AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What disappointing news!
Anyone with any common sense knew that Hot Toys would never touch this license, but figures from another 1/6 scale company other than Star Ace or Sideshow may have been promising.
This unknown company, probably Molecule8 under a new name, getting this license is even worse news than the license going to Sideshow or Star Ace.
Expect slightly better than average prototypes that everyone will lie to themselves and each other about being as “good as Hot Toys” because they are so anxious to have another new figure maker on the scene to get excited about.
Then the obligatory posts about how Augtoys is “giving Hot Toys a run for their money.
And then all of the posts about all of the other licenses that people want to see “get the Augtoys treatment!”
Then the Dune figures are going to take four years to finally see release and will look worse than anything from Star Ace or Sideshow.
Everyone will realize that Augtoys is a failed experiment, except for the poor few who were duped into preordering the Dune figures who will still swear that they are “pretty much as good as Hot Toys” on their death beds.

I won’t spoil the movie for you, but I’ll spoil the figures…they won’t.

Don't hang them before they've even shown anything.

As a local Chinese brand, AUGTOYS is very pleased to cooperate with Dune to design and produce 12 -inch collection-level movable dolls.

The core members of the AUGTOYS team have more than 10 years of work experience in the industry , and will also design and create more gameplay products for the majority of players in the future.

Next, AUGTOYS will cooperate with Guangzhou Zhuanye Soldier Model Toys Co., Ltd. (Professional Soldier Model), and the professional Soldier Model has full authority to sell this brand series of products. Please pay attention to our new product official announcement, thank you for your attention!

I wondered who this was when they applied to join the forum last Wednesday:

ZHUANYETOYS​

Well, I’ll keep some optimism and give them a chance. I haven’t seen the movie yet-gotta wait till December for a release Down Under, but I was hoping for a company to release some figures. Love the designs so far. Would have preferred a known entity except Star Ace, but who knows, they might deliver.

I'm worried it's Molecule 8 all over again.

It's always wise to be aware of potential problems, but at the moment they're getting tarred and feathered just for having a new company name. :unsure:

1/6 production in China appears to be quite fluid, with teams assembling under different names for different projects.

We'll have to wait and see, but we have to at least give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

If they go up for pre-order we can always use a reputable retailer to put some safe distance between the company and ourselves. Unlike with Molecule8 where customers were caught out by ordering direct from them.

On another point, I don't see any reference to the license being exclusive to AUGTOYS, so it doesn't necessarily preclude another (known) company from getting a piece of the (1/6) action.

Prime 1 and Blitzway announced the license too during the year.

I emailed Blitzway asking if they're making sixth scale figures and they said they hadn't decided their plans yet.

Either way fuckall announced from any company on its release day today.

It's always wise to be aware of potential problems, but at the moment they're getting tarred and feathered just for having a new company name. :unsure:

1/6 production in China appears to be quite fluid, with teams assembling under different names for different projects.

We'll have to wait and see, but we have to at least give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

If they go up for pre-order we can always use a reputable retailer to put some safe distance between the company and ourselves. Unlike with Molecule8 where customers were caught out by ordering direct from them.

On another point, I don't see any reference to the license being exclusive to AUGTOYS, so it doesn't necessarily preclude another (known) company from getting a piece of the (1/6) action.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say they are being “tarred and feathered.” No one is accusing them of fraud or dishonesty.
I’m simply making an educated prediction that they will release a sub par product after lengthy delays.
I hope they prove me wrong. I will be the first to apologize if they do. But most here know that they more than likely won’t.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say they are being “tarred and feathered.” No one is accusing them of fraud or dishonesty.
I’m simply making an educated prediction that they will release a sub par product after lengthy delays.
I hope they prove me wrong. I will be the first to apologize if they do. But most here know that they more than likely won’t.
Ah the Pessimist. You must be so much fun in real life :rotfl

I cant wait to see Dune! I am glad HT is passing on this license, because if I like the film at all that would be $$$$$$$$$$ lol

IMO HT could use a good challenging opponent, though. We would all benefit in the end. I'd like to see HT's almost-monopoly broken.

I cant wait to see Dune! I am glad HT is passing on this license, because if I like the film at all that would be $$$$$$$$$$ lol

IMO HT could use a good challenging opponent, though. We would all benefit in the end. I'd like to see HT's almost-monopoly broken.
Yep, monopolies never work. Development stifles and customers get what they get. We can see that now with Hot Toys. In the early days they were motivated, but now not os sure about that.

Competition brings so much more for the consumer. Maybe over time BLitzway and some of the other better quality companies will get there.

Ah the Pessimist. You must be so much fun in real life :rotfl
My wife and kids seems to think so, but once I break it to them that Hoody999 from an online discussion group disagrees, I’m sure they’ll quickly change their minds!
Because if there is one thing that we all can agree on in real life, it’s that no one, and I mean no one, enjoys being around someone who doesn’t think that AUGTOYS is going to make some AMAZING Dune figures. :lol

The number of new 1/6 companies to proto/preorder/deliver products since the Molecule8 debacle is many. Mars Toys, Infamous, Thunder Toys, Present Toys…. Some better than others but the market has flourished and I am much more likely now to order a company’s first offering than I once was.

Just saw a cool custom done by WE Studio. I do wonder what costume AugToys is gonna go with since he wears like 3-4 in the movie.

245045636_4782004138477720_3111806654424273432_n.jpg

245561718_4782005021810965_403941703907216001_n.jpg
yo9wyQw.jpg

I hope some other third party company is going to try and make these, someone we’re familiar with. I doubt AugToys will give us the sculpts we want. Wish another well established company had picked up the license. PureArts just started pumping out sixth scale figures and their gaming stuff looks great so far! I will keep an open mind though, very excited to pick up a black suit Paul, an armored Leto and a fremen stillsuit Chani 💪🏽

Back