Assassin's Creed 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished the game 100% to me is up there with all the rest of the great AC games. loved connor he was just quiet but deadly.
the moves in this game are the best in series. some of the counter attacks looks so amazing. running away from people tru windows and doors had an amazing cinematic feel to it.

The pc version showed some of the most amazing detail and made the game spectacular.
the naval battles are one of my favorite parts about this game.
some of the best watter effects yet.

AC3 to me is one of the best games this year.
9/10 for me.

Bring on more.

now on to FAR CRY 3

I rented the game who are the guys running around boston with a exclamation mark over there heads? And what do you do?

I rented the game who are the guys running around boston with a exclamation mark over there heads? And what do you do?
The red exclamation marks? Those are Templar couriers, tackle 'em. Don't kill them though.

I rented it last week, beat the story. I'll buy it, but when it is around $30, a good game but I was mainly in for the story.

Now, Hot Toys, my love, bring me a Connor please.

The red exclamation marks? Those are Templar couriers, tackle 'em. Don't kill them though.

I rented it last week, beat the story. I'll buy it, but when it is around $30, a good game but I was mainly in for the story.

Now, Hot Toys, my love, bring me a Connor please.

Blew that one killed everyone of them beat and died buy the red tide!! 8)

Well, I'm a bit late to the game (no pun intended), but I just finished the story mode for AC 3. Honestly, I can't say that I'm very impressed by it. The combat mechanics are certainly more improved, in the way that you can select the type of counter attack that you wish to use - either to disarm an enemy, or to use a finishing combo. The hunting side-missions and naval combat scenarios were also pretty interesting. But, that's about where the fun ends.

First, I found Connor to be an extremely weak combatant. Gone are the days of Ezio, where he could kill-streak most of the enemies on screen (and treat us to some amazing cinematics). Or maybe it's because Connor's arsenal of weapons lack the necessary killing power. With that said, weapon upgrades are practically sporadic to non-existent in this game. The same weapons that you find in the "General Stores" at the beginning of Connor's journey, will be there at the end of the game with nothing new in addition.

The pacing of the game was also pretty off. Connor interacts and meets with a few characters who just appear out of the blue, without any sort of back-story to how their relationships were forged. The lack of explanation of how Haytham Kenway apparently "knew" Connor was extremely appalling for a game that scripted Connor's story from a child to a grown man. It was also of poor execution by Ubisoft, that the characters at the beginning (who were very likable), suddenly took a 180 in their personalities - just for the sake of advancing the script between the Assassins and Templars. It certainly could have been done better.

Lastly, the botching of American history, half-truths that were spun throughout the game, and gratuitous attempts to vilify the country's founding were also pretty laughable. AC 3's telling of history made as much sense as that vampire movie with Abraham Lincoln. But, I can't say that I'm surprised at all, especially since the developers themselves hail from a country with extremely heavy anti-American sentiment.

I'm currently going for platinum. Strangely enough, I still have to try the multiplayer - which was always one of my favorite things to do in Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:
God I hate actually playing these games. If it wasn't for the storyline running through these games, which is incredible, I'd actually say they're pretty shocking games. The controls are so glitchy, fighting is horrible, trying to be stealthy is horrible, I'm sick of jumping where I don't want to just because the game decides it wants to. The graphics are pretty shoddy by today's standards too. Take for example I'm on sequence 12 now, and the amount of times I've restarted it just because he's done something different every time is incredible :lol

In terms of AC3, it's good, but I expected more. Connor doesn't come close to Altair and especially ezio for me. His story is boring IMO. Considering this is the epic 3rd game I was expecting more, this doesn't feel like any more of a full game than brotherhood and revelations.

I've nearly finished the story and the game is only about 40% done. The chances of me going back to complete all the rest of the game and the stupid horrible homestead and hunting missions are pretty slim I have to say. :lol

I've actually enjoyed playing as Desmond more this time.

[/rant]

God I hate actually playing these games. If it wasn't for the storyline running through these games, which is incredible, I'd actually say they're pretty shocking games. The controls are so glitchy, fighting is horrible, trying to be stealthy is horrible, I'm sick of jumping where I don't want to just because the game decides it wants to. The graphics are pretty shoddy by today's standards too. Take for example I'm on sequence 12 now, and the amount of times I've restarted it just because he's done something different every time is incredible :lol

In terms of AC3, it's good, but I expected more. Connor doesn't come close to Altair and especially ezio for me. His story is boring IMO. Considering this is the epic 3rd game I was expecting more, this doesn't feel like any more of a full game than brotherhood and revelations.

I've nearly finished the story and the game is only about 40% done. The chances of me going back to complete all the rest of the game and the stupid horrible homestead and hunting missions are pretty slim I have to say. :lol

I've actually enjoyed playing as Desmond more this time.

[/rant]

Your rant...is perfect. So far I am only about 5 or so hours in to the game (just finished the Boston Tea Party) mission and am just taking my time with this game but the whole time playing I am missing Ezio and the previous AC games already.

Also...there is part where you can recruit assassins and it may be just me but it seems like a very complicated aggravating and almost pointless process...there are just too many places I can send someone just so they fail. I have been lazy with trying to figure this part out simply because it takes away from the fun of the game.

...and yes the hunting missions I would rather have to do dishes all day than that junk.

I may learn more as I play the game further but so far I have no desire to even try and figure that whole recruit mode out.

Still I am going to try and enjoy this game for what it is. So far nothing except for the sailboat scenes/missions have really wowed me.
Just follow another character and protect them on the way...again I still have plenty more of this game to play to see if anything more developes.

I'd rather replay AC 1, AC 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, than start AC 3 all over again. I honestly can't recommend this game to anyone unless they were really interested in seeing the conclusion to Desmond's story - which ironically, happened to be a terribly weak conclusion to say the least.

The sailboat missions and the hunting sequences are the only things that keep me going back.

I Agree, ACIII is the only Game i havn't replayed playing after finishing it the first time .. ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations i replayed the hell outta of them

Well, I'm a bit late to the game (no pun intended), but I just finished the story mode for AC 3. Honestly, I can't say that I'm very impressed by it. The combat mechanics are certainly more improved, in the way that you can select the type of counter attack that you wish to use - either to disarm an enemy, or to use a finishing combo. The hunting side-missions and naval combat scenarios were also pretty interesting. But, that's about where the fun ends.

First, I found Connor to be an extremely weak combatant. Gone are the days of Ezio, where he could kill-streak most of the enemies on screen (and treat us to some amazing cinematics). Or maybe it's because Connor's arsenal of weapons lack the necessary killing power. With that said, weapon upgrades are practically sporadic to non-existent in this game. The same weapons that you find in the "General Stores" at the beginning of Connor's journey, will be there at the end of the game with nothing new in addition.

The pacing of the game was also pretty off. Connor interacts and meets with a few characters who just appear out of the blue, without any sort of back-story to how their relationships were forged. The lack of explanation of how Haytham Kenway apparently "knew" Connor was extremely appalling for a game that scripted Connor's story from a child to a grown man. It was also of poor execution by Ubisoft, that the characters at the beginning (who were very likable), suddenly took a 180 in their personalities - just for the sake of advancing the script between the Assassins and Templars. It certainly could have been done better.

Lastly, the botching of American history, half-truths that were spun throughout the game, and gratuitous attempts to vilify the country's founding were also pretty laughable. AC 3's telling of history made as much sense as that vampire movie with Abraham Lincoln. But, I can't say that I'm surprised at all, especially since the developers themselves hail from a country with extremely heavy anti-American sentiment.

I'm currently going for platinum. Strangely enough, I still have to try the multiplayer - which was always one of my favorite things to do in Assassin's Creed.

I just finished last week and this is exactly how I feel about the game. Only parts I enjoyed were the side missions hunting/frontiers man and homestead. It was pretty fun building a community. I loved the naval battles. Could do those all day. Upgraded my ship completely. Also enjoyed the Desmond missions more than Connor's stuff. I also hated the fact that I couldn't go anywhere of run on roof tops without getting stopped or spotted by some redcoats trying to take me down.

Almost immediately playing as Connor, I missed Ezio. like someone else said, I'd rather play as all the previous AC games before even touching AC3 again.

I liked the game! I found Connor to be a refreshing change from Ezio. Connor seems a bit more brutal and idealistic than Ezio in his methods.

I do agree with you all about some of the plot-holes. And they didn't really address Kenway knowing about his son (perhaps he knew his mother was pregnant when she left him?) and I was hoping to see Connor and Achilles' relationship fleshed out a little more because Connor always seemed hostile towards Achilles in most of their scenes together. I also thought the relationship between George Washington and Connor was supposed to be more as well.

I'm also in agreement with the disappointing weapon selections and I didn't really find myself using any other weapons besides a sword/dagger/assassin's blade and the pistols. There really wasn't much need to and the Missions and "Clubs" didn't have any requirements to use them that could've made for some fun interactions. It seemed like the other AC games had missions to introduce the new weapons to you and once you realized how much fun they were, you'd find yourself using them more. The simplified controls were pretty good, but I do miss the old ones from the Ezio trilogy. I am forgiving to some of the glitches because it is a BIG game, but come on Ubisoft! How hard is it to see when all the freakin' map icons start disappearing? That should've been fixed ASAP! I still don't see some icons and I already beat the game.

The Naval missions were a nice change, I'm glad to see that Ubisoft is not afraid to bring new elements to try much like they have with the other games.

The ending is a bit weak and anti-climactic. I think a better emphasis on the world-wide catastrophe would've helped a sense of urgency. Like showing more news reports of "paranormal activity" from the sun and stuff beyond Juno's stories would've weighed better importance. Maybe even show Abstergo's point of view and what they were trying to do? It just didn't feel like a big task while Team Assassin was all cooped up in their cave.

Best part of the game to me was the twist beginning sequences. I did not expect that at all. I know some of you all might not liked how they all got vilified later, but I didn't see that coming and loved it.

I was pretty hard on my so called first review of this game but now that I have been playing this game for a while now I really am enjoying it alot. I had to just realize that this game is not going to feel like the previous AC games with Ezio but still I am really loving this game. I have been doing alot of the side missions off and on which also makes the game fun and so far it seems as if this one has the longest single player story. Just imagine how cool this game would seem to be if no other Assassin's Creed games were ever put out. Yes...this is definately a better than average game. I could sit here and start listing out complaints but I'd rather just take the game for what it is and enjoy the Hell out of it.

Once again I am loving this game the more and more I play it. I just finished the "Battle of Yorktown" mission which was amazing. Again looking at this game in a different perspective such as (pretending no other Assassin's Creed games have ever been created before) this is a solid game with tons of side missions (while some may be kinda boring) but still they keep me putting in more hours and each evening I cannot wait to play this game.
So far the main campaign seems longer than the previous AC games and I have been taking my sweet arse time completing them,lol...I have a feeling the main campaign is about to end.

Also...without a doubt my favorite missions are all the Naval ones nothing beats a cool sailboat mission where you get to play basically a pirate destroying other sailboats with cannons...this is so satisfying.

I would highly reccomend this game to anyone looking for a kickas* game to have lots of fun with.

So far I only like using the Tomahawk as well as the hidden blade...the Swords are just so very unfitting in this game and he fights so much better with the Tomahawk anyway. Nothing beats taking someone out with a Tomahawk then quickly turning his shoulder over to take out another enemy with a quick bullet shot that knocks them down on their as*. :)
Not many weapons from the first ones you receive that are really worth purchasing besides the guns which are awesome (a double and triple gauge pistol Hell yes)...but again this is fine...the Tomahawk is IMO easily the best weapon one could have throughout the whole game.
So yes I love this game and definately has alot of replay value. :)

I know there are many other reviews good and bad about this game on this same thread but I noticed much like my very first comment, many are kinda negative. Anyone questioning whether or not they should purchase this game definately do so.
I bought the "Steelbook" edition off of Amazon for dirt cheap and think the Steelbook looks great. No...this version does not change the single player experience any but I am a sucker for steelbooks and also love the artwork it has on it as well... did I mention I purchased it dirt cheap...I paid less than half the retail version. :cool:
This is a ramble sorry if this is boring I am just in a chatty mood tonight.

I'm very late in this but I will be picking up "Skyrim" as soon as I finish this game. Oh yes:)

Last edited:
I think the whole settings and time the previous games played in were way more interesting than America. Not sure were this game series is heading to but the end of Desmond sucks IMO. Why make such a change? We're loosing our main character.

I think the whole settings and time the previous games played in were way more interesting than America. Not sure were this game series is heading to but the end of Desmond sucks IMO. Why make such a change? We're loosing our main character.

I think it would be cool if Ubisoft decided to go way back in time if they do another one...I'm talking back to the caveman days. Anyone see the '90's movie "Quest for Fire"? Yes that kind of feel for the next one. Just imagine having to create the first wheel in order to travel faster, lol.
Everything starts out very primitive. Your character works purely on instinct slowly starting to understand what emotions are such as laughter, love, sadness, anger...as well as first coming in contact with Fire and thinking it is some Godly creation and then learning how to create fire themselves...really trying to understand what these feelings are being that these are new species on Earth at the time.

Yes I would love to see Assassin's Creed rewind all the way back to B.C.

Last edited:
I have a theory that the ending allows Ubisoft to go back FURTHER in history with a new main character and that character's ancestral memories of Assassins. They can then revisit a lot of the time periods that fans have been asking for: Feudal Japan, Ancient Greece/Rome, etc.

If you notice a trend, the memories of Desmond's ancestors were progressively getting closer to the modern era. Altair and the Third Crusades were around 1180-1190, Ezio and the Renaissance was around 1400-1500, and Connor and the American Revolution was around the late 1700's. For Desmond, if Ubisoft followed that pattern, his next ancestor would've been after Connor in the 18th-19th century.

Back