**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine this is true. Though its likely Tran will be received more warmly.

That said, even Howard Chan says the ST was a huge disappointment and he has no interest to revisit. And he started a company because of Star Wars.
It?s a shame they laid the blame so hard on her. She didn?t really do anything bad. They bullied that girl so hard you?d think she killed Luke herself. Everyone was bad in that movie, I don?t understand why she was said to be ? worse than jar jar? she didn?t do anything bad she was just poorly written

[...] Same with Ahmed Best, Daniel Logan, or Temeura Morrison for their respective roles.

Morrison wasn't really given a lot to do except look menacing. He emerged relatively unscathed, albeit badly underused given the man's incredible acting ability.

Morrison wasn't really given a lot to do except look menacing. He emerged relatively unscathed, albeit badly underused given the man's incredible acting ability.

Yep he was good in the PT and even better in Mando. He just didn't mesh with OT Boba which again wasn't his fault.

The problem with the PT, and Vader especially, was that the movies weren't spaced out properly. We should've begun with a teen Anakin, and then moved onto a young adult one. Instead we wasted time with teeny-tiny Anakin, awkward teen Ani, then finished with socially inept 20-something Ani. I don't mind Anakin being whiny in the PT because that's how they begun the story. He's a little kid who's a slave, then goes to train with a bunch of emotionally distant monks and never gets anyone to properly confide in while trying to hide his horniness. The problem is that this isn't what people thought young, Pre-Vader Anakin was. Everyone envisioned a seasoned warrior who let his pride and ego take him over. I don't hate the PT, and I enjoy the setting more than the OT, but I still don't think Anakin/Vader was handled well. What it should've been was a slow descent to corruption. Canon Anakin is too much of an easily manipulated sad puppy that runs around some girl. He's not a millitary genius who gets seduced by power and wants to do things his way. He ultimately has too little agency and that turns him into less of a menacing villain. OT Vader gave off the impression that he had his own ambitions and wanted to rule himself, but was stuck serving the Emperor. Yes, there were hints of some baseline regret, but he was still shown as a character with personal motives. The PT comes around and he's just a lovesick puppy with attachment issues and some vague authority issues who's then turned into a cyborg slave. P O T T E R Y.

A while back I came across this piece of fanart:

anakin-skywalker-redux-by-andrewkwan-d8v9l8s-fullview.jpg

It's basically Fassbender as Anakin, and that's the way it should've been. Anakin should've been like Fassbender's Magneto. Have him start off more tame, less psychotic but still with actual issues. Show that he cares more about power than love, and that was what he regretted. Lucas was obviously not interested in that story and turned Anakin into a complete victim. Taken at face value, you can't really fault Canon Anakin. The Jedi were arrogant hypocrites, nothing worked properly, nobody helped him with his emotional problems beyond Yoda telling him "get over it brah" and Windu going "I'm waiting for you to slip you punk-ass mother****er". Palpatine started grooming him as a kid, and even when Anakin does his job and turns him in, the Jedi still act like morons. At this point you might as well join the cuckling evil lord, because if everyone's so braindead he's been running circles around them, the Republic deserves to fall. TCW portrays Anakin a bit more mature and showcases his authoritarian tendencies, but it's a major clash with PT Anakin where he's literally an emotionally stunted moron.

At the end of the day, what we all wanted out of Vader's backstory is not what we got. So it's less Christensen's fault and more the entire backstory's as it was written. Star Wars is ultimately written for kids, so Lucas wrote the story of a good guy that makes some bad choices and his ultimate motivation is "love" with a sidenote of "uh, yeah, some kinda authoritarian tendencies". Instead it should've been a case of an increasingly power-hungy idealist who sacrifices love for might. Canon Vader's just too watered down. The old comics had a better handle on Anakin, and Vader himself is a ruthless beast in all EU material, but his origin just wasn't handled well.

Or it might be a personal problem. I've always preferred villains who broke bad out or Pride, glory-chasing and "good intentions". Those who do everything for "love" never appealed to me all that much. I feel that it makes them less threatening. Most people like the trope and find it more tagic. I see it as a sort of lack of agency and it rubs me off the wrong way. I have no problem with it in the heroes, but I like my villains more "detached".

It?s a shame they laid the blame so hard on her. She didn?t really do anything bad. They bullied that girl so hard you?d think she killed Luke herself. Everyone was bad in that movie, I don?t understand why she was said to be ? worse than jar jar? she didn?t do anything bad she was just poorly written

People mocked the character online and rightly so. But the personal attack stuff seems to have been made up by Twitter. There was never any proof that what was claimed ever happened.

And it's not exactly Tran's fault but Rose was a horrible agenda driven story group character shoehorned into Star Wars. The costume department didn't do her any favors either. When you sign up for something like a role in a blockbuster movie, particularly something like Star Wars you had better be prepared to take some criticism.

"So what will happen to me now."

"Well actually--oh wait that's restricted, never mind."

Shoot I should have said send that meme to Star Wars Theory not Filoni, lol.

"So what will happen to me now."

"Well actually--oh wait that's restricted, never mind."

Shoot I should have said send that meme to Star Wars Theory not Filoni, lol.

I can see SWT guy with a girl hook up.

SWT: I’m going to convince you in 3 minutes why I am your man for tonight!

Girl: Uber please!

Back