What to cancel - can you help me make a decision?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordnastrond

Super Freak
Reaction score
Basically I've looked at my list of current pre-orders, as well as the stuff that is supposedly going for pre-order in the next year or so and decided that I probably need to cancel some orders.
So here is a list of my current pre-orders and help me decide what should face the executioner's axe! (because I suffer terribly from FOMO and indecision)

Here is a thread with pics of my collection (only addition since taking the pics I can think of is Asmus Faramir and Ian Holm Bilbo) to help you decide what will suit my collection.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/lordnastronds-collection-in-all-its-chaotic-glory.246544/
Pre-orders

- Inart Joker rooted 2 pack (already sold DX11 to make room)
- Inart Pattinson Batman
- Inart Gandalf (sold Asmus gandalf for room)
- Inart Pennywise (Still have the Hot Toys one)
- Kaustic Plastik Nosferatu
- Premium Toys Homelander 5 head sculpt + body & costume set
- Mars Toys Cesare Romero Joker
- Saturn Toys Adam West Batman & Ward Robin set
- BuzzToys Geralt of Rivia
- S-Hero Dr Doom
- SSR Animated Joker
- WorldBox God of War Ragnarok Kratos
- NooZooToys Gondorian diecast guards (bought 2 - standard soldier and "tree guard")
- Asmus Boromir
- Mars Toys Gus Fring set (fully pre paid)
- Hot Toys Tom Holland No Way Home "final suit" deluxe edition
- Tweeterhead Joker on throne 1/6 statue

I don't know what a few of those are. So the only one I might identify as a candidate is the Inart Pennywise since you still have the Hot Toys. How do the two compare? If the Inart is better then perhaps sell the Hot Toys as you did DX11 and Asmus Gandalf. Or keep the Hot Toys and drop the Inart version.

Do you feel you need to represent every Joker and every Batman? Personally I decided to cancel Inart Joker - for many reasons but - among them - I don't want to spend that much on a figure which will be instantly rendered inferior by people's customs and for me to be reminded every single time I go into the thread. I hoped Inart would be the figure to put a stop to that but I was naive - of course it wasn't going to stop it. Customizing mania surrounds that trio of Batman films, uniquely so. I decided I want to stay away from it and so dropped Inart Joker along with any other stuff from those films. Hoped to make an exception for the Batman Begins outfit but Hot Toys cheaped out with yet another reissue so that's the end of that. Anyway this means I just have the Burton-verse Batman figures and I have Batman Forever incoming. Correction, I also have a Justice League Affleck Batman. Point is though I'm not representing the 60s TV show, the TDK trilogy, Joker or The Batman. Do you need them all? A few sales and cancellations there if you decided you didn't.

Personally I have a tendency not to cancel and instead sell it on when it comes in. If you absolutely have to, I would cancel from a place that has good customer service and/or doesn’t charge a cancel fee and/or a place you are not going to order from again.

Looking at your list I don’t think it’s fair to be specific but you have DC, Marvel, horror, tv, games etc represented. Maybe think about what you want to concentrate on. I would love to jump into horror for example, but budget and space prevents it so I stick with my Marvel and Star Wars.

Hi nastrond :wave lovely collection!

Funnily enough, one of the first things I was going to mention before seeing your note was getting Boromir and Fountain Guards when there was a startling lack of Faramir.

The biggest question here is the actual reason you’re wanting to trim down your P.O. list. Are you doing it to prioritise finances, space, or trying to reduce and refocus to build off what you already have displayed? Explaining your reasoning might help us better understand what you may be willing to axe.

Hi nastrond :wave lovely collection!

Funnily enough, one of the first things I was going to mention before seeing your note was getting Boromir and Fountain Guards when there was a startling lack of Faramir.

The biggest question here is the actual reason you’re wanting to trim down your P.O. list. Are you doing it to prioritise finances, space, or trying to reduce and refocus to build off what you already have displayed? Explaining your reasoning might help us better understand what you may be willing to axe.
Hi,
I don't expect this answer to be entirely helpful, but its a little of all three - space is basically non existant at this point (but there are some work arounds there), finances is a big one - I can afford whats on this list but it sort of relies on nothing else coming and no unexpected costs for the upcoming months. I'm also hoping to avoid making my collection look cheap by having too much.
A large part of it is just sort of realising how MANY pre-orders I have already - especially when some companies have indicated they will soon announce things i've been looking forward to for year (for example Crown Thranduil)

Personally I have a tendency not to cancel and instead sell it on when it comes in. If you absolutely have to, I would cancel from a place that has good customer service and/or doesn’t charge a cancel fee and/or a place you are not going to order from again.

Looking at your list I don’t think it’s fair to be specific but you have DC, Marvel, horror, tv, games etc represented. Maybe think about what you want to concentrate on. I would love to jump into horror for example, but budget and space prevents it so I stick with my Marvel and Star Wars.
This is a good point, might save me losing the deposits and the decisions might be easier when I have them in hand.
It's true - I have a really wide spread range of interests - to my detriment.
It's allowed me to collect some really lovely things - but it does become a bit of a trap.

I don't know what a few of those are. So the only one I might identify as a candidate is the Inart Pennywise since you still have the Hot Toys. How do the two compare? If the Inart is better then perhaps sell the Hot Toys as you did DX11 and Asmus Gandalf. Or keep the Hot Toys and drop the Inart version.

Do you feel you need to represent every Joker and every Batman? Personally I decided to cancel Inart Joker - for many reasons but - among them - I don't want to spend that much on a figure which will be instantly rendered inferior by people's customs and for me to be reminded every single time I go into the thread. I hoped Inart would be the figure to put a stop to that but I was naive - of course it wasn't going to stop it. Customizing mania surrounds that trio of Batman films, uniquely so. I decided I want to stay away from it and so dropped Inart Joker along with any other stuff from those films. Hoped to make an exception for the Batman Begins outfit but Hot Toys cheaped out with yet another reissue so that's the end of that. Anyway this means I just have the Burton-verse Batman figures and I have Batman Forever incoming. Correction, I also have a Justice League Affleck Batman. Point is though I'm not representing the 60s TV show, the TDK trilogy, Joker or The Batman. Do you need them all? A few sales and cancellations there if you decided you didn't.
It is true that the Inart Joker is very, very expensive and there are some customs out there that blow the mind.
Not like I will ever be able to afford those! I've dipped enough of a toe into the custom world to know that a full figure and diorama would cost something like $2000 :ROFLMAO: So beautiful. but so expensive
I know I look like some sort of Joker completionist but with the sole exception of Romero - the Joker's I have bought have been versions I loved.
I've never watched the Adam West series (though I did watch the movie a bunch growing up) but I love the costume and character designs - so colorful and iconic.

Your reasoning makes sense—I agree with the others that you may want to concentrate more within specific genres since collecting based on every interest is unfortunately so difficult.

I’d personally keep your order on the InArt Joker since he’s coming so soon and you’ve already got rid of the DX11; it will also give you perspective on what we can expect from InArt and might impact the other orders you have with them.
Since space is a concern you may want to axe either Geralt and Kratos since I assume they would be on the shelf with Ezio and Altair.
Lastly, those NooZooToys guards look so strange to me personally that I’d reconsider since there would be three off your P.O. list right there.. I honestly think there’s a decent chance Asmus might end up making a more accurate Minas Tirith/Fountain Guard figure since the elven warriors seemed to sell pretty well even compared to some actual characters (like Faramir, Elrond, and Eomer for example).

We can't help you, lol. Figure it out. This is a "you" call.
I want to like and laugh at this at the same time. So true.

I will add though I’m not preordering anything else from Inart until I have that Joker in hand. If they don’t deliver …

109D1043-057B-4734-AA4B-1E78C057B980.gif

As much as I would love to give suggestions, it really is something you ultimately need to decide on. Sure it would be nice to collect any and every single thing we’re sorta into, but unless you’re like some of the these YouTubers, most of us have to focus on 1-2 lines with the few outliers here and there. It’s very easy to fall into the trap of “I’ll just get one” and then next thing you know, you’re buying up the whole line and eventually regretting it. This happened to me recently. Rewatched the entire original GI Joe animated series, so I bought nearly every single one of the main characters; however now I’m wishing I didn’t and have to go through the trouble of selling them off. Sorta fallen into the same trap with Marvel/Iron Man and contemplating the same thing to just selling them all.

For me, when re-evaluating my collection, I realized that HT Star Wars are mostly the only ones I don’t ever consider selling which means that’s probably what I should focus on.

So, if I were to give some advice, maybe just evaluate your collection and think of the lines or even characters that are ones you would never ever consider selling unless you absolutely had to, and purge the rest especially the ones that are in “it would be cool to have but not really need” category.

Last edited:
Basically I've looked at my list of current pre-orders, as well as the stuff that is supposedly going for pre-order in the next year or so and decided that I probably need to cancel some orders.
So here is a list of my current pre-orders and help me decide what should face the executioner's axe! (because I suffer terribly from FOMO and indecision)

Here is a thread with pics of my collection (only addition since taking the pics I can think of is Asmus Faramir and Ian Holm Bilbo) to help you decide what will suit my collection.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/lordnastronds-collection-in-all-its-chaotic-glory.246544/
Pre-orders

- Inart Joker rooted 2 pack (already sold DX11 to make room)
- Inart Pattinson Batman
- Inart Gandalf (sold Asmus gandalf for room)
- Inart Pennywise (Still have the Hot Toys one)
- Kaustic Plastik Nosferatu
- Premium Toys Homelander 5 head sculpt + body & costume set
- Mars Toys Cesare Romero Joker
- Saturn Toys Adam West Batman & Ward Robin set
- BuzzToys Geralt of Rivia
- S-Hero Dr Doom
- SSR Animated Joker
- WorldBox God of War Ragnarok Kratos
- NooZooToys Gondorian diecast guards (bought 2 - standard soldier and "tree guard")
- Asmus Boromir
- Mars Toys Gus Fring set (fully pre paid)
- Hot Toys Tom Holland No Way Home "final suit" deluxe edition
- Tweeterhead Joker on throne 1/6 statue
With the excepton of cancelling all, how about the best of 3 figures, saves money space including head space. Less os more to be free is a great feeling. I would also narrow my interest to one theme....much luck.

Not better than others.
As already talked in the « how to beat your addiction » thread , I think there is always a moment in our collecting cycle where you realize that you bought too much and you have been trapped and felt in the collecting trap.

I remember exactly these feelings of guilt and overflow.
I tried to buy every representation of what I loved as a kid.
I had Batman 89, BTAS, SW, Robocop, Terminator, Ghostbusters, BTTF, Iron Man, Thundercats, He-Man, Grendizer, DBZ, Saint Seiya…

And a morning I red someone on this forum saying:
- « You don’t need to have a representation of everything you liked »
- « It’s not because you liked something that you have to collect it. »

And it maked me tilt. I had so much stuff. So many boxes. In a way, even this forum made me spent a lot of money, it saved me.
I did the reverse and asked myself the question:
"If I had to do it again, what would I buy for sure?
and realized that a lot of things had been bought out of compulsion and to fill lines.

So I sold a lot of things and since feel much lighter and better.
Don't get me wrong. I don't know where you are in your life as a collector, my message has no moralizing purpose, simply to share my experience of 15 years of collecting.
Now I only pre-order items that have an extremely strong sentimental value and that seem to me essential in my collection and I am now focusing on one or two franchises that are close to my heart and with which I have a real sentimental connection.
I stopped buying just because it looks cool.

IMO, a few items in a beautiful and clean display is the way to follow.

Back