Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn
Legolas
Boromir
Frodo
Sam
Gandalf

and...

wait for it...

A little longer...

Faramir :monkey1

Faramir's issue isn't the sculpt. The likeness is actually pretty solid to David Wenham but the glossy paint job on the face just hurt that figure.

Never said it was... to me he was just such an oddball release. A villian or Gimili would have been much better than Boromir's kid brother :lol

And of course the paintwork on Faramir was atrocious; great looking outfit though. I remember some custom reworks of it that looked fantastic.

Faramir's issue isn't the sculpt. The likeness is actually pretty solid to David Wenham but the glossy paint job on the face just hurt that figure.

Yup. I have seen picture of one or two repainted Faramirs that turned out really good. Sadlyy mine is still glossy. :gah:

I was okay with Gimli being the last of the fellowship for SS to tackle since the Toy Biz one with a SS cloak is an okay stand in but they never even made it to the hobbits. I think they designed Faramir when their intentions were for the line to be long lasting and successful for many years. If they had known how short lived it would be they might have just tried to get the fellowship out as fast as possible or never made any.

I think basically the orcs will be one one and you buy the armor as like an upgrade kit. So those who want the cheap route can just buy orcs without armor, if you want the whole thing you buy the armor as a separate item.

Never said it was... to me he was just such an oddball release. A villian or Gimili would have been much better than Boromir's kid brother :lol

I guess it would be depending on how hard you are into collecting The Lord of the Rings. Long story short he's a character we had been asking to get made for a long time. Rumor holds he was coming in the SSW statue line before it went away in 2005. So that is the reason most of us believe he came around so quickly in the 1:6th line and why Lurtz was the first PF.

Yup. I have seen picture of one or two repainted Faramirs that turned out really good. Sadlyy mine is still glossy. :gah:

I was okay with Gimli being the last of the fellowship for SS to tackle since the Toy Biz one with a SS cloak is an okay stand in but they never even made it to the hobbits. I think they designed Faramir when their intentions were for the line to be long lasting and successful for many years. If they had known how short lived it would be they might have just tried to get the fellowship out as fast as possible or never made any.

I've got a repainted Faramir that came out really nice. Its a fair improvement over the factory paint. That's what I did with my ToyBiz Gimli that was repainted. It looks pretty darn cool as well.

And of course the paintwork on Faramir was atrocious; great looking outfit though. I remember some custom reworks of it that looked fantastic.

Faramir.

AKA: Linekiller.

All the whining and complaining is actually very enjoyable to read...at least it is nice seeing people caring and excited over the potential this line holds.

My fear...that the first couple offerings will doom the line like the recent CANCELLATION of NECA's 1/4 scale figures due to lack of sales! Faramir was a great IDEA, but executed so poorly that it did the line in!

Geb

Wow. $150 would be a great price ... but I have my doubts you could do a really top-shelf costume and head sculpt for that. Those costumes are crazy complicated. Really looking forward to see what they come up with though. Fingers firmly crossed.

Wow. $150 would be a great price ... but I have my doubts you could do a really top-shelf costume and head sculpt for that. Those costumes are crazy complicated. Really looking forward to see what they come up with though. Fingers firmly crossed.
Quoted from username Asmus on OSW.
"Prices will be around $150 for deluxe edition,
there will also be some role characters which may be cheaper"

Intresting. Maybe they aren't paying a high liscencing fee and that helps the costs. I for one am happy that the goal is $150 and under. If the quality at least matches Sideshows I am going want to jump on board and 4 $150 figures a year is do-able.

317452_10151345142866968_795361712_n.jpg

Oh my :panic::panic::panic:

Back