Assassin's Creed 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a theory that the ending allows Ubisoft to go back FURTHER in history with a new main character and that character's ancestral memories of Assassins. They can then revisit a lot of the time periods that fans have been asking for: Feudal Japan, Ancient Greece/Rome, etc.

If you notice a trend, the memories of Desmond's ancestors were progressively getting closer to the modern era. Altair and the Third Crusades were around 1180-1190, Ezio and the Renaissance was around 1400-1500, and Connor and the American Revolution was around the late 1700's. For Desmond, if Ubisoft followed that pattern, his next ancestor would've been after Connor in the 18th-19th century.

I'd be up for these time periods. But absolutely not the caveman period.

I think it would be cool if Ubisoft decided to go way back in time if they do another one...I'm talking back to the caveman days. Anyone see the '90's movie "Quest for Fire"? Yes that kind of feel for the next one. Just imagine having to create the first wheel in order to travel faster, lol.
Everything starts out very primitive. Your character works purely on instinct slowly starting to understand what emotions are such as laughter, love, sadness, anger...as well as first coming in contact with Fire and thinking it is some Godly creation and then learning how to create fire themselves...really trying to understand what these feelings are being that these are new species on Earth at the time.

Yes I would love to see Assassin's Creed rewind all the way back to B.C.

No... Just, no.

I just finished this game and here are my thoughts...

I liked the game persay but it's definitely the weakest of the 3. Still better than Revelations but that's not saying much.

By biggest gripe is Connor. Connor seemed to like killing too much. Ezio and Altair always seemed to be about only killing the mark and then they respected the kill and the victim. Connor was all about marching in and killing everyone in sight. I kept thinking to myself how evil Connor was and I never thought that with the previous assassins.

I actually enjoyed the hunting in the game quite a bit. I found myself wanting to find all of the animals in the regions and spending way too much time just running around the frontier. I actually wish there was a bit more to the hunting, maybe having traders to trade certain types of pelts or needing to collect so many to complete certain missions. Yeah they had "collect 5 pelt" missions but I want something more flushed out.

As for the twist, loved it. Best part of the game. I agree with some that it seemed the templars became more evil after the twist but I just assumed it was because they became so much more powerful between the 2 time periods.

I liked the story missions pretty well. I missed the castles and it seemed like the developers did too. They had to work pretty hard to find missions that were on level ground. I especially didn't like the last 2 sequences as they seemed pretty rushed and the deaths of the final 2 templars just seemed anticlimactic. Gotta agree with others again that this game killed off some major protagonists and they all seemed so rushed and unimportant.

Another problem I had with the game was the mechanics. I never once used a tripmine or smoke grenade. I also saw no point in using anything other than the sword, hidden blade and bow/arrow. Why have a gun in the game with I can snipe a guy with a bow and make no noise? And one laughable thing was how simple some of the assassinations were. I found myself just running in to a fort at full speed past the guards and hidden blading the target in an instant, then suddenly the fort is empty of bad guys. Come on, the developers didn't see this issue?

Overall the game was OK but not as good as previous installments. I hope the next game goes in a very different direction as the formula seems to have gone stale.

I just finished this game and here are my thoughts...

I liked the game persay but it's definitely the weakest of the 3. Still better than Revelations but that's not saying much.

By biggest gripe is Connor. Connor seemed to like killing too much. Ezio and Altair always seemed to be about only killing the mark and then they respected the kill and the victim. Connor was all about marching in and killing everyone in sight. I kept thinking to myself how evil Connor was and I never thought that with the previous assassins.

I actually enjoyed the hunting in the game quite a bit. I found myself wanting to find all of the animals in the regions and spending way too much time just running around the frontier. I actually wish there was a bit more to the hunting, maybe having traders to trade certain types of pelts or needing to collect so many to complete certain missions. Yeah they had "collect 5 pelt" missions but I want something more flushed out.

As for the twist, loved it. Best part of the game. I agree with some that it seemed the templars became more evil after the twist but I just assumed it was because they became so much more powerful between the 2 time periods.

I liked the story missions pretty well. I missed the castles and it seemed like the developers did too. They had to work pretty hard to find missions that were on level ground. I especially didn't like the last 2 sequences as they seemed pretty rushed and the deaths of the final 2 templars just seemed anticlimactic. Gotta agree with others again that this game killed off some major protagonists and they all seemed so rushed and unimportant.

Another problem I had with the game was the mechanics. I never once used a tripmine or smoke grenade. I also saw no point in using anything other than the sword, hidden blade and bow/arrow. Why have a gun in the game with I can snipe a guy with a bow and make no noise? And one laughable thing was how simple some of the assassinations were. I found myself just running in to a fort at full speed past the guards and hidden blading the target in an instant, then suddenly the fort is empty of bad guys. Come on, the developers didn't see this issue?

Overall the game was OK but not as good as previous installments. I hope the next game goes in a very different direction as the formula seems to have gone stale.

Hmm...

Don't really agree with some of those things. I feel like Ezio was pretty cold-blooded to enemies (when he was young), and both he and Connor have very legitimate reasons to be angry at the world. Ezio just had a sense of humor and eventually grew into a wise, noble man. Connor is still young at the end, but doesn't have anyone to give him that "guidance" like the others had even at an older age.

I used the smoke bombs alot, especially when facing large forces. It just made some of the missions where you have to not take damage or kill a certain number of victims in a certain amount of time much easier since you don't have to wait to counter.

Pretty much agree with the other points.

Hmm...

Don't really agree with some of those things. I feel like Ezio was pretty cold-blooded to enemies (when he was young), and both he and Connor have very legitimate reasons to be angry at the world. Ezio just had a sense of humor and eventually grew into a wise, noble man. Connor is still young at the end, but doesn't have anyone to give him that "guidance" like the others had even at an older age.

I used the smoke bombs alot, especially when facing large forces. It just made some of the missions where you have to not take damage or kill a certain number of victims in a certain amount of time much easier since you don't have to wait to counter.

Pretty much agree with the other points.

My feeling is we could have done a bit more sneaking in the game and attempting to take down one leader instead of just attacking groups. I sadly can't think of specifics but the early adult missions of Connor always seemed to be immediatley about killing a target instead of trying to solve a situation another way.

My feeling is we could have done a bit more sneaking in the game and attempting to take down one leader instead of just attacking groups. I sadly can't think of specifics but the early adult missions of Connor always seemed to be immediatley about killing a target instead of trying to solve a situation another way.

I loved the mission of having to kill the general during the battle with all the shooting happening all around me. I wish there was more of that in the open space.

I'm sure many already know but the new DLC "the Infamy" is now available. I'm downloading it right now and still have half way to go on the download. I am looking forward to this DLC and hope it is better than the "Hidden Secrets". For $10.00 I expect to get more than an extra hour of gameplay.

I'm sure many already know but the new DLC "the Infamy" is now available. I'm downloading it right now and still have half way to go on the download. I am looking forward to this DLC and hope it is better than the "Hidden Secrets". For $10.00 I expect to get more than an extra hour of gameplay.

The hidden secrets was just the bonus missions that were offered as extra maps if you preordered the game. And I was so angry that I got the season pass and should've been able to play this DLC last week but every time I accessed it from the in game store, it would never let me download it!

This was another thing that bothered me about AC 3. Conner's approach to any situation, is basically to run in head first and start chopping with his tomahawk. There should be more to being an assassin than just that. I mean, what happened to things like spreading misinformation, blackmailing enemies to work for him - just anything that doesn't involve having to mass murder countless soldiers who are not on his side.

Anyone NOT play multiplayer that would like to sell me their second disk? I got this for Christmas and the main disk works fine but the second disk does not.... PM me

I only briefly played the first Assassin's Creed on my friends Xbox. Would I be able to pick this one up and jump in or will I be confused about background story etc etc?

I only briefly played the first Assassin's Creed on my friends Xbox. Would I be able to pick this one up and jump in or will I be confused about background story etc etc?

Yes you could but I highly suggest jumping into part 2 then Brotherhood afterwards. IMO those 2 are far better than ACIII.

Then if you are still up for it jump into ACIII.

If your still new to Assassin's Creed trust me you definately want to get the true amazing feeling that both part 2 and especially Brotherhood delivers.

ACIII to me was very uninspiring in comparison and just did not have that same feeling to it as being a true AC game.

Yes you could but I highly suggest jumping into part 2 then Brotherhood afterwards. IMO those 2 are far better than ACIII.

Then if you are still up for it jump into ACIII.

If your still new to Assassin's Creed trust me you definately want to get the true amazing feeling that both part 2 and especially Brotherhood delivers.

ACIII to me was very uninspiring in comparison and just did not have that same feeling to it as being a true AC game.

Thanks for the reply. So I don't really need to bother with the original AC?

I love the original and personally think it has the best style and like the straightforwardness of being an assassin and assassinating, the rest are more story driven with barely any focus on assassinating

For me its ACII > Brotherhood > Revelations > ACI > ACIII

if you're Getting ACII on PS3 just get the Ezio Trilogy

It's up to you. Personally, if you're curious about the story though, it would be good to read a synopsis of the plot from the original Assassin's Creed as they are all tied together.

If you feel the desire, you can play the first AC later on. It really is a pretty good game but AC2 is where the overall gameplay got much better.

There are also elements from AC:Revelations with Altair so it does help to have some understanding of the backstory on the character,

I like them all equally for me it's

AC1 = Style, favourite assassin
AC2 = Story, map
ACB = Training, weapons
ACR = Weapons, Altair parts
AC3 = Best graphics, best animation, good desmond missions

Back