Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's ASMUS accessory pack they could sell - the sculpt, another book, and an upgraded hat. I wouldn't mind having an extra pipe too.
Now that is a great idea! The sculpt is already on the table, but an open book and better hat with another pipe? Im definitely in for it. The book is such a wasted opportunity...

Now that is a great idea! The sculpt is already on the table, but an open book and better hat with another pipe? Im definitely in for it. The book is such a wasted opportunity...
It is. If you put that much time into researching the actual book, and go to the effort of printing actual pages - it's hard for people who appreciate to-scale miniatures and details, and then you can't open the thing. :pfft: :banghead

Well with mine, it's the end pages being glued to the cover. &^%$ assembly really. I could open the cover but would have to rip the end pages. And it looks like a staple was used to hold the pages together. ASMUS should sell the book separately so folks could make an open, permanently glued version for Gandalf.

For now I just store the book. There's ASMUS accessory pack they could sell - the sculpt, another book, and an upgraded hat. I wouldn't mind having an extra pipe too.:gandalf
A staff with the pipe hole too

That confused the hell out of me when I first got this figure. I kept wondering how they had it "hanging" from the staff because there obviously wasn't a hole. Then I just realized it wasn't hanging they simply didn't make the hole on mine. :lol So I just drilled my own.
Yeah, I gotta drill mine, but do appreciate the sharp detail of the staffs.

That confused the hell out of me when I first got this figure. I kept wondering how they had it "hanging" from the staff because there obviously wasn't a hole. Then I just realized it wasn't hanging they simply didn't make the hole on mine. :lol So I just drilled my own.
Mine didn’t have a hole either. I haven’t tried drilling it yet.

Definitely a nice figure. The unnecessary movable eyes are a shame. Could really use a wire in the outer cloak. And the beard needs a trim. Lot of goodness here though.

B14A69F1-74AE-415E-BE8D-EF4AABD0638D.jpeg

So Asmus should level up their standards before it’s too late.
Queen Studios will release Gandalf the Grey soon

Attachments

• 0D7E7BD7-B5C3-494E-A684-6AEE8F360F1A.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Ordered the Crown Gandalf from Asmus the other day. Decided that even though I'll be getting an InArt version of Gandalf, I couldn't pass on Asmus's version.

I gotta say Asmus's shipping is fantastic. I've recently ordered a Frodo, and now Gandalf, and both arrived at my house from Taiwan in 2 days. Pretty dang impressive.

Will be unboxing Gandalf this afternoon. Can't wait to see him. I'll try to post some pics of the pair in the near future.

Ordered the Crown Gandalf from Asmus the other day. Decided that even though I'll be getting an InArt version of Gandalf, I couldn't pass on Asmus's version.

I gotta say Asmus's shipping is fantastic. I've recently ordered a Frodo, and now Gandalf, and both arrived at my house from Taiwan in 2 days. Pretty dang impressive.

Will be unboxing Gandalf this afternoon. Can't wait to see him. I'll try to post some pics of the pair in the near future.
IMO a beautiful fig and version of Gandalf, personally love the sculpt (yeah, there's the eye thing, but it depends on the light how dark his eyes look). The hair is really effective. And ASMUS never stints on the costumes with a good amount of fabric. I have fixable issues setting up the mailbox too, but like Gandalf without the fence anyway. Would love to grab a second base someplace for my young Bilbo.

Back