known that Denis Lawson has a Scottish accent had I not met him at Celebration 2017 (though that's on me, I mean I've known he's Ewan McGregor's uncle for years and years so duh do the math Khev, lol.)

Anyway, I see meeting celebs as no different than when you go to a play and then the actors do their current call and go out to the lobby where you can say hi, shake their hand, say great job or what have you before you head out. It's just a fun little interactive experience that allows you to engage them instead of having the experience of enjoying their work be so one-sided. I know many feel differently and have no desire for such interactions, but it's something that I've always thought was cool.

As someone who has enjoyed meeting a number of SW celebs (mostly at autograph tables) I can say that the fun isn't so much getting them to sign a piece of paper but rather the experience of interacting with them. Now I know that some people have horror stories where they meet someone having a bad day or moment and it becomes a "don't meet your heroes" situation but fortunately that's never been the case for me and some really fun moments have come out of those meetings.

Sharing memories about SW Topps trading cards with Mark Hamill, hearing which Boba Fett stuntman did what stunt at the Sarlacc Pit from Dickey Beer, having Anthony Daniels spontaneously say "such a desolate place this is" in his 3PO voice, geeking out with Ray Park about how much we both love GI Joe's Snake Eyes, lol. Stuff like that that over a decade later in some of these cases sticks with me to this day. And often times it's the second or third tier stars that are the most chatty because they have shorter lines of people and don't need to rush.

Hell I don't think I ever would have known that Denis Lawson has a Scottish accent had I not met him at Celebration 2017 (though that's on me, I mean I've known he's Ewan McGregor's uncle for years and years so duh do the math Khev, lol.)

Anyway, I see meeting celebs as no different than when you go to a play and then the actors do their current call and go out to the lobby where you can say hi, shake their hand, say great job or what have you before you head out. It's just a fun little interactive experience that allows you to engage them instead of having the experience of enjoying their work be so one-sided. I know many feel differently and have no desire for such interactions, but it's something that I've always thought was cool.
You could have explained all that without the name drops you know! :lol

But it's the names that made those moments so fun. :) And it's not like I was acting like they're my best friends or anything, I was just another fan who waited in line to meet them.
Can you go see Miss Blair and ask her why she can't run?

That will probably be more entertaining than the show itself. I rather enjoyed the ILM series they recently released.

Looks fun for the kid. Those adults though, queueing up for a 10 year old's signature :slap I walked past Femi Taylor because I thought getting her autograph was lame.

I have zero interest in Li'l Leia actor (or most actors for that matter). But I do hope she doesn't turn out like Jake Lloyd or Brian Bonsall.

Okay, okay, gotta admit it was cool hanging with Anthony Daniels and a small group after the original Celebration - especially when he said his then partner was from *exaggerating Aussie accent* Perth.

College isn't cheap. I've read actors/actresses can make bags of cash at conventions.

As the story goes, Bruce Campbell did some. And he would sneak up behind people in line and tap them on the shoulder and ask, "Who is the loser that everyone is waiting for?"

I've heard that R Lee Ermey (RIP) would shake every hand and sign every autograph. I.E. he didn't want to let anyone leave and be disappointed.

Some people need the money ( i.e. fringe movie roles) but refuse them because they've either been stalked or are currently being stalked. Richard Chaves ( Poncho from Predator) apparently was stalked pretty heavily at one point. Same with Richard Crenna ( Trautman from Rambo)

Being famous is probably really great. Until it's not.

As the story goes, Bruce Campbell did some. And he would sneak up behind people in line and tap them on the shoulder and ask, "Who is the loser that everyone is waiting for?"

I've heard that R Lee Ermey (RIP) would shake every hand and sign every autograph. I.E. he didn't want to let anyone leave and be disappointed.

Some people need the money ( i.e. fringe movie roles) but refuse them because they've either been stalked or are currently being stalked. Richard Chaves ( Poncho from Predator) apparently was stalked pretty heavily at one point. Same with Richard Crenna ( Trautman from Rambo)

Being famous is probably really great. Until it's not.
People are weirdos IMO. I've got favorite actors/actresses and authors I admire, but for me it's like their chosen career which just happens to be one where a lot of people know who they are.

It's a job. Famous people should be treated with the same respect that you would meet any other stranger who does not know you.

Debra Chow be like…

1661318477524.gif

Back