Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely will be fun to see them try. There will be a scramble at some bottleneck point.

But so far we know we have coming:

Preorders:
Gothmog
Gandalf

Bits we've seen:
Aragorn
Guritz
Mouth of Sauron

Pieces we've heard mentioned:
Gimli

Hoping for:
Saruman
Lurtz

That quote above is from January. We've had a lot of news since then, some additional preorders, and a few more mentioned figures in the works: Eowyn, Aragorn Strider, Saruman.

Wonder if its time to bring this thread back since Asmus is not answering in his own thread so much right now. We can discuss in here without Asmus thinking we're asking questions.

Does anyone have a listing of all the figures we've seen teases of characters or of the characters that Asmus mentioned are on the books to be made?

If not, we can start one:

In hand:
Witch-King
Gothmog

Preorders:
Guritz
Gandalf
Ringwraith and Steed

In the works:
Aragorn
Mouth of Sauron
Eowyn

Promised pieces:
Gimli
Saruman (next year)

Let me know what other figures anyone here remembers mention of as something that is actively being produced. That means, if Asmus responded that they were working on that exact figure, not a "wish list" please.

Last edited:
Continuing with THE LIST of Asmus offerings:

In hand:
Witch-King
Gothmog

Preorders:
Guritz
Gandalf
Ringwraith and Steed

In the works:
Aragorn
Mouth of Sauron
Eowyn
Sauron

Promised pieces:
Gimli
Saruman (next year)

Sauron? Where did you read that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sauron? Where did you read that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Asmus mentioned it several times, said to possibly expect it next year. Not sure which thread, maybe in here some pages back.

EDIT:

Found one ref in this Ask Asmus thread...

Once we got photos from the factory, I will post here to share with you guys~

MOS, and Sauron will all defintely be done, don't worry~
may not be as soon, because we have just made a Ringwraith stead, so going to wait a while and make sure we get a good grip on the horse before go on to another horse figure~

There was also a post somewhere where he said not to expect Sauron before 2015.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping they actually mean Sauron. That would rock so hard. But they've had some troubles in the past with spelling (I don't think English is a first language.) So I figure there's at least a chance they might mean Saruman.

Which I would also totally love, but maybe not quite so much as a two foot Sauron figure.

I just want a Merry, Pip, and Gimli to go with Frodo and Sam, so my Fellowship will be complete. I've been using the old Toy Biz Gimli that's shorter than the Hobbits. Has to his his lack of height behind a fake rock base. Though...a Legolas that actually looks like Legolas wouldn't hurt...

Back