Dragon Toy - The Dark Ruler 1/6 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. Holy cow this thing is massive. I just wish it came with a stand since it doesn’t want to stay up.Please friend, could you confirm if yours has this mobility like mine?
Please, friend, could you confirm if yours has this mobility like the Mine?

Attachments

• IMG_9100.mov
    28 MB
Please, friend, could you confirm if yours has this mobility like the Mine?
I have just checked mine as well. If Sauron is bent forward, then yes, it falls back with the same mobility.
Of course, if Sauron is standing straight, then there is only a little movement because there is not as much distance to travel.
It is a heavy figure and I don't think this is unexpected. It does not seem to be a problem when the figure is upright as normal.

Well, I had this guy out of the box for about 10 minutes before he fell over and both pegs attached to the shoulder armor snapped. I've tried gluing them back on, but they aren't staying. Every time I adjust them back into place it snaps right off again. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

1000014568.jpg

1000014567.jpg

Last edited:
That;s my big fear. It feels so much like a NECA figure. You must get a crotch or doll stand for this.

I have no idea how to band plastic to plastic. People use superglue with baking powder for a stronger bond...but other than that, no clue!

I do repairs now and then using superglu and baking powder or using a moldable plastic like instamorph....but the jobs are never super clean, and you need to still be careful.

have you tried a two part epoxy? It takes a bit of time to set, but once it does it's strong as hell.
You'll have to sand off/remove any prior glues used for previous repairs.
Plumbers epoxy putty can also be your friend depending on the situation.

I picked up one of these stands and it seems to serve the figure well enough, nothing exciting to report. Might be nice if it were a little wider for even more stability, but certainly an improvement over freestanding.

Well, I had this guy out of the box for about 10 minutes before he fell over and both pegs attached to the shoulder armor snapped. I've tried gluing them back on, but they aren't staying. Every time I adjust them back into place it snaps right off again. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

View attachment 690351
View attachment 690352
Mine came with both shoulder pieces unglued. At first I wanted to fix it but then I noticed that you can simply pose the figure and then lay the armor pieces on top of the shoulders. This way they lay closer to the body making the figure more screen accurate.

My dreams of him holding the mace up high in a striking position were dashed by the wrists.

Still it was a great buy. Compared to the $1400 weta statue on eBay.

Also the blaliden is so damn narrow that his mace can be pressed against the frame to hold him up

received it in the mail today and dam that is a big box. I am surprised by the weight though, lighter than thought.

Can't wait to open it

A quick updated after posing mine. Actually having the shoulder pads unglued allows for easy posing, not having to worry about breaking anything while moving the arms. The pads sit nicely on the figure’s shoulder so it’s no big deal. Some joints are nice and tight while some other are loose. I didn’t trust the ankle articulation so I put togheter a small base with crotch grabber so the figure can stand safe.
Once properly posed this looks magnificent. As I said earlier many details are missing but from a distance this looks straight out of the movie.
View attachment 683435View attachment 683436
I am not a huge fan, but I am curious. What are the most significant lacks?
Thx.

Dammit.

I had FINALLY managed to convince that nagging voice in my head that kept insisting I needed this ... that it was too expensive to pick up on the secondary market. :lol

Thank you for the tip! This is a good website to order from?
Gundamit is another branch of ShowZ, which is very reliable. I've been ordering from them for years and their support has always come through for me when I needed it.

Back