Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol some pictures look great and some look just okay. I guess I will see when mine finally arrives. Has anyone that ordered the luxury/deluxe version received an yet? I have not received mine. Still waiting for my Arwen to ship too.

The likeness is definitely looking a tad generic now but I'd still give it a slight edge over the V1 whose features always seemed a bit too exaggerated and caricaturish to me. The new sculpt looks much more like a real person now (if not exactly Orlando Bloom). In any case I'll probably be doing a slight repaint to bring it at least back to the proto look.

Lol some pictures look great and some look just okay. I guess I will see when mine finally arrives. Has anyone that ordered the luxury/deluxe version received an yet? I have not received mine. Still waiting for my Arwen to ship too.
I was just about to write the same thing. But even the great pictures don't capture Orlando Bloom, as davejames mentioned above.

I have to say that I still prefer the original Legolas sculpt, though. Even with the molded hair, the face looks more like Mr. Bloom, to me. But like Rzeznikk mentioned, I wouldn't mind having the diorama pieces from the newer release.

The likeness is definitely looking a tad generic now but I'd still give it a slight edge over the V1 whose features always seemed a bit too exaggerated and caricaturish to me. The new sculpt looks much more like a real person now (if not exactly Orlando Bloom). In any case I'll probably be doing a slight repaint to bring it at least back to the proto look.
You sure? Personally I'm leaning more towards the V1 with likeness than the V2. It's what's holding me back from keeping my order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-100820_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-100820_Instagram.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 83
You sure? Personally I'm leaning more towards the V1 with likeness than the V2. It's what's holding me back from keeping my order.
That does not look like 22 year old Orlando Bloom to me (his age when LOTR was filmed).

I do think the likeness is good in version 1 but I agree that it does not look like 22 year old Bloom. I think it looks more like Bloom from the hobbit movies.
I'd probably agree with that. V1 may not look young enough but it's definitely more Bloom in the face than V2 I feel. Pulled mine out of my display to get a feeling if I wanted to sell or not. After putting the elven cloak on and did some styling to the hair. I'm feeling pretty confident I'll be keeping V1.

Attachments

• 20210923_213252.jpg
    20210923_213252.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 74
I'd probably agree with that. V1 may not look young enough but it's definitely more Bloom in the face than V2 I feel. Pulled mine out of my display to get a feeling if I wanted to sell or not. After putting the elven cloak on and did some styling to the hair. I'm feeling pretty confident I'll be keeping V1.
He does look better in that shot but still seems like his features are exaggerated. I’m keeping mine most likely and compare them in person together.

To be honest, if what I see is what I get, definitely it's going to be one of the best LOTR figures that Asmus has released so far. The proportions and articulations are excellent, the clothes seems of quality and above all, the headsculpt, the paint application and the rooted hair look film accurate and very, very good, at least in my opinion. I can't wait to receive it and display it along with Aragorn :)

Honestly, I think he looks pretty great here. I have zero complaints if this is what he looks like in hand! I'm even pretty impressed with the color match on the hair. At least in that video. I'm now officially optimistic!

Great articulation and great poses in his review, too.
Yep I’ve always loved Justin’s HT SW reviews. Great camera and set up, I know some people don’t like his accent/inflections but that seems a trivial complaint.

Though he doesn’t appreciate LOTR franchise, he thinks the figure is great quality and the likeness is there (I agree with him). He also asked if he should review more LOTR Asmus and I said yes in the comments.

I think he looks good in Justin's video with the exception of the hair. I'm usually ok with the mix of molded and faux hair but here it just looks strange. I guess as long as he is facing forward, you'll be fine, as you won't be able to see the backside, where they meet.

I do understand the difficulty of trying to do those tiny braids with faux doll hair.

Back