1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think the price of the HT start to going down.
It’s just that mine, after the repaint wasn’t stock so I didn’t think I could claim the higher price. It won’t be fair.
And I never liked play the speculation game.
The retail price was a great deal but I don’t think it worths 1 500 or 2 K.
I paid 595 € and sold it 1000 € ten years later, I think I’m fully satisfied.

I don’t think the price of the HT start to going down.
It’s just that mine, after the repaint wasn’t stock so I didn’t think I could claim the higher price. It won’t be fair.
And I never liked play the speculation game.
The retail price was a great deal but I don’t think it worths 1 500 or 2 K.
I paid 595 € and sold it 1000 € ten years later, I think I’m fully satisfied.
I don’t see it going down either.
Good you made a profit on it but u weren’t ever going to make a loss on it though.
I could never sell my Batmobile though, it’s without a doubt the pinnacle of my collection. I’m more than satisfied by it and as others have said if you have this, I don’t see the point of buying jazzincs. It’s an outstanding piece & anyone that see’s it is blown away by it.
I’m just glad I got one when they released

Yeah, still thinking that the HT is an awesome piece.
And I’m sure that it will hold its value for a long time.
Many collectors will look for it because simply the fact that it’s from HT, others don’t like mixing brands with DX09 and 08.
It’s important for them to pair the good car with the good figures in this line.
And from a collector’s point of view, it totally makes sens.

Without playing speculation, I think I sold mine a the right moment. If HT will reissue it, it would have been much more difficult to sell at the price I’ve sold mine

I do not think HT will make any more 1/6 bat vehicles ever again.
It's possible they may still announce the batmobile from The Batman........
Robert Pattinson Batman GIF by G1ft3d

It's possible they may still announce the batmobile from The Batman........
Robert Pattinson Batman GIF by G1ft3d
I believe that train has already left the station. Their “best effort” was just some artwork to try and thwart Jazzinc’s sales. Pretty pathetic.
I do not think HT will make any more 1/6 bat vehicles ever again.
I agree. It seems their last hope would be the batmobile from the flash, but they would almost certainly produce something inferior to anything that jazzinc would offer. The movie would have to be stellar to support a big market, and they’d have to do it better / cheaper/ faster than joost. I’m not sure that’s the hill they want to die on.

HT does the figures you put in the jazzinc vehicles ;)

I wouldn’t be so categoric.
It’s right to say that between the money lost on each car sold, shipping and QC issues, this 89 Batmobile was a nightmare for HT.
But now the molds are ready and it would be very easy to reissue it.
But after the 2013 1st batch and now the upcoming Jazzinc, don’t know if there will be enough demand for it.
They understood that now there is a very serious competitor concerning vehicles.
If we don’t see anything this summer after the Flash movie, I think we’ll never see it again for sure.

I wouldn’t be so categoric.
It’s right to say that between the money lost on each car sold, shipping and QC issues, this 89 Batmobile was a nightmare for HT.
But now the molds are ready and it would be very easy to reissue it.
But after the 2013 1st batch and now the upcoming Jazzinc, don’t know if there will be enough demand for it.
They understood that now there is a very serious competitor concerning vehicles.
If we don’t see anything this summer after the Flash movie, I think we’ll never see it again for sure.
You make some very valid points. That said, there are several factors working against them, all of which have been discussed before and make it clear why a reissue isn’t viable. I don’t believe they can offer this again anywhere near the same price they at which they originally offered. Granted, they have moulds already, but the other costs have risen also. Plus, they would have to lure a good number of purchasers away from jazzinc (the market for a 1/6 batmobile is only so big). Not such a simple task when their version has less features and isn’t as accurate. Then there’s the opportunity cost of diverting all of those funds for an 89 project, when it’s so much easier and more profitable to sell other product lines (e,g. marvel figures, cosbabys, etc).

Again, all of this has been discussed before and it is still all true.

Still, I stand corrected when I said, “HT does the figures you put in the jazzinc vehicles”. They haven’t yet reissued the 1989 batman that they said was forthcoming, so many people will not have a figure to put in it ;)

Last edited:
Completely agree with you.
Some could argue that they reissued the Delorean but it’s a completely different story.
Delorean Part II gets new features and offers a total different display option.
The 89 Batmobile is quite identical in Returns and probably in The Flash movie and HT already incorporated the Returns gadgets in the original car.

Last edited:
Wait, they reissued the Tumbler with less features as well. Who knows what’s at play here, I had a scare with my 89 Batmobile with some LED’s not turning on, lucky for me hot toys thought of everything and let us have quick access to them, I guess some wiring got loose and it was a matter of just reseating them.

Note to self or everyone here: Hot toys does give out replacement parts for LED’s as long they were in production, ask for extra in the future in case they burn out or worse.

As it is supposed to be abandoned and hidden for years,
Is that so? So he "abandoned and hid" that, but upgraded everything else? I honestly don't know any details about the supposed continuity of this alt 89 Batman U.
The Batwing is appropriately new, (since it got destroyed) but also upgrades in the suit, sevral new alternate suits, the cave itself, not quit 89 or Returns, there is a waterfall entrance, we hadn't seen before, lots new, etc. Makes sensce.
Everything implied new or getting upgrade at some point, hence curious about the Batmobile? It's the one thing that stayed exactly the same?
Maybe it'll have some yet unseen upgrades too.

Last edited:
You know what? Maybe he never uses the car during the movie. It’s maybe just fan service.
Like the « yeah… I’m Batman… »

As it is supposed to be abandoned and hidden for years, it shouldn’t have difference.
There should be differences as the car was under construction when Returns concludes as 2/3 of the car got scrapped when he converted it to Batmissile mode.

You know what? Maybe he never uses the car during the movie. It’s maybe just fan service.
Like the « yeah… I’m Batman… »
That’s…probably very likely.

Back