Dragon Toy - The Dark Ruler 1/6 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a good seller. I hesitated when they first released this figure then jumped on the second batch because of the good experience others posted here.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered one. I thought it had become a lost cause but I'm happy to see they got a new batch

I found this figure fantastic. More people should order this fantastic figure. Cannot beat that price for plastic.

Damn did that sell out fast.

I enjoy it. It can’t pose very well but it does have presence and is a much better value then any Sauron out right now.

This bad boy arrived after the total eclipse.

Attachments

• 20240315_224254.jpg
    20240315_224254.jpg
    928.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240315_224205.jpg
    20240315_224205.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
This bad boy arrived after the total eclipse.
That is for sure one cool-looking Dark Lord, but have you modded the eyes? They look as if you had put LEDs in them.

My main gripe w/ this figure: ridicule torso vs hips. All statues of Sauron from the past have bulkier torsos, at least as thick as the hips, and that looks good. But not this.... Do you owners think it should/can be fixed? Have you?

Thx.

I sold mine off, Gonna wait for InArt to do 1/6 Sauron. I don't like the visible elbow joints and the overall proportion of the figure seems a bit off.

I sold mine off, Gonna wait for InArt to do 1/6 Sauron. I don't like the visible elbow joints and the overall proportion of the figure seems a bit off.
Fair points. He is wide at the hips.

I don’t think inart will do a Sauron for years though if ever. The only accurate Sauron in 1/6 are weta statues and the last one released at $999 and resells for $1400

I placed red gemstones into the eye socket with double sided tape. I also cut leather material to hide the arm joints and hip joints above the leg armour.

Fair points. He is wide at the hips.

I don’t think inart will do a Sauron for years though if ever. The only accurate Sauron in 1/6 are weta statues and the last one released at $999 and resells for $1400
I don't think either.
Those statues are on point, yes. But do you guys think the hips problem can be solved by somehow changing the shape of the torso armour and modding the underlying body's hips to match the look of the statues?

I placed red gemstones into the eye socket with double sided tape. I also cut leather material to hide the arm joints and hip joints above the leg armour.
Nice touches.
But are those joints really visible? What is the problem? Can't you tweak the armour to hide them?
Thx.

Doubt inArt will ever make one. Just looking at their line ups per license and time of release per figure. Asmus has a bigger chance of making one but even for them, they had the LOTR license for a long time yet they still haven't released a single sauron.

I don't mind the joints at all I mean its is an action figure after all and I have other figures with visible joints. For the price I paid ($210) I just can't go wrong with this one I just treat it like a 1/4 neca figure.

Last edited:
Doubt inArt will ever make one. Just looking at their line ups per license and time of release per figure. Asmus has a bigger chance of making one but even them, had the LOTR license for a long time still hasn't eleased a single sauron.

I don't mind the joints at all I mean its is an action figure after all and I have other figures with visible joints. For the price I paid ($210) I just can't go wrong this one I just treat it like a 1/4 neca figure.
I have faith that a better 1/6 Sauron will come someday, whether it'd be from Asmus or InArt or some other 3rd party company.

Well, mine finally arrived. And its broken. Arm is snapped right off. So freaking pissed. I ordered this from Gundamit. Anyone who shop there had this kind of experience? What do I do? And will they refund this?
20240421_215514.jpg

Sorry to hear about that, I'm in the exact same situation trying to get a refund or replacement for the same broken arm on mine.

They claim they've sent a replacement figure but it's taking longer than the original to ship, if it even exists.

They are out of stock of it so I dont see how they will be able to send a replacement. Did you have to send the broken one back? Do they give you a label for that at least?

Well, mine finally arrived. And its broken. Arm is snapped right off. So freaking pissed. I ordered this from Gundamit. Anyone who shop there had this kind of experience? What do I do? And will they refund this? View attachment 699125
I had literally the same issue except my shoulder armor peg was also busted on the other arm.

I sent in a replacement request and got a response pretty quickly. However, after 6 weeks the first package never moved, so I contacted CS, and they informed that the initial package wasn't sent out properly. They sent out the package again, and it did move a bit to leave China, but it has since been sitting in a warehouse somewhere still on the same notification. It's been about 4 weeks so far. We'll see if it arrives soon, and if it does, I'll post it here.

I also ordered mine from Gundamit.

I felt like Sauron's paint job seemed a little flat, so I tried to give more depth to mine. Did a light gold wash and added some fires of Mordor ashy black highlights. Might be too gold, I don't know lol.
0-18.jpeg

Well, mine finally arrived. And its broken. Arm is snapped right off.
I'm in the exact same situation trying to get a refund or replacement for the same broken arm on mine.
I had literally the same issue except my shoulder armor peg was also busted on the other arm.

Had no idea this was a common problem.

Even people who received a 'good one' better hope it never falls over. Sounds like really cheap plastic.

Back