AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the film so I want figures from it. I would like Paul in the desert wraps/ Fremin sand suit.

maybe lady Jessica and the Duke.

but if part 2 doesn’t get made I’d have a hard time wanting guys like the Baron or Bautista’s character etc because they didn’t do much

as for the company well let’s wait and see. If they give us good armor bases we can take care of getting better heads if they suck.

I came out of the movie ready to buy cool merchandise but there isn't much out there. Will look forward to seeing what this company comes up with.

Yeah since HT couldn't make one Poe figure from 3 films I'm hoping this company can do it.

Still, no news yet is a bit worrying.

Sounds like they just signed the deal recently, meaning a figure won't be shown for months.

d1.jpg

We've seen this before. I don't know if this says much.
You mean in general? As in a company posting a “coming soon” mock-up? Yeah, fair point. But it’s the first time I’m seeing this particular one. A month after the official announcement is pretty good I think. We’ll have to wait and see.

You mean in general? As in a company posting a “coming soon” mock-up? Yeah, fair point. But it’s the first time I’m seeing this particular one. A month after the official announcement is pretty good I think. We’ll have to wait and see.
Yeah. How many times have we seen "coming soon" and it meant never. Have they posted any kind of work. I mean if they have the license shouldn't they post some kind of teaser; and I don't mean this "coming soon" thing.

Yeah. How many times have we seen "coming soon" and it meant never. Have they posted any kind of work. I mean if they have the license shouldn't they post some kind of teaser; and I don't mean this "coming soon" thing.
Eh, they're a new company and this is their only license. I'm sure they have something in the pipeline and are spacing it out a bit. The actual product might be subpar or whatever else, but I don't think it'll go a year with small teasers and then nothing. It's not HT where they have a huge backlog. Iconiq teased their Bateman with a headsculpt and then the PO went live about a year later. It's all up in the air, but I think they'll produce at least a Paul. If they're smart, they'll strike while the iron's hot. Or maybe they'll wait for the second part in 2023? Dunno. But eh, I'm optimistic. I guess I don't see a company with a single license putting out an announcement and then literally doing nothing. Maybe they'll drag their feet and still deliver something unsatisfying, that's a wholly different talk. But I think they'll put something out.

I hear you.
Did the movie do well?
Well enough for them to greenlight P2, and during Covid-Season, but nothing amazing. It's sitting at 350M or so WW. Bond for contrast did 700M or so. It's not groundbreaking numbers, but I reckon they're banking on P2 getting more traction and them launching a full franchise out of it.

Back