Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick report. I did the modification myself. Didn’t need any of the tools that he uses in the video. It’s pretty easy to pull everything out by hand. Used Sideshow Kurgan’s bald head to stretch the hat out. What do you guys think? I’m not 100% satisfied myself, but it certainly looks better than it does out of the box.View attachment 563750
looks pretty good. Profile shot please.

looks pretty good. Profile shot please.
Here it is.
A6652C49-8CFC-45EB-ACC5-5378554E5B4F.jpeg

Woah! This may be old news, but did anybody realize there's a whole second base under the bag end portion? I guess if you want something more simplistic?

It appears that it was glued, but it's sculpted and the display rod plugs in to the hole.View attachment 563811View attachment 563812
Woah- basically the perfect Moria base!

So can the Bag End part still be displayed? If so, I’ll end up doing this and using the gate for Old Man Bilbo once he’s released.

I was thinking the same thing, Chopper Face.

ShadowGuardian, can you please post a pic of the Bag End part alone?
Unfortunately I have already shipped it off! I only realized the double base as I was boxing it up for a new owner.

But essentially the bag end portion has a peg on the bottom to plug into the "Moria" base. If the bag end part can't sit flat, you would just need to cut down that peg and then you'd have 2 seperate bases.

Unfortunately I have already shipped it off! I only realized the double base as I was boxing it up for a new owner.

But essentially the bag end portion has a peg on the bottom to plug into the "Moria" base. If the bag end part can't sit flat, you would just need to cut down that peg and then you'd have 2 seperate bases.
Thanks for the info!

I haven't been back here since I first bought the figure. Anyone else have problems with the mailbox? The tooling is bad. The post barely sits into the base and eventually falls out. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on a better fix other than blu- tack?

I haven't been back here since I first bought the figure. Anyone else have problems with the mailbox? The tooling is bad. The post barely sits into the base and eventually falls out. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on a better fix other than blu- tack?
I used hot glue with mine.

Back