Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the photos. Man...I'm disappointed by how this figure ended up looking. The hair colour is just not good.

The face sculpt doesn't look too bad but the execution of the hair is absolutely horrendous. The yellow paint is ugly and a complete mismatch of the rooted part. The combination of rooted and sculpted does not work well here either, the transition section from the back makes this one of the most visually unappealing sculpts I have ever seen.

In their defense it's not the easiest hairstyle to pull off and I think you either have to go all in on complex rooted or do a really nice sculpting job and sacrifice some head articulation. The newest HT Black Widow is a good example of sculpted done better.

Last edited:
Original Legolas with troll had a better likeness. Everything below sculpt looks great. What a shame. Companies should not be taking steps back with later releases. Neither Helms Deep Aragorn or this have a better likeness than their originals.

Original Legolas with troll had a better likeness. Everything below sculpt looks great. What a shame. Companies should not be taking steps back with later releases. Neither Helms Deep Aragorn or this have a better likeness than their originals.

Well, if it had been Thorin - my fav Middle Earth character - I'd be a lot more futzed. But Thorin came out stellar.:love

But up on a shelf, Aragorn and Legolas will look OK. Having the stellar Gimli in the group will help. It's just Aragorn and Legolas are kinda - generic, I guess. I'm less worried about the hair than some. At least we should be able to do an arrow-draw pose without plastic hair affecting articulation.

The sculpt doesn't look as bad to me as some of you guys are saying. It's not a home run by any stretch but I really don't think it's terrible either. The hair coloring is the biggest concern, it's just really a shame Asmus dropped the ball there or the figure would be getting many more positive posts. Everything that isn't the head is spectacular.

I may have the head repainted to see if that helps the figure out.

I would paint the hair lighter to match the rooted hair as close to prototype as possible. Definitely wouldn’t paint it a richer, darker gold. That’s my preference of course.

I would paint the hair lighter to match the rooted hair as close to prototype as possible. Definitely wouldn’t paint it a richer, darker gold. That’s my preference of course.
I actually thought about painting the rooted hair to match the top.

The rooted hair is actually quite nice. It has multiple colors blended in. Subtle, so you need to have it in hand to see it clearly.

Can’t wait to see what everyone does with theirs once they get it. Any modification option is good as long as you’re happy (apart from leaving it as is).

What kind of paint did you use?
D6876C0D-8655-482D-9700-3AE5710A8871.jpeg

It came out a little too shiny. Need to apply a layer of dull coat to flat it out a bit

First of all, I have to say that the pictures that has recently shown our friend Stanlore are fantastic, and thanks to him all of us have been able to see how really looks this figure.

Anyway, here go some more pics with different natural light and angles that I have found right now on Instagram 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_153842.jpg
    IMG_20210922_153842.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210922_153904.jpg
    IMG_20210922_153904.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 121
Is the outfit new? Retailored or is it the same as the V1?

I dunno guys, I'm really leaning towards canceled my order. I love the look with the armor, but Im not feeling the sculpt/hair. Best part of this set is the diorama which I would love to have so I'm a bit torn on this one....

Is the outfit new? Retailored or is it the same as the V1?

I dunno guys, I'm really leaning towards canceled my order. I love the look with the armor, but Im not feeling the sculpt/hair. Best part of this set is the diorama which I would love to have so I'm a bit torn on this one....
I bet you could make a base that looks as cool as this one.

First of all, I have to say that the pictures that has recently shown our friend Stanlore are fantastic, and thanks to him all of us have been able to see how really looks this figure.

Anyway, here go some more pics with different natural light and angles that I have found right now on Instagram 😁
Think he looks great there!

Looks really good to me there. I know some people are still sour on this sculpt but I feel better about it as I see more and more photos coming in. I think this is going to be one that just needs to be in hand to appreciate.

Looks really good to me there. I know some people are still sour on this sculpt but I feel better about it as I see more and more photos coming in. I think this is going to be one that just needs to be in hand to appreciate.
The figure looks great. The sculpt is a realistic sculpt. It just looks very little like Orlando Bloom as Legolas. If this were a generic elven soldier it would be fantastic. Even the prototype they showed didn’t look much like Legolas. But at least it had a bad ass determined look to it which is lost on this.

Back