1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tumbler and batpod releases also coincide with two batman and catwoman figures they’ve released, as well. I doubt they’ll re-release the 1989 batmobile without at least a 1989 batman, which they don’t seem interested in doing.

The tumbler and batpod releases also coincide with two batman and catwoman figures they’ve released, as well. I doubt they’ll re-release the 1989 batmobile without at least a 1989 batman, which they don’t seem interested in doing.
so we have a re issue with a new Base
index.jpg

a BAT computer
bat computer.jpg

and Drum Roll please......
i still do not believe my eyes, 92 CM by 75 Cm wide Batwing
batwing 89.jpg

too bad the BatWing 89 looks not in scale compared to jazzinc dioramas batwing that looks like it has 10 inch wider wingspan

What are the chances this 89 HT Batmobile will be re-released like the DeLorean?

I have the BTTF2 DeLorean coming I want one of these but not for $2000 eBay prices.

What are the chances this 89 HT Batmobile will be re-released like the DeLorean?

I have the BTTF2 DeLorean coming I want one of these but not for $2000 eBay prices.
There's no way to tell since HT is more unpredictable than the Joker's crime spree.

The Tumbler got a reissue, the DeLorean did not, the one that's up for PO is from Pt II.

There's no way to tell since HT is more unpredictable than the Joker's crime spree.

The Tumbler got a reissue, the DeLorean did not, the one that's up for PO is from Pt II.
And hot toys still haven't officially revealed the batmobile from The Batman, even though they showed a teaser pic for it back around February........:mad:

A few weeks ago, I would have said zero chance if we consider the nightmare was this 89 Batmobile for HT between the sale at lost and QC and shipping issues.
But with the re-issue of the Tumbler, Delorean part II and above all the tease of the new DX-09, Batcave, Batwing and the upcoming Flash movie, everything is possible.
Concerning the 89 stuff maybe no one of these will see the light of day or everything, unpredictable with HT like their Robocop 3 which came from nowhere…🤔

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I would have said zero chance if we consider the nightmare was this 89 Batmobile for HT between the sale at lost and QC and shipping issues.
But with the re-issue of the Tumbler, Delorean part II and above all the tease of the new DX-09, Batcave, Batwing and the upcoming Flash movie, everything is possible.
Concerning the 89 stuff maybe no one of these will see the light of day or everything, unpredictable with HT like their Robocop 3 which came from nowhere…🤔
Still waiting on a Robocop Detroit PD car. 👍🏻

good call. i agree. It's best to wait it out. I'm sure if they made a new 89 Batmobile it will be a lot more, but it would still be about 1/2 the price of the mint versions on eBay. Same deal with the DeLorean. I'm happy i didn't go hunting in the wild for one of those.

A re-release of the 89 Batmobile would be at 2022 price, circa 900 $ IMO VS 550 $ back to 2012.
But yes you’re right still cheaper than secondary market prices.

Ok, possible turnaround?

Following his last video on his FB page, It seems that Joost is not so confident to make the 1989 Batmobile if we refer to the commentaries:

598146FA-7A6A-4974-B958-B368D4189EB1.png
0501E1F3-AC9E-45E7-944D-294060062554.jpeg
D162AE17-2BA3-4B83-AA36-D03B0EBD99C7.jpeg

Does he heard something coming from Hot Toys?

And you, what would you do if HT re-pops its version?
Would you buy / keep the HT one or jump on Joost’s version?

Last edited:
not necessarily saying screw the aftermarket, they exist for a reason but id pay top dollar at retail for a more accurate and probably less plasticy 89 batmobile from joost before i consider buying hot toy's. they always looked cheap to me tbh, especially the tumbler. id consider paying something top dollar at retail before paying someone for a marked up price for an old figure/vehicle.

not necessarily saying screw the aftermarket, they exist for a reason but id pay top dollar at retail for a more accurate and probably less plasticy 89 batmobile from joost before i consider buying hot toy's. they always looked cheap to me tbh, especially the tumbler. id consider paying something top dollar at retail before paying someone for a marked up price for an old figure/vehicle.
I was meaning if HT reissued it.
You’re right, secondary market prices are insane.

I’m more than happy with my hot toys 89 Batmobile.
I count myself lucky to have it & its the one piece in my collection hand on heart I would never sell.
Im a batman nut but I wouldn’t be interested in getting another one if jazzinc made one.
The hot toys is more than fine in my eyes

Back