1/6 Best New Head Sculpt From SDCC 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was the Best Head sculpt from SDCC 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing I think I like most about Yondu is that they got the expression just right. i.e an ever so slight smirk.

It's more than a deadpan face with no emotion, but not a full on expression which can limit your pose options.

This. So realistic. So awesome.

View attachment 359713

I'll choose Tarkin as a figure purchase over Yondu any day but I have to bow to its blue greatness nonetheless.

Wow, Yondu really caught up.... this must be linked to the Marvel thread as well. :lol

Yondu is also an amazing sculpt. Being blue and unrealistic has its advantage. Yet Tarkin still leads.

The Yondu is one of the most impressive sculpts I've ever seen, no question. Tarkin looks great but is somehow missing the harsh sunken gauntness that I always associate with his look in the film. And I try my best to forget that Anakin (Ani!) is a character that exists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Tarkin on preorder, & I think they did an amazing job on the head sculpt. However, the likeness of that Yondo sculpt looks freakishly real.

Surprise surprise, this is the current result over on the Marvel Board

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 21.14.51.jpg

Glad to see here Tarkin is still nosing ahead by 4 votes. :lol

Marvel people literally have blinders on to anything but comics. They cannot be counted on to make a fair assessment. Unlike here, where the vote is a much more reasonable outcome.

Shows how good the Yondu sculpt is. Total domination on the Marvel board and nearly neck and neck with Tarkin in the land of Star Wars.

I went with Tarkin. The Yondu was almost tied but what did it for me was Tarkin's details on his wrinkled skin. The parameter for voting was "artistic achievement" and the fact that they were able to apply convincingly real wrinkles amazes me.

Glad to see here Tarkin is still nosing ahead by 4 votes. :lol

Marvel people literally have blinders on to anything but comics. They cannot be counted on to make a fair assessment. Unlike here, where the vote is a much more reasonable outcome.

I'm as much a Marvel guy as Star Wars, and actually own more 1/6 Marvel than Star Wars. :horror -- but still gave it to Tarkin.

Just rewatched GOTG2 and that Yondu sculpt is spot on. But I gotta give it to the Grand Moff. You're my boy Blue! I mean Tarkin!

Back