Assassin's Creed 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Assassin's Creed 3 announced

wow...they'd want a pretty major overhaul to make it worthwhile.

Revelations was just as tired and old as Ezio's character.

October 30th.

I'm kinda tired of this series, to be honest. Hoping this one is a big departure from everything that has come before.

October 30th.

I'm kinda tired of this series, to be honest. Hoping this one is a big departure from everything that has come before.

No thanks. They've got something good going on let's not screw with it and mess it up.

I don't get why Brotherhood wasn't #3 and Revelations wasn't #4?

No thanks. They've got something good going on let's not screw with it and mess it up.

We are 4 games in and it's only been 5 years. I need this one to be different enough to warrant it being called 'Assassin's Creed 3".

Because they followed Ezio. I think they're trying to change the character for each numbered entry in the series.

i got bored with the repetitiveness of the series...so i dont know what happened story wise but if its possible, it would be cool to play only as desmond in a modern/futuristic setting

Because they were extensions of Ezio's story from AC2

AC3 will feature a completely new character like Ezio was in AC2 from Altair in AC1

_______

This is damn soon though, i haven't even got Revalations yet, too many triple-A games i'm still playing.

We are 4 games in and it's only been 5 years. I need this one to be different enough to warrant it being called 'Assassin's Creed 3".

Like I said if its not broke don't fix it. Type thing for me anyways.

AC2 was a good bit different than AC1..l

Fleshed out story
Mission variety
Locale variety
Deeper main character

So AC3 should up the ante on all of those and more for it to be different.

I'd like to see Rural Japan with a woman as the main character, maybe the first female assasin of the order?

I haven't even played brotherhood or revelations. And now a new is coming out?! Slow down. Lol

i got bored with the repetitiveness of the series...so i dont know what happened story wise but if its possible, it would be cool to play only as desmond in a modern/futuristic setting

The one major problem that I see with a futuristic setting (even a modern setting), is how Ubisoft can possibly implement modern weapons into the Assassin's Creed universe, without completely overhauling the current game-play mechanics of the series. I always remember the end of Assassin's Creed 2, when Desmond was slitting throats with a police baton, and waving it around like a sword :lol :slap.

So, I think Assassin's Creed will have to remain in the past; preferably at a time when swords were still being widely used, and when gun technology was still in its infancy. A proper futuristic or modern setting just isn't possible for where the series is right now, and Ubisoft doesn't seem to be interested in dedicating a lot of time toward development, as they're releasing a new Assassin's Creed game every year.

The one major problem that I see with a futuristic setting (even a modern setting), is how Ubisoft can possibly implement modern weapons into the Assassin's Creed universe, without completely overhauling the current game-play mechanics of the series. I always remember the end of Assassin's Creed 2, when Desmond was slitting throats with a police baton, and waving it around like a sword :lol :slap.

So, I think Assassin's Creed will have to remain in the past; preferably at a time when swords were still being widely used, and when gun technology was still in its infancy. A proper futuristic or modern setting just isn't possible for where the series is right now, and Ubisoft doesn't seem to be interested in dedicating a lot of time toward development, as they're releasing a new Assassin's Creed game every year.

Lightsabers :lecture

Back