**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was Solo actually good? I still haven't watched it. :lol I tried once, on an airplane, but I fell asleep.

It's my fourth favourite film, after the OT, followed closely by Rogue One.

Solo is generally more 'classic' Star Wars than either the PT or ST. With a couple of changes it would've been spot-on early EU.

Okay I finally watched the new episode and without reading anyone's posts I'll post my thoughts and then go and see if anybody else actually liked it, lol.

First the bad:

1. Something about the production value of this series just seems to scream "TV show" more than Mando 1 and 2 and BOBF. It's hard to put my finger onto on specific thing because I think the TV vibe is so widespread. Even the way AOTC Obi-Wan and Anakin's lightsabers ignited at the beginning just seemed off and wonky.

2. The music during Tala's death felt way too sad and overly manipulative. It was a cool death, just let it play out without going so over the top, lol. I felt like the show so wanted me to cry that I couldn't help but want to roll my eyes instead.

3. A hundred Stormtroopers and they still can't hit any "fish in a barrel" Rebels until they get two feet away? Good grief, lol.

Other than those things I like pretty much everything else! Including Reva! :thud:

And I said after the first episode that pretty much the only explanation I'd accept for why she knew Vader's true identity was if she was a youngling who witnessed him killing other Jedi as Anakin and color me surprised but they did it. Holy crap did they double down on Vader's evilness! I loved it! And his competency. Of course I would have preferred that Reva die outright but honestly after this episode I can't say that I hate her character anymore so wow, what a feat the accomplished there, lol.
To save money they inserted a photo of a-dev’s stormtrooper shelf!

View attachment 583772
Yeah that was pretty bad CGI..didn’t think it could be done..oh wait..

I've said it a few times before, but I'll say it again, I want an Empire show with Vader as a main character hunting the Jedi.

Obi Wan can show up in flashback scenes with Annie. He's not that interesting of a character anyways. Just give me Vader doing cool stuff.

I'd love to see an episode where Vader gets stranded in some harsh planet and his suit gets severely damaged, no helmet, no cape and he has to survive. Perhaps the natives help him, and he rewards them by helping them. He's a bad guy, but even he has some honor.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen the latest episode yet, but based on the first four I give OWK a pass. As y’all know I tend to set the bar pretty low, and it hasn’t destroyed the OT… yet (though having young Leia around makes me nervous).

Also remember if you want to compare it to OT-era TV we’re talking Holiday Special.

I’m enjoying the series for what it is; popcorn fluff.

But man, there are some massive issues in this episode (as previous episodes). The Vader duel was especially cringe, he was ducking and weaving way too fast and just didn’t feel like Vader at all to me.

But man, there are some massive issues in this episode (as previous episodes). The Vader duel was especially cringe, he was ducking and weaving way too fast and just didn’t feel like Vader at all to me.

That's because the guy in the Vader costume doesn't move like Darth Vader.

I know what you mean. It felt too much. Based on this series Vader he should have no problem beating Obi-Wan in their inevitable final episode duel.

Haven’t seen the latest episode yet, but based on the first four I give OWK a pass. As y’all know I tend to set the bar pretty low, and it hasn’t destroyed the OT… yet (though having young Leia around makes me nervous).

Also remember if you want to compare it to OT-era TV we’re talking Holiday Special.

That's cheating.

giphy.gif

:lol

Is anyone else enjoying the new way of taking down Stormtroopers in this show? Grab them by the back of the head and pull them to the floor. 9/10 Stormtroopers hate this trick, click on the Disney+ Subscription button below to find out why!

I pity anyone who hasn't enjoyed any of the recent D+ stuff and still has high hopes for Andor.

There's "high hopes", and then there's high hopes in low places.

It's fine if we follow Prime Clone's advice, and set the bar low. :lol

The best things in TBOBF and OWK, apart from the humour (intentional or not), are some of the visuals that bring to 'life' scenes and scenery, and expand visually on previously shown areas like Jabba's palace.

The most evocative shot that stays with me from TBOBF is when they're standing on top of the palace looking out as the suns are going down, watching the speeders driving away.

There's also some interesting new characters, such as Black Knickerbocker.

Back