Custom Head sculpt from Ebay- how to attach to body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMeThinks

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Obviously new to this hobby, my first figure I try assembling from buying the parts separate. The inside of the head does not reach the neck joint. I have a picture of the figure attached to the thread. (Head is not attached I placed it on the neck to take pictures).

If anyone has this particular head sculpt and know what I need to do to attach it please let me know.

Attachments

• 20220813_112116.jpg
    20220813_112116.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 5
Keep in mind that not all types of head sculpts will attach or even work well with all types of bodies, particular due to the neck width and/or head sculpt requiring a joint connector.

For example, when I planned on making an Antman wearing the team suit, I went through a few different neck pieces before finding one that not only held the head sculpt in place but didn't look either too thick or too thin.

Team Suit Scott Lang 4 sm.jpg

I see. I wonder if there are neck joints that are longer for sale... the joint connects to the head sculpt. But it's pretty far down... or I guess I need to find a different body type with a narrower neck..

Attachments

• 20220809_130739.jpg
    20220809_130739.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 0
I see. I wonder if there are neck joints that are longer for sale... the joint connects to the head sculpt. But it's pretty far down... or I guess I need to find a different body type with a narrower neck..
no, that uses a kind of cap that is inserted into the head (upper right):
9pcs-1-6-Scale-Head-Carving-Neck-Foot-Body-Connector-Neck-Joint-for-12-Action-Figure.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Keep in mind that not all types of head sculpts will attach or even work well with all types of bodies, particular due to the neck width and/or head sculpt requiring a joint connector.

For example, when I planned on making an Antman wearing the team suit, I went through a few different neck pieces before finding one that not only held the head sculpt in place but didn't look either too thick or too thin.

View attachment 595057
Thanks for replying btw

From your picture, it looks like the head is resting on top of the neck. If that's right, then the neck is too wide or the opening for the head is too narrow, depending on how you want to approach it. There's a few options: One, find a different Wolverine sculpt that goes with that body. Two, find a body that goes with that sculpt. Three, modify the neck and/or head that you already have. Potential modifications are making the head cavity larger or the neck smaller or both using a file or Dremel tool. If it were me, I would swap out the body for a seamless Phicen body, model M33. They are pricey, but for Wolverine in a sleeveless T, you're going to be happy. I think that sculpt would work great with a Phicen body, but you might want to ask around.

From your picture, it looks like the head is resting on top of the neck. If that's right, then the neck is too wide or the opening for the head is too narrow, depending on how you want to approach it. There's a few options: One, find a different Wolverine sculpt that goes with that body. Two, find a body that goes with that sculpt. Three, modify the neck and/or head that you already have. Potential modifications are making the head cavity larger or the neck smaller or both using a file or Dremel tool. If it were me, I would swap out the body for a seamless Phicen body, model M33. They are pricey, but for Wolverine in a sleeveless T, you're going to be happy. I think that sculpt would work great with a Phicen body, but you might want to ask around.
Yeah I did rest the head on the neck because the neck joint doesn't reach inside the head. (I first attached the joint to the head, and I almost got it stuck I needed pliers to remove it again.)

But yes the neck is pretty thick. I'll look into that phicen body then this body I can just use for a second figure. Thanks for responding

Back