**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reva being in the opening scene was very predictable. Same with her revenge card. Her barking orders to the Stormtroopers reminded me of

That said, it was fun seeing the flashbacks (despite how bad the de-aging is here). Vader toying with Reva was fun. I also like how the flashback served the current story (how Anakin never really changed, and so he lost again).

However, there were some really poor production values here. While I enjoyed that ship scene, I have no idea how the ship got away. Were they "let go" again?

Some real ups and downs in this episode but I think overall it was decent. It's not great, it's not awful, it's just OK.

I'd still take this over BoBF anytime.

I've held off from saying anything because I got one of those Mudhorn eggs all over my face in the Boba thread after predicting that everyone would like it by the end after the first couple of episodes. I was half right there, we all had a lot to laugh about by the end!

This show is so frustrating. I feel that there is the bones of a very entertaining movie in here (you know the one that we were promised) but that script has been stretched so thinly to cover 6 episodes.

I imagine the conversation went something like this, "Oh boy we need some filler to create an episode 4, I know let's have Leia be captured again! "I'm a genius, and it rhymes with the movies that George made, Leia was captured like 3 times in those!" Hmm, we need to create some breaks in the flow of the story between episodes. Um ok, let's have Vader be stopped by fire like on that fire planet in the old movies. Yes that will deter him, wouldn't want to get burned again (chuckles). Also also let's have Obi-wan keep just getting away like at the end of every episode even if it makes no sense, we can counter that by having either Vader watch him go all disappointed and pondering (like he all the time in the OT when the rebels escaped because subordinates failed him) or Reeva yelling at him "You can't escape him Obi-Wan!". Next episode we will just launch straight in and won't follow up on any of the many plausible reasons shown in all the other source material why our antagonist didn't just follow them like straight away."

Man, I like a lot of the Vader stuff and the flashbacks and PTSD stuff is interesting, I want that explored more. I like the idea that Anakin is always overthinking how to beat Kenobi. He should be questioning his previous impulsiveness and arrogance that saw him defeated. I want to see Vader full of kinetic energy wanting to just storm in there and take out Kenobi but fearful that his old master has another trick up his sleeve that he hasn't considered yet.

Young Leia is a really good, they should just minimise her running as she is not an athlete bless her.

Others have commented on this already but the sets look small and very TV (old Star Trek). George's cinematography always made everything look grand and fitting of a space opera even if he was shooting on green screen or using a small set. I was fooled into thinking it was a real world when George was in charge but not so here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I enjoyed that ship scene, I have no idea how the ship got away. Were they "let go" again?
I think there was.... another ship hiding behind the ship he tears apart? Or something. And I guess he was all out of force juice after the first ship so just had to let the second one leave, and Ben knew that? It was really hard to figure out.

And damn.... if Vader didn't forget to recharge his force powers battery before he landed on Hoth, he could have pulled down the flying Falcon inside the base, torn the whole side off and saved all of us the hassle of asteroid field chases, bounty hunters and carbon freeze. Oh the Imperial expenses he created. :slap

I voluntarily gave up my Star Wars fan card in 1999 after witnessing the horror of The Phantom Menace.

I asked for it back when Rogue One came out, but they said it was only on a loan basis because they assured me more horrors were on the way.

Oh boy, they weren't lying. :lol
Wow, must suck to be a Star Wars fan nowadays with all the prequel love lol.

I’d happily watch TPM over any of the OT movies but I guess that’s a generation thing.

I think there was.... another ship hiding behind the ship he tears apart? Or something. And I guess he was all out of force juice after the first ship so just had to let the second one leave, and Ben knew that? It was really hard to figure out.

Yeah I understood it was hiding inside the other ship. So ok, I will buy your Force battery recharge.

And ****.... if Vader didn't forget to recharge his force powers battery before he landed on Hoth, he could have pulled down the flying Falcon inside the base, torn the whole side off and saved all of us the hassle of asteroid field chases, bounty hunters and carbon freeze. Oh the Imperial expenses he created. :slap
I think this all stems out from Rogue One when the Tantive IV escaped. A lot of people were saying how cool it would have been if Vader used the Force to stop it. It was also shown in Force Unleashed I think.

By far the biggest sin of this episode is Bail's stupidity. Basically "Kenobi I'm afraid you might be dead and they'll find out about the kids we are hiding so I am calling you here my dead friend to tell you I'm going to Tatooine where you hid the boy."

It's been at least an hour.....how come all the sexless dweebs that write Aurabesh haven't translated all the Jedi names that Harriet Tubman saved?

Every name on that wall is a potential Disney + series.

Wow, must suck to be a Star Wars fan nowadays with all the prequel love lol.

TBOBF Shrug.gif

I’d happily watch TPM over any of the OT movies but I guess that’s a generation thing.

dog shock.gif

:lol

I wondered what the battle on Crait would look like if it was rendered in Flash animation and they just knocked.

Can't wait for Reva Las Vegas!

So, do I have this right - Reva’s plan was to become GI so she could capture Obi-Wan to use as a distraction so she could kill Anakin/Vader? And Vader knew all along that she was a youngling from the temple that escaped and could try to kill him at any point leading up to this? Talk about unnecessarily convoluted lol. And what's the deal with Vader not finishing her off after running her through with the lightsaber? Did he learn nothing from Infinity War?

thanos-head.gif

Count Dooku must be like "Where was this compassion with me when you were still a Jedi?" :lol

I guess next week we'll get to suffer through some heroic final act on Reva's part. 🥱

Anyway, Good to see that Rupert Friend's GI is back - there's still a chance we'll see him take to the air with his lightsaber!!! :yess:

star-wars-finn.gif

p.s. - I knew yesterday after I floated the idea that Tala would be a good character to show up in Andor that she was doomed lol...

Show has piss poor production values, godawful excuse for a "script," and terrible actors delivering terrible lines terribly.

But just because it had a NEW scene of Obi Wan sparring with Anakin, it's gonna have every jerkoff on yotube being like this guy.

I think this episode finally showcases why Reva is truly awful: it's her delivery. It's just BAD BAD BAD. The way she screams "FIIIREEE!!" Instead of a nice, subtle "You may fire when ready." and all the rest of her terrible overacting is why she's so terrible in this role. She just doesn't get it. She screams, she over-acts, she struts around weirdly. She's clearly not playing anyone that ever existed in the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure the nerds will love more Over Powered Vader scenes too. I don't know...I just never needed to see stuff like that. Breaks my suspension of disbelief I had of him in the original trilogy.

Whatever, I hate everything. Everyone knows.
Yes and if you hate everything and gave up on life then maybe you should isolate yourself in the mountains somewhere and live in peace where none of this stuff can bother you anymore.

I liked this episode. Not surprised that y’all don’t like it. Darth Vader destroyed that girl . You guys should have been satisfied with that lol. If she even got a hit off him I’m sure they’d be huge rage.

As long as this show has Vader doing cool things, that will be enough for a lot of fans (which is absolutely fine)
I haven't seen this latest episode yet. Watching this show is very low down on my list of priorities but I'll get around to it.
For me, the first 2 episodes were fine. Didn't like episode 3 & 4. So much stupid crap in those episodes (not quite BoBF level) and the show looks so cheap.
I'll see how episode 5 turns out. Personally I need more than just Vader being awesome or killing people.

Last edited:
Back