Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances that SSC will get their stock of this fig? Has anyone received their GTG as ordered through SSC?

Would be nice to know if Asmus is planning to fulfill SSC's orders.

Has anyone contacted Sideshow customer service lately to inquire about that?

We will fulfill ALL the orders in March 2022 (finally...)
and will be continue to work on Gandalf the White

Asmus, please, PLEASE can you confirm when Sideshow will be getting their stock of GTG, and will Sideshow be getting all their orders at once or in multiple batches?
Sideshow is unable to give any information on this, so it is only Asmus that can confirm when Sideshow orders will be fulfilled?

We will fulfill ALL the orders in March 2022 (finally...)
and will be continue to work on Gandalf the White
Can you please please give crown GTW his Narya ring as seen in the movies? I think this would be an awesome extra and important. Thank you!

Asmus, please, PLEASE can you confirm when Sideshow will be getting their stock of GTG, and will Sideshow be getting all their orders at once or in multiple batches?
Sideshow is unable to give any information on this, so it is only Asmus that can confirm when Sideshow orders will be fulfilled?
From the post above, it sounds like they should get stock in March, or at least have it sent to them then. But hopefully Asmus can confirm.

Sideshow's orders are shipped in different batches,
I think the last batch will be after Chinese New Year.
I think the pandemic has delayed their shipment terribly, but they have been a good partner as always,
so I am sure orders with them are safe and sound

So the waiting for getting just the head for my V1 didn't pay off i guess

They did say this on the 19th in the ask Asmus thread, so there might still be hope. But I do agree, I'll believe it when I see it, as that has been said quite often already.
Either way, I'm glad I got the entire figure to secure my copy.

Copy that,
I will pass forward the idea.

We are not a big fan of doing a 2.0, it feels kinda wrong to multiply collecting the same characters over and over again...
so we will have Gandalf Crown head and Legolas head ready in upgrade packs shortly.
And hopefully if there is any new version of other characters without too much difference, we will offer the same as well.

@Sassafras please see above
Thank you - supposedly Gandalf from SSC will arrive tomorrow. It's been such a long wait I refuse to get excited until that box is in my hands.

Tho I am not blaming ASMUS or SSC; we are in difficult times and shipping is a mess. Hopefully after these holidays and the Chinese New Year things will settle down a bit.

And SSC does seem to get shipments in batches; possibly coz I read due to fuel costs a cargo ship will not leave the dock unless it is completely full. Like I got an HT Mandalorian fig way before other folks; just luck from whenever a batch came into SSC.

Assume I got lucky with Crown Gandalf this month. I hope. I have a notice it will arrive tomorrow but am so jaded not sure I believe. :D

Sassafras, I hope your Gandalf does arrive safe and sound tomorrow. I think you will find it was worth the wait. (y)

Mine is finally arrived Thursday (apparently), I have low expectations from what I've seen in photos but we shall see. I'm willing to give it a chance in hand even though I've never been impressed by a figure in hand that I didn't like the photos for.

Mine is finally arrived Thursday (apparently), I have low expectations from what I've seen in photos but we shall see. I'm willing to give it a chance in hand even though I've never been impressed by a figure in hand that I didn't like the photos for.
Has your Aragorn arrived from Popcultcha yet?or what happened in the end?

So Thursday means today according to FedEx.

Unfortunately I still have issues with the eyes in hand, they look exactly like all of the photos I’ve seen, so I don’t think I’ll be keeping him.

Hoping for an improvement in that department for Gandalf the White.

Sassafras, I hope your Gandalf does arrive safe and sound tomorrow. I think you will find it was worth the wait. (y)
Thank you😊! Supposedly he is on the truck out for delivery (along with my Iron Studios 1/4 Black Widow statue). Might be a busy afternoon for me🙏.

And then I can finally order Legolas - am behind the curve I know, but working hard to be financially sensible. Have strained myself with POs stacked up in the past.😨😨😨

If Gandalf shows up, am sorry our snow is melting; thought some snow pics would have been cool.

Edit: And at long last, arrived. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to. 😁
Few quick picks - too tired to really work with him, and anyway need him to warm up from the cold box. Some futzing to do; nothing major. Overall, am very, very pleased and great sculpt and sterling work from ASMUS on the costume. Great fabrics and accessories; and of course, hair!👏👏👏👏👏

ASMUS_cr_gandalf1.jpg

ASMUS_cr_gandalf2.jpg

Last edited:
Back