Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do some paint touch up on hair and eyebrows, but he looks really good as is!
51613188768_d2fc385d31_b.jpg

51613188793_4fdb80f585_b.jpg

51613188748_75cc384fd3_b.jpg

51613843160_0a96fbb8c0_b.jpg

51613843060_f2b3cf5a4c_b.jpg
Love the dark lighting, i can almost hear the Uruks approaching and Gimil muttering something out of view.. Very happy to be getting this one, I doubt anyone who gets it will be disappointed

Patience. They sent Arwen out in waves, I'm sure this will be the same. Give it some time.
Lol. Easier said than done.

To be honest it’s really just the peace of mind that Asmus still has my order in their system that I am really antsy for. I can wait for my figure as long as I know I am getting it eventually. I emailed their customer service but have not heard back yet.

Sorry for crap photos, I really need to get off my lazy ass and change out the backdrop to something darker instead of using the packing foam that the whole thing arrived in. A couple quick shots -- my one nit is the floor of the base needs to be double the size (since it's so high with the Orc ladder that it won't fit in a typical Detolf anyway, to accommodate the "torch" and for more dynamic poses). Otherwise, it's a really cool figure and diorama.

_DSC3471.JPG

_DSC3472.JPG

_DSC3473.JPG

_DSC3476.JPG

_DSC3477.JPG

Last edited:
Lol. Easier said than done.

To be honest it’s really just the peace of mind that Asmus still has my order in their system that I am really antsy for. I can wait for my figure as long as I know I am getting it eventually. I emailed their customer service but have not heard back yet.
Trust me, I went through this with my Arwen deluxe from them. I paid my invoice and then didn't get a shipping notice for two weeks...and plenty of people didn't receive invoices when I paid mine. I believe all have since gotten their figure.

I know it's easier said than done to be patient but just trying to give you peace of mind that I had this work out already with them so I'm sure yours will too.

As you can see the sculpted hair is painted really nicely to match the rooted part. One of my main concerns was the mismatch in color but mine at least has some kind of shiny coat or wash to brighten out the crayola yellow we have seen. View attachment 542266View attachment 542267
Wow, the match in hair color (sculpted and rooted) on your figure looks much better, at least from your pics, than on mine.
Even in person the difference in shades on my figure is quite noticeable. That’s my one major complaint. Seems like paint apps on the sculpted hair vary from batch to batch.

Attachments

• 43EE909C-3162-4083-8786-43072CE69FAF.jpeg
    43EE909C-3162-4083-8786-43072CE69FAF.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 54
The difference between the v1 outfit and v2 outfit seem minimal. I wonder if I can just get a v2 head to upgrade my old Legolas?

Is there a greater difference between outfits than appears to be the case in the photos?

I'm going back and forth on this one.

Some pics of the head sculpt look great and some just don't convince me that I need to update from my version 1.0.

I'm with Wor-Gar, in regards to just upgrading the sculpt, if possible. I know that you can't see it from regular poses but that sculpted to faux hair gap just doesn't thrill me.

Is that the ACI Aragorn in the background? I really like the facial sculpting on your Aragorn figure.

And your pics of Legolas are what have me considering picking him up. Great job.
It is ACI Aragorn indeed. I need to give him some hair treatment, but I'm too lazy.
For Legolas, I'm glad to be of help lol! :hi5:

It is out of stock in Asmus site. Hopefully there are more batches will be restocked 😩

It is out of stock in Asmus site. Hopefully there are more batches will be restocked 😩
There must be more coming. I haven’t received my invoice yet but they did send me an email letting me know that my order was still good and that they will send me an invoice when it’s ready to ship. It’s a little frustrating waiting when I ordered it and all their other LOTR releases once they go up (might have been up for a couple hours before I noticed it) but as long as my order is still good I am okay.

Thanks again to those posting the pictures. I will appreciate the figure from afar for a whole longer I guess.

There must be more coming. I haven’t received my invoice yet but they did send me an email letting me know that my order was still good and that they will send me an invoice when it’s ready to ship. It’s a little frustrating waiting when I ordered it and all their other LOTR releases once they go up (might have been up for a couple hours before I noticed it) but as long as my order is still good I am okay.

Thanks again to those posting the pictures. I will appreciate the figure from afar for a whole longer I guess.
Well, can't afford him at the moment, not till next month. And I hate having anything in order around the holidays, when shipping becomes a mess. Maybe I will go through Sideshow and be guaranteed he won't show until far in the future. I'd like the diorama but won't go into a meltdown if I can't get it. I think Aragorn's display would be enough for Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas as background.

The difference between the v1 outfit and v2 outfit seem minimal. I wonder if I can just get a v2 head to upgrade my old Legolas?

Is there a greater difference between outfits than appears to be the case in the photos?
*The silver under tunic is better material and sewing pattern
* Lothlorien cloak is better material and color and the leaf clasp is oriented accurately this time
* The jerkin/outer tunic is longer than V1 and the the flaps are more accurate
* Pants seem slightly different as well, improved material and color
* Entirely new system for quiver and knife sheaths, mix of plastic and cloth so the sheaths are removable and covered in cloth

*The silver under tunic is better material and sewing pattern
* Lothlorien cloak is better material and color and the leaf clasp is oriented accurately this time
* The jerkin/outer tunic is longer than V1 and the the flaps are more accurate
* Pants seem slightly different as well, improved material and color
* Entirely new system for quiver and knife sheaths, mix of plastic and cloth so the sheaths are removable and covered in cloth

Thanks for that!

Back